Sign in to follow this  
Man of Kent

65k expected for Challenge Cup final

Man of Kent    605

Roger Draper says so in LE.

Only 8k tickets sold to Wigan. 16k Hull. That's a lot of neutrals...

Ladbrokes have extended for another year.  Final to stay at Wembley in August at least for 2018. Ellery Hanley to present t'cup

Old Frightful    3,125
41 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Only 8k tickets sold to Wigan

Surely that can't be right, Wigan have around 13k passholders don't they?

Not convinced by those figures.

ojx    457
1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Ladbrokes have extended for another year.  Final to stay at Wembley in August at least for 2018. Ellery Hanley to present t'cup

WTF is wrong with Man of Kent and attendance. GET A LIFE.

• Like 1

Roy Boy    177
15 minutes ago, ojx said:

WTF is wrong with Man of Kent and attendance. GET A LIFE.

Have you been to Kent? ?

• Like 3

Blind side johnny    2,565
8 hours ago, Johnoco said:

We all know that actually means 40K.

The opposite in some ways apparently. Previous finals at Wembley#2 have included Club Wembley tickets even though the seats were largely unoccupied. This year the RFL were allowed to offer these seats for sale but the attendance will only include those actually occupied. In other words this season's attendance will be pretty well the same as the last couple have been.

Is anyone from this forum going, and did you used to be a regular CC final atendee? I think the habit of attending the final died when the dates were changed.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Is anyone from this forum going, and did you used to be a regular CC final atendee? I think the habit of attending the final died when the dates were changed.

Going in a group of 4.  We go every year.  Date or teams competing never comes into equation.  Venue would though.

• Like 2

Toby Chopra    115
9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

For us southerners it's still the easiest of the showpiece events to get to so most will keep going, although BH weekend is still a bl#ody pain. As a neutral I can buy tickets early dead cheap, so usually buy one or two extra to give away to friends nearer the time.

Crowds may have dropped since the 90s, but if a bigger proportion are Southerners then it's not all bad.

• Like 1

Odsal Outlaw    526

I'm going in a group of 6.  Only worry about estimate of 65k is that we usually over estimate.  But if it is 65k then fair do's, something to build on.  Although that's with two well supported clubs.

Scubby    5,051

I would imagine Wigan fans will just buy tickets through the RFL. The days of queuing for tickets must be a dying art.

DavidM    1,320
9 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

I'd be shocked if those figures are true . Excellent call though to get The Pearl as guest 

Dr Tim Whatley    142
1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes, and I have gone every year since 2006 (Saints v Huddersfield at Twickenham).

Given I live in the south, I'll go to the CC Final as long as it is down here. I've even managed to drag along a couple of first-timers this year.

It'll be a great day - always is. Well, apart from that soaking we all got in 2013.

• Like 2

Johnoco    3,347
3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The opposite in some ways apparently. Previous finals at Wembley#2 have included Club Wembley tickets even though the seats were largely unoccupied. This year the RFL were allowed to offer these seats for sale but the attendance will only include those actually occupied. In other words this season's attendance will be pretty well the same as the last couple have been.

I was only mimicking the poster who used to come on immediately after the final whistle and say '70k? There was only 55 there really'.

I can't go myself due to other arrangements but would do.

Scubby    5,051

There were 67k in attendance for the 2013 World Cup semi-final and it was rocking. Configuration was spot on. I would imagine it will also be the case on Saturday. Due to restrictions there were only 70k-ish for the Spurs v Chelsea game yesterday and it mattered not a jot - atmosphere looked great.

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 2

JohnM    2,658

I was only mimicking the poster 

The poster?  Not "the posters" :smile:

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 2

Johnoco    3,347
5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I was only mimicking the poster 

The poster?  Not "the posters" :smile:

Well yes but there was one in particular who popped up like clockwork. Can't remember their name tho'.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Only missed 4 finals since 1985 and this year there are 23 of us going to the game including 6 who are London based (ok 1 is am ex-pat Whitehaven lad) this is the biggest trip I have arranged and is a far cry from when 3 of us went to one of the Murrayfield finals.

shaun mc    546

First final was the heatwave of 1976, only missed 2 or 3 since then. 

Only 4 of us this year - generally been between 4 and 8 in recent years

Staying in Hampstead, Camden Friday night. Borough Market/Southwark Saturday morning. Founders Arms on the river is a great place (if its dry) and has been a constant Saturday morning place for a beer or 2 pre-match for a number of years

Changing from Wembley would be an issue for me, though enjoyed Millenium stadium. 

Looking forward to a better atmosphere with the change in the blocks open

timtum    123
50 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Well yes but there was one in particular who popped up like clockwork. Can't remember their name tho'.

Canetman?

• Like 1

jacksy    156

21 of us..love Wembley and the CCF should never leave.

Edited by jacksy