Sign in to follow this  
glemiln

Unlucky today, but safe now.

An agonising 26-22 defeat today with a 77min try to Eagles.  Well played Hornets - with some very near misses after a lightning 22-10 early lead just after ht. The turning point seemed to start after Maneely went off injured(?) after 50mins.   Still, Oldham's 29-6 defeat means that HORNETS will be travelling to Canada & France next season!   Meanwhile, celebrate our success and thanks to all for securing Championship status.  :clapping:Hopefully another fine performance (but win) at Bulls to finish off the season.  Then the rebuilding starts for what will be an even tougher Championship 2018.

Very good display today. We deserved a point at least. We were most pundits favourites to finish bottom so we have done well to stay up. Some excellent performances this year as well as the odd disappointment but I hope we can build on this season. We know the standard required and have shown that we can match many of the teams. I will miss the Bradford match so thanks to all the players and coaching staff for their efforts this year.

44 minutes ago, excolt said:

Hornets v Swinton for Blackpool bash? 

...and Toro v Tulu same day, I wonder. Do wonders for the attendance, eh?

Unlucky today. Great effort.

First away game, won at Odsal........let's do it with the last one, too. The weather will probably be similar, the way it's going.

We where unlucky today and while I think the ref did his bit to make the game hard for us to win with some terrible decisions we are staying up and that is the main thing, i do think however if we want to compeat in this league and beat teams like Batley and Dewsbury we need to invest is some better quality of players and I hope we can attract some now we are definitely up.

We need a recognised goal kicker and an " old head" in one of the key positions to steady the ship and see us over the line in these very close games. Anybody know how many more points we would have had if the game had only lasted 75 minutes instead of 80 ?

On our day we could give anybody a game but we need to learn how to see games out when we're in front late on.

I"m thrilled we stayed up but next season it will be much harder than it was this season. I can't see there being another " Bradford " to take one of the two relegation slots and I can't see Toronto being in the bottom bunch.

Lets hope the experience of this season will stand us in good stead.

It's going to be difficult...but look at Dewsbury this season. Well into it they were, seemingly, more certain to go down than Bradford.

I wish we could get more to turn out on a Sunday afternoon for a club that's done the town proud.

We've got two signings worth watching already in Massam and Yeats. Let's hope for more...and a decent slice of luck for a change.

It will be interesting how our DR works out next season with the change of coaching set-up at Wires after Tony Smith leaves.

Squad size has to be such to meet the increasing demands of the Championship allied to budgetary restraints, so an element of DR may be necessary - especially if we are faced with an injury situation as at present. 

It would be helpful to have some big, pacy and exciting players to wear the Hornets shirt and hopefully an increase in home attendances.  Certainly we need to be better at closing out games as TS remarks.

Rumours are rife on the leagues being restructured at the end of 2018.  Hopefully the RFL will reveal soon for what we need to be planning!

(Another Canadian team in League 1 within 6months apparently - http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/jeff-blair-show/wolfpacks-success-may-bring-another-canadian-squad-english-league/ )

On 11/09/2017 at 8:49 PM, glemiln said:

It will be interesting how our DR works out next season with the change of coaching set-up at Wires after Tony Smith leaves.

Squad size has to be such to meet the increasing demands of the Championship allied to budgetary restraints, so an element of DR may be necessary - especially if we are faced with an injury situation as at present. 

It would be helpful to have some big, pacy and exciting players to wear the Hornets shirt and hopefully an increase in home attendances.  Certainly we need to be better at closing out games as TS remarks.

Rumours are rife on the leagues being restructured at the end of 2018.  Hopefully the RFL will reveal soon for what we need to be planning!

(Another Canadian team in League 1 within 6months apparently - http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/jeff-blair-show/wolfpacks-success-may-bring-another-canadian-squad-english-league/ )

To be announced within six months but a long lead in before launch, probably in 2019.