Sign in to follow this  
Scubby

Toronto - Saturday Night RL is back

Wolfpack are back in action at home against Thunder tonight. I must admit that Saturday night at 9.30 is a fantastic TV slot for UK viewers. Thoroughly looking forward to another fix on Premier. Wolfpack and Thunder have both wobbled in recent weeks. Hopefully a good game and sunny conditions.

Not sure who I want to win this one. Would really like one of York or Newcastle to mix it up in the playoffs as dark horses. Think the WP will have too much though.

Rugby league all morning on Premier, two live games on Sky from 3 and then back to Premier at 9.30pm.

Cant complain!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Rugby league all morning on Premier, two live games on Sky from 3 and then back to Premier at 9.30pm.

Cant complain!

Can't complain? And you call yourself a TTG fan!

Look DNA, screen saver, Parky, the refs, expansion versus whatever the hell the opposite is ..... you're just not trying Dave, come on get it together!

It'll be even better when RL's on Freeview for directing people who don't want or have Sky to go when we want to push RL on an unsuspecting and unaware public.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Cant complain!

Now the wife on the other hand may not agree lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Try hiding the remote and lots of gifts to show your demonstrably undying love.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Scubby said:

To be fair i'm taking her out tonight to the Festival for a night of comedy, so the Toronto game may end up being watched on delay over a kebab ?

#everyoneshappy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

To be fair i'm taking her out tonight to the Festival for a night of comedy, so the Toronto game may end up being watched on delay over a kebab ?

#everyoneshappy

Just to be clear Scubby, its my wife Im taking out later not yours! ?

Edited by Dave T

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

With a routine like that, you should be *on* at the festival. #davechuckles

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

With a routine like that, you should be *on* at the festival. #davechuckles

All this rugby on tv is obviously putting me in a good mood! 

Now, if Wire could pull their finger out!

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

If you could pick her up about 9pm and make sure she isn't back until about 11.30pm that would be great :D 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Scubby said:

Wolfpack are back in action at home against Thunder tonight. I must admit that Saturday night at 9.30 is a fantastic TV slot for UK viewers. Thoroughly looking forward to another fix on Premier. Wolfpack and Thunder have both wobbled in recent weeks. Hopefully a good game and sunny conditions.

Scubby, Tommy, Dave, Oxford and John, you guys put me in mind of a kid that's got locked up in a sweetie shop all by him/her-self!!!  I'm just heading out the door for the 1+ hour drive from the boonies down to Lamport. Schedule is:- 3:00-3:30 - at the TWP shop, check out the merch. and meet and greet with Quinn Ngawati and Gary Wheeler (not named on today's squad), 3:30-4:30 - people watch all the crowd filter in, listen to the tunes, watch the cheer-leaders and the squads work-out, have English Breakfast on a bun from "Rashers", 4:30-6:15 - watch the game (hot-dog cannon antics at half-time), 6:15-7:30 - hang out with the fans and chat with all the players at pitch side.  May have one cold one + a coffee, 7:30 - head home while it is still light out.  So, about 4 and a half hours of Saturday fun and sport which will be all the more enjoyable if the Wolfpack win. Oh, and BTW, the wife comes to the games too.

Hope that you all enjoy the Premier feed and the don't have any hiccups with it.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Scubby, Tommy, Dave, Oxford and John, you guys put me in mind of a kid that's got locked up in a sweetie shop all by him/her-self!!!  I'm just heading out the door for the 1+ hour drive from the boonies down to Lamport. Schedule is:- 3:00-3:30 - at the TWP shop, check out the merch. and meet and greet with Quinn Ngawati and Gary Wheeler (not named on today's squad), 3:30-4:30 - people watch all the crowd filter in, listen to the tunes, watch the cheer-leaders and the squads work-out, have English Breakfast on a bun from "Rashers", 4:30-6:15 - watch the game (hot-dog cannon antics at half-time), 6:15-7:30 - hang out with the fans and chat with all the players at pitch side.  May have one cold one + a coffee, 7:30 - head home while it is still light out.  So, about 4 and a half hours of Saturday fun and sport which will be all the more enjoyable if the Wolfpack win. Oh, and BTW, the wife comes to the games too.

Hope that you all enjoy the Premier feed and the don't have any hiccups with it.

Enjoy mate. I will be watching that beer garden tonight with envy. 

Our new friends from Toronto have been very quiet about this game. We usually have a thread early in the week, often more than one...

HELLOOOO Toronto, are you still with us?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scubby said:

Wolfpack are back in action at home against Thunder tonight. I must admit that Saturday night at 9.30 is a fantastic TV slot for UK viewers.

The timing is great, on both sides of the Atlantic.  4:30PM EDT is perfect for an afternoon at the field, and would probably have higher attendance than evening games, while 9:30PM BST is perfect for a prime time live match on the TV.  If the U.K. games were played a couple of hours later, it might work almost as well in reverse.  Early evening at the field and early afternoon on the TV/radio over beer and burgers.

9 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Our new friends from Toronto have been very quiet about this game. We usually have a thread early in the week, often more than one...

HELLOOOO Toronto, are you still with us?

A lot of the discussion has relocated to the Toronto Wolfpack specific forum.  The perceived negativity/hostility, here, even if only from a vocal minority, has made that venue feel like a better place for some of us new users to get our feet wet.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ChoboMog said:

The perceived negativity/hostility, here, even if only from a vocal minority, has made that venue feel like a better place for some of us new users to get our feet wet.

And I'm sure all the petty, sniping moaners responsible for the hostility are extremely proud of themselves.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

And I'm sure all the petty, sniping moaners responsible for the hostility are extremely proud of themselves.

Yeah it's a shame, I really enjoyed all the new RL fans from Canada posting here

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChoboMog said:

The timing is great, on both sides of the Atlantic.  4:30PM EDT is perfect for an afternoon at the field, and would probably have higher attendance than evening games, while 9:30PM BST is perfect for a prime time live match on the TV.  If the U.K. games were played a couple of hours later, it might work almost as well in reverse.  Early evening at the field and early afternoon on the TV/radio over beer and burgers.

A lot of the discussion has relocated to the Toronto Wolfpack specific forum.  The perceived negativity/hostility, here, even if only from a vocal minority, has made that venue feel like a better place for some of us new users to get our feet wet.

That is a sad reflection of this board. 

11 minutes ago, Scubby said:

That is a sad reflection of this board. 

Even sadder that none of us is remotely surprised that this has happened.

GREAT in the local italian now with the dog and will head home  to watch soon:)))

Thank god for those dodgy ukrainian internet boxes we have here in Spain:)))))

Edited by Vladman

1 hour ago, ChoboMog said:

Yes,  I am one of those who has been constraining most of my commenting now to the L1 threads.  I posted some very rational posts in main forum threads in the June/early July period but so many of the main threads seem to deteriorate quickly (as well as digress) and I now only rarely venture here to the general forum.

@Scubby

I think the idea of some evening Rugby to relax to on a Saturday night sounds wonderful.  I cannot attend today's game as I am busy subbing for some of my techs who I gave the weekend off, so I have 16 monitors minding the software and hosting empires, and one with the cbc feed about to go live for the game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captain Survival said:

Yes,  I am one of those who has been constraining most of my commenting now to the L1 threads.  I posted some very rational posts in main forum threads in the June/early July period but so many of the main threads seem to deteriorate quickly (as well as digress) and I now only rarely venture here to the general forum.

@Scubby

I think the idea of some evening Rugby to relax to on a Saturday night sounds wonderful.  I cannot attend today's game as I am busy subbing for some of my techs who I gave the weekend off, so I have 16 monitors minding the software and hosting empires, and one with the cbc feed about to go live for the game.

I just cannot wait for those potentially huge Saturday night games hopefully in the next 2-3 years. Wigan and Leeds at Toronto live on a Saturday night gets me far too excited. I'm giddy enough watching League 1 games to be honest! :) 

• Like 2

Its just about to start Scubby!  For a 2nd the feed paused but no doubt Premier has messed up something and we are back to the music.....

• Like 1