15th Sept :Super 8s : Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils K.O. 8pm

Discuss the Super 8s game between Leeds Rhinos and Salford Red Devils here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Which Salford team will turn up this week?

Leeds 24 Reds 18.

Leeds are due a performance and Salford  come off a good result too.The only thing certain is the Carnegie will be full ,bring sunglasses as the sun goes down ,or if its raining wave to those on the western terrace. Leeds 28 Salford 18

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

11 hours ago, WSCR said:

Probably as many as the ticket allocation will allow in,400 standing and 14 seats.

I can believe the 14, not sure about the 400. They less than 1,500 at home last week. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

14 hours ago, RayCee said:

I can believe the 14, not sure about the 400. They less than 1,500 at home last week. 

That's the number of standing tickets made available by Leeds and I know a few who normally travel away who are giving it a miss this time.

We usually take a few hundred away to most matches.

16 hours ago, RayCee said:

The percentage of the Salford home fans who travel away would probably put them in the top 4 of Super League for away support. I'm planning to go the game and I never buy tickets in advance so I hope I don't have a problem.

Am I the only one who recognises that Salford can still make the top four but have to win their last two games?

whilst unlikely it's possible, for now at least.

for that reason I hope for a Salford win as I'd love for their stayaways to be proved wrong and learn about sticking with their team.

id also love for the new access road to aj bell to be the standalone reason for bad crowds and for it to instantly solve the problem.

i can but dream and I'm not even their fan

4 hours ago, Celtic Rooster said:

The percentage of the Salford home fans who travel away would probably put them in the top 4 of Super League for away support. I'm planning to go the game and I never buy tickets in advance so I hope I don't have a problem.

Pay on the gate for the Western Terrace was possible even at the 'Sold out' Hull game and the club are advertising the same for tomorrow night - even if the stadium map on the ticketing website indicates peril in leaving it til then.

7 hours ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Probably the same Salford fans who turn up every week. There may not be a lot but they are some of the most loyal in the league.

I'm sure you are loyal.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

5 hours ago, RayCee said:

I'm sure you are loyal.

Actually, whilst Salford have a very loyal and long standing fan base, I personally am not loyal. I started watching Salford in 1971 and had a period from the late 70's through to the early 90s where I didn't miss a game, home or away, for about 12 seasons, maybe more, but I gave up supporting them in 1999. I didn't fall out with Salford - I don't like Super League. I used to watch games as a neutral at different grounds, but I got attached to Celtic Crusaders after going to their first league game and I followed them home and away, rarely missing a game from the beginning to the end. When they moved to Wrexham I had got used to travelling to South Wales so I followed South Wales Scorpions for a season. However, I got fed up of travelling that far, so, when North Wales Crusaders were formed I followed them home and away, rarely missing a game until this season. I stopped going away because too many teams don't produce match programmes. Last week I decided to stop going to home games as well, partly because I watch amateur RL every Saturday as well and championship 1 is more amateur than amateur! I have watched Salford quite a lot this season but only because I can see, and have a drink with my son's who are season ticket holders and see old friends. I still don't like Super League. No, I don't think I could be described as loyal. I go where I enjoy myself and feel I am being entertained.

4 hours ago, Celtic Rooster said:

I stopped going away because too many teams don't produce match programmes.

:huh:

I find that reason rather astonishing if you don't mind me saying. 

Loved the rest of your post though, very interesting indeed.

33 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

Nobody saying much - was this Leeds win a non event?

Yup, I was very tempted not to head back upstairs for the second half with the much more interesting Catalans game on on the TV in the bar under the N Stand.

Leeds looked good but you sense that it was just them taking advantage of a weak performance by Salford. Still, the Burrow-to-McGuire try was one to savour one last time and the excellent pass from Cuthbertson (I think) out to Watkins that set up another one was beautiful. Apart from that, pretty ho-hum. And desperately weird with the South Stand looking like a bomb has landed on its western end.

17 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

:huh:

I find that reason rather astonishing if you don't mind me saying. 

Loved the rest of your post though, very interesting indeed.

I collect Rugby League programmes and I have about 9,000. When I go to a game I want to take home a programme as a souvenier. I read the Leeds programme tonight on the train home.  I go to my programme collection when I am bored and just pick one out and all the memories come flooding back. Clubs have only stopped printing programmes in the last 2 seasons as an economy measure - such is the woeful state of the game below Super Greed. If I go to a game and don't get a programme I don't usually go to that ground again. Oxford started it off and were followed by South Wales Scorpions. I believe Gloucester have stopped producing programmes as well, but I have also been to games at Keighley, Swinton, York and, sadly last week - North Wales Crusaders where I didn't get a programme. As for the game tonight - Leeds could have scored a few more because Salford's defending was awful and they offered very little invention going forward.

4 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

I collect Rugby League programmes and I have about 9,000. When I go to a game I want to take home a programme as a souvenier. I read the Leeds programme tonight on the train home.  I go to my programme collection when I am bored and just pick one out and all the memories come flooding back. Clubs have only stopped printing programmes in the last 2 seasons as an economy measure - such is the woeful state of the game below Super Greed. If I go to a game and don't get a programme I don't usually go to that ground again. Oxford started it off and were followed by South Wales Scorpions. I believe Gloucester have stopped producing programmes as well, but I have also been to games at Keighley, Swinton, York and, sadly last week - North Wales Crusaders where I didn't get a programme. As for the game tonight - Leeds could have scored a few more because Salford's defending was awful and they offered very little invention going forward.

All super league clubs produce a programme. ?

Archived