Sign in to follow this  
OverTheHillBill

Swinton get another wind up order

Adeybull    493

For clarity, this is not a Winding Up Order.  It is (yet another) Winding Up Petition.

A WUP is issued where money is owed, and the debtor is prima facie insolvent. It is the nuclear (and expensive) option to enforce payment, since unless the debt is paid by the time of the hearing, and the petition therefore not pursued as a result, the debtor company faces the very real prospect of the High Court issuing a Winding Up Order. That puts the company into liquidation.

Many companies, faced with a WUP and not being able to pay, apply to the High Court for an Administration Order. If granted, thsi stays any winding up proceedings, and Administrators are appointed by the High Court (of which they are officers) to attempt to save or sell the business as a going concern, or otherwise secure a better outcome for creditors than winding up.

This has happened a number of times now at Swinton. One day, one fears the worst?

Edited by Adeybull
  • Like 3

Cake Tiger    126

The person who opens the mail at Swinton must open it and say "This must be a wind-up"......

.................................................[gets coat and leaves]

• Like 7

Hopping Mad    78
1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

They have a rich history but offer nothing to Rugby League nowadays.

Time to let Manchester Rangers take their place

You may be right. It's been a lingering death since Swinton sold Station Road and left the town. Very sad.

JohnM    2,654

Trust me..a lingering death since much earlier than that.   As a regular at Station Road between 1957 and 1966 or so, despite a magnificent double, the ground and the club was in a continuous state of decay. Crowds were never that good at a time when the turnstiles were the biggest revenue source. Swinton was - and still is - on the outer edge of what was regarded as the heartlands. Demographic changes, improved transport links, improved economic circumstance etc enabled local residents to find their entertainment elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Jim Prendle    346

I played at Station Road in the 1981 BUSCARLA Cup final. It was a dump even then.

I remember arriving at the ground in a coach, and there was a Mini parked in the way so the coach couldn't get on the car park. We got off the coach, picked up the Mini, and carried it into an alley and left it sideways on facing both sides of the alleyway. I would love to have seen the guy's face when he came back to get his car. Childish I know, but it was funny at the time.

• Like 1

Scubby    5,042

I bought a Jammie wagon wheel at Station Road back in 1992. I hope I've done my bit for the cause.

On a serious note, the paper chain is inevitable with this it is like more leaking holes than fingers. If you want to plug a new one something else has to give.

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

I bought a Jammie wagon wheel at Station Road back in 1992. I hope I've done my bit for the cause.

On a serious note, the paper chain is inevitable with this it is like more leaking holes than fingers. If you want to plug a new one something else has to give.

Can you remember, Scubby?  Was there a mini wedged in an alleyway nearby when you were there in '92, with a perplexed looking bloke in the driving seat?

• Like 1

Jim Prendle    346
33 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Can you remember, Scubby?  Was there a mini wedged in an alleyway nearby when you were there in '92, with a perplexed looking bloke in the driving seat?

Poor ###### was probably still executing his 6000 point turn.

Scubby    5,042
35 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

You've got me there Wiltshire. I don't lol. I do remember thinking how they hell did they get those huge crowds into this stadium in the old days?

Jim Prendle    346
2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

You've got me there Wiltshire. I don't lol. I do remember thinking how they hell did they get those huge crowds into this stadium in the old days?

Or those Mini's sideways into alleyways?

I'd like to say it was me who thought of doing that, but if memory serves me correctly it was the brainchild of two of the great practical jokers of RL. One of whom went on to win the Lance Todd Trophy and play 30 times for his country, and the other one who is a Warrington legend, captained his country, and is sadly missed to this day. 

Funny days.

Angelic Cynic    201

Any of the RFL supprters able to explain why the governing body bothered to introduce the 'stricter' rules regarding HMRC after The Crusaders liquidation?

Why they introduced 'special measures'?

It doesn't seem to be applied.Swinton again facing  the courts,yet were allowed to sign players,after the 'deadline'.

http://www.swintonlionsrlfc.com/news/357

Just remove the entire section.

Route66    8

I would hate to lose any members of the rugby league family,enjoyed visiting station road back in its day,let's hope the lion's make it through.A big concern should be lose a club like swinton and all its supporters past and present will probably be lost to the game forever

11 hours ago, The Future is League said:

They have a rich history but offer nothing to Rugby League nowadays.

Time to let Manchester Rangers take their place

More likely move Swinton to New York.

With Mr Perez Swinton will get big crowds.

JohnM    2,654

well, im certainly not lost to the game forever. In my personal experience, the club was never that well supported going back to 1957.  Don't know about before that, though. I'm sure a stattowill have the numbers to hand.

DavidM    1,301
8 hours ago, Scubby said:

Jammie wagon wheels .... mmmmmmm

Edited by DavidM

Futtocks    5,867

@adamhillscomedy  56 minutes ago
Shout out to @Swinton_Lions this weekend. Up from the canvas and still fighting. I'm proud to support Rugby League in the U.K.