Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

17th Sept : Super 8s : Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers K.O. 3pm

Old Frightful    3,125

Yes, I think the Pies will take this one. I'm fairly certain that Cas were targeting this fixture to rest a few anyway so the loss of Gale will probably make that certain.

After an indifferent season in the league by their standards, Wigan must feel the RL gods might just be beginning to look after them now we're well into the business end.

Pies 26 Cas 16.

Exiled Wiganer    2,009

Indifferent = the worst run for over a century... I have no idea how we ended up here, but we will feel as sad for a depleted Cas as I am sure they felt for a depleted Wigan. 

This collection of players is very good indeed, we have  more to play for, are smarting after the rout we suffered the last time we played the, and are playing our last home game of the year. Us by 16. 

Futtocks    5,904

Does anyone know who Cas are playing in Gale's position?

Gates1    696
2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Does anyone know who Cas are playing in Gale's position?

Either Tom Holmes or Paul Mcshane.  Maybe both on Sunday (Roberts came of with a minor injury vs Leeds, in view of Gales injury it would seem sensible not to take any risk with Roberts).

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hardaker rested too - came off injured vs Leeds.

ivans82    304

Leeds sent half a team to Wigan before the cup semi , and it looks by reading the posts on here that Cas are missing a few this week end . Nobody seems to be frightened of Wigan anymore by gifting them points into a play off position..........big mistake .

Gates1    696
5 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Leeds sent half a team to Wigan before the cup semi , and it looks by reading the posts on here that Cas are missing a few this week end . Nobody seems to be frightened of Wigan anymore by gifting them points into a play off position..........big mistake .

It's not resting players as such.  It would be suicide for Cas to risk unfit players until the semi.  

Exiled Wiganer    2,009
5 hours ago, snapski said:

You're right. No one is scared of Wigan anymore.

That's good. No way that that could come back to haunt anyone. 

• Like 1

Jim Prendle    354
1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

That's good. No way that that could come back to haunt anyone. 

Especially Cas, and their team for the ages.

I don't think I've ever known the fans of a one season wonder become so arrogant, so quickly.

This will get loads of responses from the usual Cas fans, but if I had posted it in a thread with no connection to Cas, none of them would have even noticed it. 

Edited by Jim Prendle

sfmedusa    12
6 hours ago, Colly said:

I just have a feeling that Wigan might just win the whole shooting match come October.

You've got a lot more faith than me then!  I've only just stopped muttering 'please finish in the top 8, please finish in the top 8' under my breath...

• Like 1

Futtocks    5,904
34 minutes ago, DKL79 said:

I'll show my bare a**e in the Coop window, as they used to say round here,  if Wigan win the GF.

I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that DKL79 is Pippa Middleton's alias.

Somehow I doubt it, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Exiled Wiganer    2,009
34 minutes ago, DKL79 said:

I'll show my bare a**e in the Coop window, as they used to say round here,  if Wigan win the GF.

By my reckoning, if the Giants and FC win, then victory against a depleted Cas secures our spot in the 4... with a week to spare. I could see any of FC, Cas, Leeds or us winning if that's how it ends up, with no clear favourites. 

Jim Prendle    354
1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

By my reckoning, if the Giants and FC win, then victory against a depleted Cas secures our spot in the 4... with a week to spare. I could see any of FC, Cas, Leeds or us winning if that's how it ends up, with no clear favourites. 

Looks like we could see some ass here mate.

Old Frightful    3,125
6 hours ago, DKL79 said:

:ohmy:

The way things are going, I rather think you ought to make an astute investment for a rainy day in October.

https://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/12020848/images/53317.3.jpg

Even the colours are perfect, should  a bit of a humble pie full moon be necessary.

snapski    386
10 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

I don't think I've ever known the fans of a one season wonder become so arrogant, so quickly.

This will get loads of responses from the usual Cas fans, but if I had posted it in a thread with no connection to Cas, none of them would have even noticed it. 

Funny that. I never mentioned a particular side. Read it again. I'm pretty sure I wrote no one is scared of Wigan. I wasn't being big headed. The aura Wigan had meant teams were beat before they got on the field. It's no longer the case.

muckymunksy    0
11 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Ant just won it tho have they 

They are 12 points clear of anyone 

Now that takes some doing 

Will be the same story next season as well with maybe Wigan and Hull getting a bit closer 

Edited by muckymunksy