Sign in to follow this  
Gerrumonside ref

Good luck Swinton

4 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Sky should have put this one on the telly

Too right they should. But if they put it on TV the place would be half empty.

Many congratulations to the fans,players and officials at Swinton Lions.Your boys really came up with the goods today.I was speaking to some of your fans and they were very complimentary towards Oldham. At the end of the day theres a winner and a loser and you won.Good luck for next season.

• Like 1

As a former player for Swinton but a diehard Oldham fan, I must admit that you guys played the better rugby and deserved to be in the world wide championship in 2018.

I for one will miss our games in 2018

• Like 1

I went today and thought Oldham bossed the first half in terms of possession and territory, but Swinton were perhaps more clinical when they had chances.

In the second half, we noticed that George Tyson seemed in a bit of discomfort at one point and we thought it probably didn't help as the Lions got a stranglehold on the game at 19-6.

Anyway good luck next year to the Roughyeds in League One.

• Like 1

I think Oldham's pack was outstanding today, made good yards with every carry and Oldham were by far the livelier team, but were unable to convert possession into points, due I think to resolute Swinton defence and yes Swinton did take their chances when they presented themselves.

As a Swinton supported I elated that we won - but also sorry that as a result, Oldham will be relegated.

I think both teams have been similar this season, inconsistent, showed lots of potential but with too many games lost that both clubs could have won..........

Good luck to both our teams for the 2018 season.

• Like 2

I hope to god that Oldham can recover quickly and be back in the Championship for 2019 in a strong position.

And a huge well done to the Swinton Lions for this victory and consolidation once more,this shows what can happen when in the face of adversity everyone pulls together. Hopefully with a new chairman in Andy Mazey we can build upon this in a sustainable manner unlike previously which took us to the brink of not only relegation but extinction.

I have to be honest and say that frankly I have hated this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robthegasman said:

I hope to god that Oldham can recover quickly and be back in the Championship for 2019 in a strong position.

And a huge well done to the Swinton Lions for this victory and consolidation once more,this shows what can happen when in the face of adversity everyone pulls together. Hopefully with a new chairman in Andy Mazey we can build upon this in a sustainable manner unlike previously which took us to the brink of not only relegation but extinction.

I have to be honest and say that frankly I have hated this season.

Not been the best one has it.Got to say the way swinton have gone from potential extinction to saving their season has been amazing.Enjoy the moment,celebrate the win,your guys really played for each other today and indeed for the fans also.

• Like 1

Well done Swinton look forward to seeing next season

• Like 1

Fair play to Swinton today, took every chance on offer. We did indeed boss the first half and I thought at 12-6 we would turn it around and win the game. That went west rather quickly lol. Swinton fans were a credit today, showed the spirit of RL, could have took the proverbial out of Oldham fans quite easily but were compassionate and supportive of our club. Many thanks for that. Wish you all the best next season, congratulations on staying up.

• Like 3

I second what R34 has said.

My little lad was upset at full time but the Swinton fans around us all gave him a pat on the back and said chin up.

It takes away some of the relegation pain knowing that Swinton get to stay up, hope you kick on and have a good season next year.

See you in 2019.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Whitworth Yed said:

I second what R34 has said.

My little lad was upset at full time but the Swinton fans around us all gave him a pat on the back and said chin up.

It takes away some of the relegation pain knowing that Swinton get to stay up, hope you kick on and have a good season next year.

See you in 2019.

That's the beauty of rugby league, it's fans.Cheering on their team whilst showing humility to the opposition.

• Like 1

Despite the disappointment of our impending relegation I still view despite all the rivalry that all involved in the game as family.There's no other game like ours when it comes to the fans.I came to Sale rugby union yesterday for the first time and almost immediately struck up conversation with lions fans.That the thing I love about our game,I feel welcome wherever I go.Rugby league has the best fans in the world bar none!.