16th/17th Sept : The Kingstone Press League 1 Super 8s Match Thread

Discuss the Kingstone Press League 1 Super 8s games here :

Saturday 16th Sept :

Toronto Wolfpack v Doncaster K.O. 4.30 pm local/9.30 pm UK

Sunday 17th Sept :

Barrow Raiders v Keighley Cougars K.O. 3pm

Workington Town v Whitehaven K.O. 3pm

York City Knights v Newcastle Thunder K.O. 3pm

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The schedule has been pretty harsh on Doncaster, but they should have won last week when it was in their own hands. I don't think the Wolfpack will take it easy, they will want to finish on a high and keep the unbeaten home record.  

I can see Barrow resting a few players against Keighley which may give them a chance.

On 9/13/2017 at 11:24 AM, ojx said:

The schedule has been pretty harsh on Doncaster, but they should have won last week when it was in their own hands. I don't think the Wolfpack will take it easy, they will want to finish on a high and keep the unbeaten home record.  

I can see Barrow resting a few players against Keighley which may give them a chance.

As per Rhys Jacks interview on the Wolfinaround podcast the boys have been enjoying themselves and have been given time off from training. Also with the Canada vs. USA Colonial Cup just before TWP game it might be that some players are left out of the squad and give a chance to play for their nations. Odds are still against Doncaster but they have more to play for and it is possible that they cause a huge upset.

OUT NOW: This week's League 1 Show

The unofficial podcast dedicated to League 1 returns this week with a look back at all the results from Round 6 of the Super 8s and the League 1 Shield.

On this week's show, Ben was joined by CEO of the Toronto Wolfpack Eric Perez, to discuss winning the league and the future for the sport in Canada.

We also discuss the race for the Playoffs, as Ben talks to the Head Coaches at Doncaster, Keighley Cougars, and Newcastle Thunder.

We also have some of the post match reaction from the Whitehaven Head Coach Carl Forster, and we talk to West Yorkshire Sport's Andrew Steel on that race between Hunslet and the London Skolars to host the League 1 Shield Final.

On this week's show, Ben was also joined by Rugby League Express' Matthew Shaw.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6302630-the-league-1-show-14th-september-2017

The unofficial weekly Rugby League show dedicated to League 1 - Listen now on Audioboom or on iTunes

15 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

As per Rhys Jacks interview on the Wolfinaround podcast the boys have been enjoying themselves and have been given time off from training. Also with the Canada vs. USA Colonial Cup just before TWP game it might be that some players are left out of the squad and give a chance to play for their nations. Odds are still against Doncaster but they have more to play for and it is possible that they cause a huge upset.

Just for accuracy - the Canada /USA game is after the Wolfpack/Doncaster game with a scheduled 6:30 P.M. kickoff.

Keighley

Toronto, Barrow, Whitehaven and York.

I believe the York vs Newcastle game is the one with the most potential to be a nail biter.  Haven is to strong for Workington although I admire the effort I perceive both are making to improve.  Both have some players on loan do they not?

I think Perez mentioned that every team that has lost to TWP has won the next week, and I really cannot see Keighley defeating Barrow.  The latter escaped Toronto I believe with no major injuries and has an intact squad to field against Keighley.

20 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

I hope TWP is on Freeview again tonight?  I should have better Saturday evening things to do but the Last two Pack matches have been good TV.

The live game is Premier Sports only, with a Freesports replay early tomorrow morning at 2am, then at 10:30am on Monday and 8:35am on Tuesday.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

Thanks.  That is a shame.  

Premier Sports have to retain some exclusive paid content, and tonight's Freesports schedule is all taken up with MMA events. So, commercially, I can understand the decision.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived