Sign in to follow this  
Padge

Strange Text to Manchester Radio

At the very end of the Manchester Radio's coverage of Leigh v Widnes game today, after the phone in nutters had said their piece, Jack Dearden read out a text from someone, I think he said they were from Salford, claiming Derek Beaumont is about to walk away from Leigh.

WTF

No doubt Leythers will follow this with Degsie is a true Leyther and won't walk blah blah blah. However it was a very strange message to close the progam on, almost we've heard this but now we have an excuse to air it.

Edited by Padge

22 hours ago, Padge said:

At the very end of the Manchester Radio's coverage of Leigh v Widnes game today, after the phone in nutters had said their piece, Jack Dearden read out a text from someone, I think he said they were from Salford, claiming Derek Beaumont is about to walk away from Leigh.

WTF

No doubt Leythers will follow this with Degsie is a true Leyther and won't walk blah blah blah. However it was a very strange message to close the progam on, almost we've heard this but now we have an excuse to air it.

Whoever said that wants decking

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Well, he couldn't take a train.

11 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Whoever said that wants decking

I shan't bother to involve myself in this thread, the standard of humour is rather too great for me to compete with.

Very impressive guys. :good:

On catch up with all things Leigh related as I went to the U19 Academy GF yestrday - excellently officiated I might say - and well done to Wigan

I'm reading a lot of meltdown material and some posts from usually reliable sources - as in people who say little but what they say turns out to be true. When Mr Beaumont stepped to one side and appointed Cunningham, as he would be busy in Hull with his business I thought at last we might get to a place where we hear from the coaches and players and not the owner etc. He then went to Vegas and posted Show me the money type videos - not sure how much decking they need in Vegas but presume he's busy now in Hull. Then I'm reading a continuing theme of unsettled players, another tribunal and players missing training, fall outs with coaches .... so it would appear that whilst many tried to lay the blame for any trouble at Leigh being Paul Rowley related - it's now obvious that 18 months + on, there are still many issues

Some strong coffee needs smelling

Or it could all be a load of Bull...or something to do with Bulls

I for one hope that the Centurions don't fall apart. All the time and effort from the club, the owner, the fans and the players should not go to waste. Yes, at times the club and players are easy targets - they do ask for it at  times. SuperLeague would be a far less entertaining league if fans were to stop having  a go at each others clubs,  just as it was when Hull K R went down. Nevertheless, the clubs  SL future  is in their own hands.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Maybe people shouldn't get a head of themselves. Somebody has sent a text to a local radio rugby league show. 

It was a little bit more than that, the manner of the whole thing was a bit weird. If it was just a straight forward rumour text from Albert Trellis of West Leigh I am sure it would have been ignored as they were very busy with callers, texters etc. yesterday and I am sure they could have finished with something to do with the various threads of the weekend they were covering. Dearden didn't say who the text was from but implied he knew who it was and they were associated with Salford.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Padge said:

It was a little bit more than that, the manner of the whole thing was a bit weird. If it was just a straight forward rumour text from Albert Trellis of West Leigh I am sure it would have been ignored as they were very busy with callers, texters etc. yesterday and I am sure they could have finished with something to do with the various threads of the weekend they were covering. Dearden didn't say who the text was from but implied he knew who it was and they were associated with Salford.

So it could just be MK winding up his mate?

I'm joking!