NFL 2017/18 season

On 1/10/2018 at 3:56 AM, bazzzz65 said:

Next year Alabama again?

I doubt you could find a bookie who'd take your bet.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Divisional round this weekend:

I’ll predict the following:

Atlanta to beat Philadelphia 

New Orleans to beat Minnesota 

New England to beat Tennessee 

Pittsburgh to beat Jacksonville

Agree on 3 on the other I'l go Vikings

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

16 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

Agree on 3 on the other I'l go Vikings

Aye

Eagles might surprise a few, depends on whether they run well and dont turn i over. Which Foles will turn up?

Minnesota v New Orleans is an absolute belter of a game.

Unless Pittsburgh fire in attack and play man coverage v Brady (and rough him up a bit!) it's a Minnesota v New England in final at Minnesota. Woof!!

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

On 11/01/2018 at 4:43 PM, Robin Evans said:

Atlanta to beat Philly? Interesting ......

Yeah, I think a few weeks ago prior to Carson Wentz getting injured this would of been a no brainer - the Eagles looked great.

Now Atlanta seem to be putting together a run at the right time and are getting their key guys like Julio Jones fit.

Be very close I reckon, maybe just a touchdown or less in it.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

I was looking forward to tonight' games but I now have a blinding headache and a raised temp ffs.....

So as I feel utter crud I suspect I will miss both

There’s a few nasty bugs going around for sure.

49 minutes ago, Gray1967 said:

Looking foward to the Eagles game tonight.

Yes, the NFC playoffs are great this year.

I do like Tony Romo co-commentary.  He picks the plays so well.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Instant Karma.

When his team kick a field goal to go 24-23 coach of the Saints turns to the Viking fans and taunts them with the "skol clap " unfortunately there was 25 seconds left....

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/1/15/16895528/trol-karma-comes-calling-sean-payton

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

What was the Saints safety doing on that Vikings winning touchdown? Even I could have done better than that!

Was that the number 43?  I think he had a brain fart and didn't want to give a penalty and yards for a mistimed tackle.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Was that the number 43?  I think he had a brain fart and didn't want to give a penalty and yards for a mistimed tackle.  

If that was the case then it is ironic as he ended up mistiming the tackle and missed it!

What are everyone's predictions for the championship games? The Patriots will win the AFC and although I would like to see the Vikings win and play a home Super Bowl I have to go for home advantage with the Eagles.

Patriots have a fragility about them.... but I wouldn't back against them.

When it first hit our screens in the strike ridden 82 season.... John Riggins n'all that... I formed an attachment to new England. They were sheeite.... and although they got to a superbowl from a wild card spot they got thumped by Walter Payton et al.

So to see them develop into the force they now are takes some digesting.

I remember when they had to field Steve grogan at QB and everyone said he was way too old. Brady is about 8 years older?

29 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

When it first hit our screens in the strike ridden 82 season.... John Riggins n'all that... I formed an attachment to new England. They were sheeite.... and although they got to a superbowl from a wild card spot they got thumped by Walter Payton et al.

I remember when they had to field Steve grogan at QB and everyone said he was way too old. Brady is about 8 years older?

John Riggins is the man. :clapping:

He once thumbed a lift to the NFC Championship game because he’d missed the team bus after a wild night.

A real character and a rebel.

Forget which teammate said this:

”They say some people march to the beat of their own drummer.  John had an entire band.”

?

6 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

John Riggins is the man. :clapping:

He once thumbed a lift to the NFC Championship game because he’d missed the team bus after a wild night.

A real character and a rebel.

Forget which teammate said this:

”They say some people march to the beat of their own drummer.  John had an entire band.”

?

He was a big lad..... I saw an interview with him. Nearly 70 and still nuts?

17 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

A fragility? Do they?

Interestingly, they're perfectly placed as the team everyone loves to hate as the other 3 have never won a league.

You have to fancy a New England - Minnesota final.Minnesota playing it at home makes it a 50/50 game.

Day off booked - the wife took me to Bangkok to watch it last year. Aiming for a similar weekend.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

They were very shakeyat the beginnng of the season and have big misses in Julian Edleman and Dont'a Hightower.

They won some squeakers this year on the back of Brady's throwing .... games they could easily have lost. Patriots record this season should not be as good as it is.... it's testimony to their resilience that it is.

The issue is there is no other stand out. The Steelers imploded.... again.... and Rotjlesberger had a mare last weekend.

Jax have their tails up. Can they replicate what Miami did when form suggested otherwise?

Archived