World Cup Boycott?

Lewis

I blame Nigel Wood!

Actually, I don't, because I'm not insane, but I do like to be the first at everything

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seeing as the Rugby World Cup is the sport's biggest chance to sell itself, grow globally and thrive in a way that benefits everyone involved, something as short-sighted, petty and self-destructive as this was virtually guaranteed to happen.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

Except at the bar

I admit that my legal career faltered, mainly because I never had the Latin, never had the Latin for the judging, I just never had sufficient of it to get through the rigorous judging exams. They're noted for their rigour.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think the NRL has been poorly run for some years now, with a lack of unity within the game in Australia. It's as if the players assn has seen the power vacuum and is trying to muscle in on it. What they are asking seems excessive but is all part of the power game. If the NRL yield, they will be marginalised.

I'm not convinced a WC boycott is serious. However, if it did happen, while many would be turned off I'd be happy to see a more even tournament. The games would be more entertaining. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Yes please, boycott the World Cup. Who cares anyway? Origin is the pinnacle of the game bla bla bla...

But don't come crying when the money eventually dries up in Australia.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

The disdain for the international game some Kangaroos players show is a stain on their careers for me.

Things like even threatwning this, plus the rest years they insist on are holding the game back.

But hey, Origin and stuff.

9 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

The fact that they are even considering this makes me seriously doubt my commitment to professional RL.

I'm thinking the same. I think I'm nearly done with game and i don't think you and i are alone.

If the Aussie players strike come the world cup along with another poor England show and lack of ambition by the RFL then I'm 100% finished with game

19 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I'm thinking the same. I think I'm nearly done with game and i don't think you and i are alone.

If the Aussie players strike come the world cup along with another poor England show and lack of ambition by the RFL then I'm 100% finished with game

I would still watch the game as I love league, but I would not actively be a fan. Know how you feel. 

Wow, for those nearly done with the game, you might as well go now. Your interest in following RL is at stake because of some players in Australia? I must be missing something. 

Anyone who knows anything about the majority of Australian citizens will realise the term navel gazer is a spot on definition. For any Aussies who come here I realise this doesn't apply to you. Unfortunately it applies too often to many others. 

An Aussie RL TV show a few years back was shown in NZ. People could request RL clips. One asked to see the Aussies thrash France 70-0 in France. The highlights were shown and the hosts were in raptures over the mighty Kangaroos. I was horrorfied the effect this would have on French RL but not these clowns.

I then started writing in requesting games the Kangaroos were beaten in but none were shown. Still, I was hoping they got the point. 

So for any who feel their love of the game is dependant on people who have that sort of inward view of the world, you should have gone years ago. Nothing has changed. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

I say let em do what they like and ignore them - win the World Cup and rub it in their faces for the next four years - anything they do is their decision so they can't fall back on - we were weaker - because if they can't be assed to play for their country we can live off that for the next 25 years.

"you can't even be assed to play for Australia - and if I was you I wouldn't want to either"

"btw look at our shiny trophy"

of courae the worst thing to happen would be for them to win it without loads of players 

24 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Wow, for those nearly done with the game, you might as well go now. Your interest in following RL is at stake because of some players in Australia? I must be missing something.

Anyone who knows anything about the majority of Australian citizens will realise the term navel gazer is a spot on definition. For any Aussies who come here I realise this doesn't apply to you. Unfortunately it applies too often to many others.

An Aussie RL TV show a few years back was shown in NZ. People could request RL clips. One asked to see the Aussies thrash France 70-0 in France. The highlights were shown and the hosts were in raptures over the mighty Kangaroos. I was horrorfied the effect this would have on French RL but not these clowns.

I then started writing in requesting games the Kangaroos were beaten in but none were shown. Still, I was hoping they got the point.

So for any who feel their love of the game is dependant on people who have that sort of inward view of the world, you should have gone years ago. Nothing has changed.

Apart from the whinging Aussies there are other things that need to be addresed.

Here in the UK.Falling sponsorship. Falling junior playing numbers and falling match day crowds and the RFL's lack of ambition.

I think the Rugby League in Australia has the same problem.

43 minutes ago, RayCee said:

what a pathetic comment. You are missing a lot.

Archived