Sign in to follow this  
lifer

NEW CHAIRMAN AND BOARD MEMBERS

lifer    73

Barrow Raiders are pleased to announce that former Chairman David Sharpe has rejoined the board as Chairman. 
David is joined on the board by John Coward, Dave Robinson and Hazel Robinson.

This sure strengthening of the board has come at a vital time as Barrow Raiders push for promotion in the 2017 season.

Edited by lifer
  • Thanks 1

morty    213

Great news

SJD    133

That's a good question, it was only a few days ago he appeared in the local rag telling us now he has retired and he would be giving far more of his time to his role.  Curious>

soss    117

Let me just get a few things clear on here before anyone else get 2+2 equalling 5. 

I stood down as Chairman due to me being 250 miles away for 10 days at a time and only home every other weekend. Allan Park stepped up as interim Chairman and had the Boards full Support. There has been no "falling out".

As a Board we were struggling for numbers and we have been looking and asking for new members for some time. Dave Robinson. Hazel Robinson and John Coward expressed an interest and after meetings agreed to join. David Sharpe also expressed an interest to return to the board and it was agreed he would come back in his original position. This for me is a positive for the club with 3 new board members and a Chairman that understands and is willing to commit to the role.

I think the future of the Club is in good hands.

Edited by soss
  • Like 3

750VFR    11
4 hours ago, soss said:

Let me just get a few things clear on here before anyone else get 2+2 equalling 5. 

I stood down as Chairman due to me being 250 miles away for 10 days at a time and only home every other weekend. Allan Park stepped up as interim Chairman and had the Boards full Support. There has been no "falling out".

As a Board we were struggling for numbers and we have been looking and asking for new members for some time. Dave Robinson. Heather Robinson and John Coward expressed an interest and after meetings agreed to join. David Sharpe also expressed an interest to return to the board and it was agreed he would come back in his original position. This for me is a positive for the club with 3 new board members and a Chairman that understands and is willing to commit to the role.

Don't let the facts interfere with a good story. LOL

SJD    133
5 hours ago, soss said:

As a Board we were struggling for numbers and we have been looking and asking for new members for some time. Dave Robinson. Heather Robinson and John Coward expressed an interest and after meetings agreed to join. David Sharpe also expressed an interest to return to the board and it was agreed he would come back in his original position. This for me is a positive for the club with 3 new board members and a Chairman that understands and is willing to commit to the role.

Well Mike that clears that up, there's been a fall out :tongue:.

I hope Dave Robinson's wife Hazel doesn't find out about Heather.  ;)

morty    213
9 hours ago, rooster2003 said:

Very odd, Everybody falling out again? Sunderland packing in a while back too, now Sharpey back involved, like a load of kids

Rooster...............that wooden spoon of yours is back out is it lol

• Haha 1

Shipbuilder    30

Whatever's going on - I think it's excellent news that David Sharpe is back.

morty    213

ha ha ha

alba    71
5 hours ago, rooster2003 said:

Holty confiscated my spoon years ago Morty!! :tongue:

A good stirrer has more than one spoon, if you want to buy another let me know.