Sign in to follow this  
yck2017

Haven game

Bit of a dead rubber game today but if we are to be promoted we need to beat teams like Haven and Barrow have not the best record on either of them at home ,if our pack can match the Haven  6 to set the platform for our backs then we stand a chance of a result, no Robbo  so Cox will have to stand up to the plate, not running his size and weight for me so far need a good game from him today,don't understand why Fordy has left Harris at full back when Haynes is in the squad would have moved Harris back into the half's Haynes at full back and J.P. on the bench ? must have a cunning plan

come ye Kneets.

12 minutes ago, yck2017 said:

Bit of a dead rubber game today but if we are to be promoted we need to beat teams like Haven and Barrow have not the best record on either of them at home ,if our pack can match the Haven  6 to set the platform for our backs then we stand a chance of a result, no Robbo  so Cox will have to stand up to the plate, not running his size and weight for me so far need a good game from him today,don't understand why Fordy has left Harris at full back when Haynes is in the squad would have moved Harris back into the half's Haynes at full back and J.P. on the bench ? must have a cunning plan

come ye Kneets.

Quite agree, what happens away at haven in a couple of weeks time is much more important,good hard matches to finish the regular season off will be good prep for the big ones though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Lost 26-16. Take heart from that. Fancy Newcastle to get 5th

To do that they would need at least a point at the Knights, the way they have played the last couple of weeks they could do that, Doncaster's at Toronto and Keighley play away at Barrow, more than pleased with todays performance, well done Knights.

19 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

To do that they would need at least a point at the Knights, the way they have played the last couple of weeks they could do that, Doncaster's at Toronto and Keighley play away at Barrow, more than pleased with todays performance, well done Knights.

Good effort from the lads today,radio York coverage was subdued today,I guess that was down to today's match not meaning an awfull lot .

I won't be surprised if Keighley beat barrow twice in succession, we will be back at haven in 2 weeks with a much bigger squad to pick from 

York v keighley final.

Up the kneets you can do it this year.☺☺☺.

I fancy Keighley to beat barrow twice in succession,we   will travelling to haven again with a much bigger sqad to pick from .

Going for a York v Keighley final.

Up the kneets,we can do this.☺☺☺

Congratulations to Carl forster on his Award, I feel we travel to haven this weekend with high expectations,numerous players will be returning to the squad,so good luck to James and the boys just make sure you wipe the smile off   carl's face.   Up the kneets.☺☺☺.

• Like 2

York Pullman putting on transport, let's get there and cheer the lads on to the final.

Up the kneets.☺☺☺.

Any plans for stopping off watering holes on the way to and from the match? In the early days of the Knights we had some grand times meeting up when travelling away from home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

unlucky York but I have to say you had them several times in extra time but dumb play going for the try line .

Have to disagree. We could have played til Christmas and not got the dg and there were times I think we should have kept ball in hand. But that's all hindsight. Let's be proud of how far we've come and we'll  all see each other again next year. Proud to be a Knights!

• Like 3

I actually thought York played outstanding today I would take a lot of heart of today and u will go very well next year the weather ruined the last quarter of the game and the extra period  but the effort and fitness show by two part time teams to play 105 mins was a pleasure to watch all the best guys 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Haven fan,

great game for the neutral, two sides going at each other for 105mins and two sets of fans stood in the torrential rain with plenty of banter. Game could have gone either way, your lads took their chance in the end so congratulations. We left gutted and a long drive back  but so proud of our club, the players and all concerned at YCK, we had no club in December so what a brilliant season. Feel excited about next season. 

Just a note to your fans as well, banter was getting a bit close to boiling over on the open terrace at some points in the game, however at the end of the game having many of your fans coming up to us shaking hands and saying how well we had done reminded me of why I love this game, great fans today on both sides. 

Good luck next next week at Barrow. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ANDYPK said:

Haven fan,

great game for the neutral, two sides going at each other for 105mins and two sets of fans stood in the torrential rain with plenty of banter. Game could have gone either way, your lads took their chance in the end so congratulations. We left gutted and a long drive back  but so proud of our club, the players and all concerned at YCK, we had no club in December so what a brilliant season. Feel excited about next season. 

Just a note to your fans as well, banter was getting a bit close to boiling over on the open terrace at some points in the game, however at the end of the game having many of your fans coming up to us shaking hands and saying how well we had done reminded me of why I love this game, great fans today on both sides. 

Good luck next next week at Barrow. 

Fully agree, fantastic effort, roll on next season.Congratulations to haven ,2 sides put their bodies on the line today.

Thanks, Jon flatman, James Ford and all players .

Up the kneets ,☺☺☺.

• Like 1

Shame  there had to be a loser.  I would  have said the same if it had gone the other way. Only point I would make is we scored four tries to three - where oh where can we find a goalkicker? 'Haven, hope you're not too cream crackered for next week. Knights see you next season - please, please sign  us a kicker!

• Like 2