Wilsden Ram RIP

coolie

Breaking news this morning that Graham beaumont aka Wilsden ram has passed away, great bloke and benefactor of the club we all love and always willing to go the extra half yard to help the club in many ways, only last week at Sat with him before the fans forum and discussed many plans for the future. 

Like you all I'm stunned and shocked as we lose yet another member of the rams family sad sad sad day for everybody 

I pass on my condolences to all his family members. 

11 minutes ago, coolie said:

Breaking news this morning that Graham beaumont aka Wilsden ram has passed away, great bloke and benefactor of the club we all love and always willing to go the extra half yard to help the club in many ways, only last week at Sat with him before the fans forum and discussed many plans for the future. 

Like you all I'm stunned and shocked as we lose yet another member of the rams family sad sad sad day for everybody 

I pass on my condolences to all his family members. 

That is very sad. His contributions will be missed, particularly his willingness to provide a link between the club and the forum. Condolences to his family. 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

As a Batley fan this is so sad news for Dewsbury and rugby league in general.

I always looked out for his contributions.

Roger(Batley fan)

Never met him but the love for his club shone through in his posts. He'll be sadly missed and my condolences to his family and friends at the tough time.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I am both shocked and saddened by this news. Graham was a good friend with whom I had many long conversations on the South Stand over the years. He was a massive enthusiast for the club, following the team home and away, as well as a major organiser of projects. It is thanks to him that the eastern terrace got developed and I know that he was looking forward to its final completion.

He will be greatly missed by us all and I offer my deepest condolences to his family and loved ones.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

This is indeed sad news and it is fair to say I was shocked to learning of Graham's death. It is always a strange feeling that this should occur so soon after speaking with him last Tuesday at the Fans' Forum.

He may have contributed a lot to this forum and given insights to some of the "goings on" at the club, but on the South Stand we often got snippets of news about other clubs too.

A lot of supporters not of this club and some who are, may not be aware how much regard he held for his beloved Dewsbury RLFC and the hard work he put in to help the club.

My condolences, of course, go to his family. It really is a sad occasion.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I can only add my condolences to those of other posters   

A terrible blow for the club, this forum but most importantly his family and fiends. I never knew him but respected everything he posted on here and did for the club.  A massive void for the club to fill. 

RIP Wilsden Ram.I never new the bloke, but really enjoyed his very good information that he posted on the forum about the club. 

If the eastern terrace is to be named after him, then I suggest that all the fans who like standing up at the games, all congregate there on Sunday, and display a good vocal chorus in his honour. 

I echo the sentiments of the previous posts !!  I didn't know Graham very well, only having shared the odd conversation with him ... but his passion for the Rams was obvious!!...  A very sad day...... I add my condolences to his family and friends and join with others on this forum, in hoping the club will honour him and name the eastern terrace after the man who made it a reality!!

R.I.P Graham Beaumont ... a true gent ..... passionate and dedicated  Rams fan!!

Cant believe this terrible News, I knew Graham from traveling down to London with him when you played the Broncos just a couple of months ago, just like to echo everyones thoughts, he was a true gent commited to Dewsbury, condolences from Hunslet RLFC  rip

Truly shocked to hear the sad news about Graham. He stood behind us for many years in the South Stand and has been said earlier provided snippets of information regarding ours and other clubs.

Also Graham was the one of the few who travelled home and away (including the trip to Toulouse a few years ago when French ATC went on strike and caused havoc).

The club has a lost a great club man and supporter.

Condolences to his family.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand that Graham's funeral is taking place this Friday (29th Sept) and am a little surprised that there has been no information forthcoming from the club about this.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I understand that Graham's funeral is taking place this Friday (29th Sept) and am a little surprised that there has been no information forthcoming from the club about this.

May be at the request of the family ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

AS POSTED IN DEWSBURY REPORTER [14 SEPT ]

RE GRAHAM ROBERT BEAUMONT

Cortege will leave his beloved Rams Stadium at  1pm on Friday 29th September 2017.

Funeral service will be held at St John's Church, Dewsbury Moor at 1.15pm , followed by committal at Dewsbury Moor Crematorium .

Friends please accept this intimation and meet at the Church

Copied from Dewsbury Rams Facebook page:

The arrangements for the funeral of our former shareholder, project leader and well respected fan, Graham Beaumont, have now been confirmed by his family.

Supporters are invited to attend the funeral service for Graham on Friday 29th September 2017 at St John the Evangelist Church on Boothroyd Lane in Dewsbury, at 1.00pm.

A coach carrying Graham’s former work colleagues will leave Dewsbury Rams at 12.45pm and supporters are also welcome to travel on this if there is room.

The Church service will be followed by cremation at Dewsbury Crematorium, which is close to the church of St Johns.

Graham’s partner Glenda and Graham’s son and family would then like to invite you to return to the club for a funeral tea at 3.00pm.

This will be held in the Amber Ribbon bar and marquee next to the South Stand at The Tetley's Stadium.

Ample parking is available in this area.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone, 

I am Amber Grahams daughter in law and just wanted to say a big thank you from Ben (his son) and I for all the lovely words posted by everyone here. It has been uplifting to see how highly everyone thought of him, he is so very missed. 

Amber and Ben. 

Archived