Sign in to follow this  
IM2

Skolars announce best ever Real ale line up for Friday Night Lights 25th Aug Match v Ironmen

IM2    351

London Skolars and pouring partners Caveman Brewery are delighted to announce the real ale line-up for this year’s Friday Night Lights Beer Festival. Our biggest line-up to date features local brews from Caveman as well as appropriately sourced ales from Challenge Cup Final towns Hull and Wigan.

London Skolars and pouring partners Caveman Brewery are delighted to announce the real ale line-up for this year’s Friday Night Lights Beer Festival. Our biggest line-up to date features local brews from Caveman as well as appropriately sourced ales from Challenge Cup Final towns Hull and Wigan.

The Line-up

Hull Beers

Great Newsome Brewery

CORN DOLLY: Brewed with copious amounts of wheat malt, this clear, golden session beer has hints of Orange and a smooth biscuity finish (3.9% ABV)

FROTHINGHAM BEST: Dark amber robust best bitter. Aroma of raisin fruit and hazelnuts. Modestly bittered with resin hop and peach fruit tones to a sweet finish (4.3% ABV)

Wigan Beers

Prospect Brewery

SILVER TALLY: A clean, pale golden yellow beer with citrus aromas, a dry bitter sweet     balance and full hop flavour. (3.7% ABV)

WHATEVER: A pale, straw coloured ale blended with four different hop varieties to give an intensely hopped clean flavour and a grapefruit aroma.

London & South East Beers

Caveman Brewery

NEOLITHIC: A hoppy pale ale with a straightforward malt character that really lets the citrus, grapefruit and pine flavours of our heavy hop cmbo shine through. A refreshing session beer for a summer’s day. (4.1& ABV)

PALEOLITHIC: A light session beer with a high dose of aromatic hops, well balanced and very drinkable, this is a local favourite. Sweet malts balance out the grapefruit and citrus from the US cascade hops to produce an easy drinking session ale. It’s then dry-hopped to add a bit of punch and aroma.

NEANDRATHAL: The Neanderthal remembers when best bitter was the best. This beer is Caveman’s recollection of that, full of roast and caramel malt flavours and traditional Kent hops. (4.4% ABV)

Far and Wide Beers

Titanic Brewery (West Mids)

PLUM PORTER: Dark, strong and well rounded: the richness of such a rotund beer is brought to an even keel by the late addition of Goldings hops and natural plum flavouring. (4.9% ABV)

Thornbridge Brewery (Peak District)

LOOK NORTH: Manchester Style beer that pours a light golden colour. Bracingly bitter and dry. Made North has light malt aromas and flavours of earthy, floral and very moreish English Hops (3.8% ABV) 

This is by far our most expansive festival to date, come along to responsibly enjoy these beers, the perfect accompaniment to great rugby league.

As well as the beer festival, bbq/street food & live music available.

Early bird tickets at £12 (normal £15) & combo CCF ticket included at £25. Buy here now https://www.eventbrite.com/e/friday-night-lights-2017-skolars-vs-ironmen-tickets-34390930198

FNL 2017.png

• Like 1

bazzzz65    45

Titanic Plum Porter is my favourite beer. I may go next Friday just for that. Although Prospect beers are good and Great Newsome too.

• Like 1

IM2    351
15 minutes ago, bazzzz65 said:

Titanic Plum Porter is my favourite beer. I may go next Friday just for that. Although Prospect beers are good and Great Newsome too.

be great to see you spread the word mate 

bazzzz65    45
27 minutes ago, IM2 said:

be great to see you spread the word mate 

I live in West London but my brother and a few friends from Lancashire are down for the Final so we may venture to the Wild North of London! 

IM2    351
4 minutes ago, bazzzz65 said:

I live in West London but my brother and a few friends from Lancashire are down for the Final so we may venture to the Wild North of London! 

pls do its a great night and your patronage is appreciated, 

22 minutes ago, newbe said:

Can you get draught larger or is it still cans, do like a cold pint, like bronco's serve.

They had draft when I went to the opening game against Toronto 

IM2    351
3 hours ago, newbe said:

Can you get draught larger or is it still cans, do like a cold pint, like bronco's serve.

we should have draft and cans/bottles (until we run out!)

IM2    351
1 hour ago, Stevo said:

Always a good night this - hope to make it again this year.

thanks for the support

Futtocks    5,867

No Watneys Party Sevens? Outrage!

ojx    450

If FNL at the Skolars is anything like a Wolfpack game, then the beer line up is more important then the starting player line up.

• Like 1

Anything from great newsome is usually top beer. Headland red is my favourite of theirs; keep threatening to book a brewery tour with the mrs! If you're really into your craft beers I can also recommend checking out Bricknell Brewery: they are micro brewers based in the heart of Hull (as opposed to great newsome who are based in Hull's commuter belt) They do some fantastic beers many of which are produced from old Hull Brewery recipes from donkeys years ago. Most of them are strong ales too at 5% plus (including a 9% porter that is F***ing Amazing!) Amyway, good luck with this Skolars sounds like a top night! Putting the Skol back into Skolars? 

bazzzz65    45

We went to East Yorkshire earlier this season to see Wigan play at Hull. We stayed in Bridlington as Paul Heaton was in concert and all accommodation was booked up in Hull. Some great beers in Brid,Hull and Beverley. Pity the result wasn't as good as the beer. Hopefully different on Saturday.