16th/17th Sept : The Kingstone Press Championship Shield Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Kingstone Press Championship Shield games here.

Saturday 16th Sept :

Toulouse Olympique v Swinton Lions K.O. 6pm Local/5pm UK

Sunday 17th Sept :

Batley Bulldogs v Sheffield Eagles K.O. 3pm

Bradford Bulls v Rochdale Hornets K.O. 3pm

Oldham v Dewsbury Rams : K.O. 3pm

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Is anyone even remotely interested in these games now?

Sheffield's record against Batley this season is two losses with a net deficit of more than 100 points. Can't see that chnaging this week or next.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Cracking entertainment.

About 100 Swinton fans in great voice who went with the players to the local bars after the game, great ambiance which is good to see.

Don't know how to sum up the game really. Toulouse rested big players plus Stan Robin has an injury but the replacements did ok when Ford was on the pitch. He got a yellow on 57 minutes and didn't come back which let the Lions in for a load of points which made the contest more exciting.

Swinton threw the ball about and just went for it, they looked a slick side orchestrated by Woods and White but not a bad performance on the pitch.

Archived