2018 Squad.

marklaspalmas

3 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

Just as I was starting to look forward to the season, first Griffin, now Hock, if we want to fight (literally) clubs to top 4 then he may give us a chance....bad signing imo. If he comes with an attitude to train, travel, commit and show a good example to our younger players then I have no problem, but history tells me otherwise!  Why don’t the like of London or Leigh, who are fighting for top 4 want him?  He was one of the most promising youngster I’ve seen, but mentally couldn’t cut it, can’t see it happening now for us!! How much will he cost? I’d like to see Robins show his botty on Mexborough market, but I’m afraid that’s not happening!! 

Listening to Leigh supporters, the issue they had with Hock was with his injuries. Apparently no off field issues, and when he played was good, which was at Super League level. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we beat C#s in that famous cup game we played Wigan after in the next round at home in an evening kick off.He was the difference between the sides.He won it up front doing the nasty stuff and with his trys otherwise we would have won this tight game.If it is him who we’ve signed then great I would sooner have him on our roster than Griffin because he is a better player.As for the bad comments on Hock , I hope it is not transferred into the ground on match days as the lad deserves the chance to start with us on a clean slate.

5 hours ago, POR said:

griffin never broke a tackle never offloaded hock someone with a bit of biff good ball handler won't take a backward step

did he want THEM?

Im sure if you ask robin nicely Robin will show you his botty

He’s a liability for me, think he will cost us with penalties....

As for Robins botty, I’d rather see that than Hock in a Fev shirt!?

5 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Listening to Leigh supporters, the issue they had with Hock was with his injuries. Apparently no off field issues, and when he played was good, which was at Super League level. 

I think he is a great ball handling forward, always has been, but for me, he’ll cost us with his discipline!! If he was that good, surely Leigh would keep him, surely other sides would be in for him, I can’t imagine he’d pick Fev over other top 4 clubs, I could be wrong, for me he’s a waste of money....

10 minutes ago, POR said:

as many as lockwood

I wouldn’t entertain any player who has been found guilty of drug abuse...I made my thoughts clear on that one when he came back to us....

10 minutes ago, POR said:

ones in canada ones in france and ones in london

And one’s in Leigh, so why come to little part time Fev? Maybe ‘cos no one else wants him? 

It’s going to be a very tough season, no doubt we’ll pick up some injuries, that’s out of our control,  but discipline isn’t and in my view Hock struggle in that department!!

26 minutes ago, Auntie Ruth said:

I wouldn’t entertain any player who has been found guilty of drug abuse...I made my thoughts clear on that one when he came back to us...

I agree but just pointing out he's a penalty machine

29 minutes ago, Auntie Ruth said:

....And one’s in Leigh,

true leigh didn't want him but they didn't want anybody since October they got rid of  13 players and signed on 19

44 minutes ago, Auntie Ruth said:

why come to little part time Fev?

everybody in the championship know FEVs a good fit and according to our chairman “At Featherstone, we are closing in on becoming a full-time club and genuinely pushing as a serious promotion candidate via the Super 8s format." maybe that just swung it

24 minutes ago, POR said:

I agree but just pointing out he's a penalty machine

true leigh didn't want him but they didn't want anybody since October they got rid of  13 players and signed on 19

everybody in the championship know FEVs a good fit and according to our chairman “At Featherstone, we are closing in on becoming a full-time club and genuinely pushing as a serious promotion candidate via the Super 8s format." maybe that just swung it

My guess is Lockwood is probably on a mediocre contract, but yes he does concede penalties, but doesn’t spend much time in the bin or having an early bath!! Leigh can afford to swap and change a team with the financial security they have at the moment and if we don’t hit top 4 this season and probably next, I’m afraid without substantial financial backing, Fev will be a decent Championship side at best, as we’ve covered that topic on several occasions!!  If we do sign him then I’ll support him because he’s a Fev player, but I fear it’s the wrong decision and could cause unrest at the club....

2 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

I wouldn’t entertain any player who has been found guilty of drug abuse...I made my thoughts clear on that one when he came back to us....

And one’s in Leigh, so why come to little part time Fev? Maybe ‘cos no one else wants him? 

It’s going to be a very tough season, no doubt we’ll pick up some injuries, that’s out of our control,  but discipline isn’t and in my view Hock struggle in that department!!

Get your facts right first http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41604478

FEATHERSTONE Rovers have beaten off stiff competition to complete the signing of former England international Gareth Hock.

Hock, who has made over 250 domestic appearances since turning professional in 2003, has put pen to paper on a one-year deal with the club.

The former Wigan, Widnes and Salford forward arrives following a three-season spell with Leigh Centurions.

Hock is seeking further success having helped the Centurions to promotion in 2016, an achievement he believes Featherstone are capable of emulating. 

He is to be sponsored by one of the Rovers’ newest commercial partners, TASK Utilities, for the 2018 season.

“I am really happy to be joining Featherstone, where I have enjoyed some great battles in the past - with Wigan and Leigh,” said Hock.

“There is a buzz about the place and, having spoken to Martyn Ridyard about how much he is enjoying life here, signing was a no-brainer.

“I have experienced promotion to Super League with Leigh, it was one of the biggest achievements of my career, and would love to do it all over again with Featherstone.

“The club has recruited very well and will certainly challenge the likes of Toronto and Leigh at the top of the table.

“I am looking forward to playing my part in what could be a really special season for Featherstone.”

Head coach John Duffy welcomes Hock as his eighth new addition ahead of the 2018 Betfred Championship.

Duffy believes the Wigan-born front-rower will bring “power and aggression” to the Rovers’ ranks and cannot wait to begin working with his latest recruit.

“Gareth will add a great deal of value to the squad and I am very excited to be bringing someone of his calibre to the club,” said the Featherstone boss.

“His experience is priceless and he will play a big part in what we are looking to achieve this year.

“The club has done a great job in getting the deal over the line. Now we need to get Gareth ready to make his debut, which will hopefully be in the next week or so.”

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, Auntie Ruth said:

I presume you mean he left Leigh and not the other way round, presumably to peruse a career in SL....so what’s your point??

Ruth unless it is someone using a false name I believe its Gareth Hock himself defending himself from what you are posting about him,telling you the facts from the horses mouth so to speak.

1 hour ago, Auntie Ruth said:

I presume you mean he left Leigh and not the other way round, presumably to peruse a career in SL....so what’s your point??

You said Leigh didn’t want him when they did he left them. I have been reading this forum and most of your post are incredibly negative about featherstone 

34 minutes ago, Gareth hock said:

You said Leigh didn’t want him when they did he left them. I have been reading this forum and most of your post are incredibly negative about featherstone 

It says in the article that he has left Leigh to persue a career in SL....so why Fev, that’s my point!  Can’t see why I’m being negative about Fev, IMO, Hock has the potential to cause havoc, based on what I’ve seen of him! I try and post what I truly believe, but it seems that unless I don’t follow like a sheep then I get slated! Some of my posts may be controversial, but this is a forum and we all have different views and like I have posted, I will support any player at Fev, but I don’t have to like em!! 

2 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

It says in the article that he has left Leigh to persue a career in SL....so why Fev, that’s my point!  Can’t see why I’m being negative about Fev, IMO, Hock has the potential to cause havoc, based on what I’ve seen of him! I try and post what I truly believe, but it seems that unless I don’t follow like a sheep then I get slated! Some of my posts may be controversial, but this is a forum and we all have different views and like I have posted, I will support any player at Fev, but I don’t have to like em!! 

Maybe he did leave Leigh to persue a career in SL but for one reason or another that did not work out maybe age or discipline, but he as come too the next best thing which is a strong and capable championship team who should be pushing for top 2  with the team we have built this year ,i am  glad he is playing for fev and not against us  because always an handfull

Anyway whats done is done and im sure like me you want the best for fev

Enjoy the game today 

3 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

Ruth theres no problem with discussing controversial points like I did last year when I said I wasn’t pleased with Misi for his inept performances in the middle eights mostly but you have to get ready and deal with any hostility coming back at you like I did thats all .

Archived