Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

8th Sept : Super 8s : Hull FC v Wigan Warriors K.O. 8pm Sky TV

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

"Much worse and more deliberate" - now that is an extraordinary stretch. 

I tend to go with the disciplinary and SOS looks right to me...

I don't see how it is an extraordinary stretch? The fact that Watts didn't actually do anything wrong would make any action (such as a punch, late shot, ankle twist) much worse and more deliberate?

I just don't understand how a disciplinary can fail to say what a player did wrong yet say sending off was sufficient? I'm completely baffled by it.

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I don't see how it is an extraordinary stretch? The fact that Watts didn't actually do anything wrong would make any action (such as a punch, late shot, ankle twist) much worse and more deliberate?

I just don't understand how a disciplinary can fail to say what a player did wrong yet say sending off was sufficient? I'm completely baffled by it.

Ask them? There's a better chance of finding out doing that than wondering on here. (I'd guess at a 1% better chance, where there is 0% chance of finding out on here 🙂) 

4 hours ago, Monkeydo said:

Ask them? There's a better chance of finding out doing that than wondering on here. (I'd guess at a 1% better chance, where there is 0% chance of finding out on here 🙂) 

I'm going to write a letter and send it by carrier pigeon!

23 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'm going to write a letter and send it by carrier pigeon!

Leave it with Wattsy and ask him to drop it off next time he's there.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I assumed you had seen it.

Watts smacked a defender in the head with his free arm,  knocking him out as he went into make the tackle.

51 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I assumed you had seen it.

Watts smacked a defender in the head with his free arm,  knocking him out as he went into make the tackle.

It says his forearm and elbow were not promoted, does it not? So what you have seen is clearly different to what the disciplinary (and many others) have seen.

It literally is just like saying it's a red card every time there's a clash of heads.

On 11/09/2017 at 3:41 PM, Roy Boy said:

No further punishment for Watts!

Liam Watts - Hull FC

Hull FC v Wigan - Super 8s

Details of Charge / Reason for NF :

Player carrying ball in and begins to change direction and brace for impact from defender who is approaching player at speed from the inside. Elbow and forearm of player are not promoted. Contact made between head of opponent and front of arm of opponent. Sending Off Sufficient.

Decision:

Charge

Incident:

Strikes with forearm in the 22nd minute (McIlorum)

It appears the RFL have changed their minds.

The plot thickens...

IMG_0327.PNG