2018 Squad and signings.

roughyed1064

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Performed well for us,don't understand your bitterness towards the players in the last couple of posts 1064. Tyson is a good player,yes he needs to curb the hot headed reaction to certain situations. We were a stronger side by far when George played. Takes some stopping and tough defensively too. Ask most Championship sides fans, he might be the pantomime villain but they would have him in their side for sure.

I wasn't a big fan of Tyson during his first spell at the club and felt he was a bit overrated because he was a bit of a cult hero.

However this year he has been fantastic all year really aside from the suspensions. Even on one leg he was superb at the end of the season.  Dont think he's ready for super league but with another year in the championship he wouldn't be far away.

For the rest of the squad they'd have to be crazy not to stay in the championship if they have an offer. We've been very fortunate to keep the likes of wardy and Langers for the last 5+ years and you cant blame them for moving on if the end up doing so.

Teams like us are where we are in the food chain. I got used to seeing the Hornets " Player Of The Season " move on every year. I don't blame the players, it's a short career and at our level they earn every penny. How much would I want to even put a toe over the white line ? Plus all the training and disruption to your home life that goes with it. I shake their hand and wish them all the best for the future now.

Life's too short for bitterness in this respect.

As people have said previously we will see people leave and I would be amazed if Tyson is with us come the start of the season.

My worry is, if Warrington etc are sniffing around then hopefully we can command a decent fee (is he still under contract?) but what happens to that money?  Will it be re-invested in the squad or disappear somewhere? 

bully4us 1 hr ago

I am only going on what I have been told and heard from people who really should know. If I am wrong I will hold my hands up as well as being shocked but I genuinely do not expect us to go down.
If Catalan get relegated next Saturday there will then be 5 clubs who will not bring more than a bus load to home matches - Cats, Toronto, Toulouse, London and possibly Barrow. 11 home games and only 6 of them with any away support. This is why the championship chairmen are complaining to the RFL that also losing Bradfords 1000+ away supporters plus HKRs will hit them badly. One chairman stated that he was looking at a 60k to 80k drop in revenue with the Bulls and HKR leaving and being replaced by clubs with no support. He said he didn't know where he could find that extra income.
That is why I think there is a good chance the league will go to 14 clubs - two up and nobody down.
I hope I am right. If not, then we will have a few more different grounds to visit.

From the Bradford Telegraph and Argos

Borrowed from the Rochdale Hornets Forum.

Guess I kind of agree.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Batley have signed ward. Is he any good. 

Would love to sign Tyson too. A bit hot headed but I was impressed by how he stayed on whilst playing with one leg against us. 

Hope you bounce back up next year. 

"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

9 minutes ago, London Dick said:

Batley have signed ward. Is he any good. 

Would love to sign Tyson too. A bit hot headed but I was impressed by how he stayed on whilst playing with one leg against us. 

Hope you bounce back up next year. 

Gutted, my favourite player gone. You've an awesome player there. Give him back ?

Great impact player is Wardy, hope he goes well for Batley. Can't blame the lad for going. Thanks for the memories and service Wardy.Big loss for us and I suspect it's not the last time I will be saying thanks and good luck to players who have done well for us.

Just now, roughyed34 said:

Great impact player is Wardy, hope he goes well for Batley. Can't blame the lad for going. Thanks for the memories and service Wardy.Big loss for us and I suspect it's not the last time I will be saying thanks and good luck to players who have done well for us.

Think that has just spoilt my day mate

Aye Howard,sad really to see the break up of the lads. Inevitable really under the circumstances. Ah well, que sera sera.

Hopefully on the back of this, it would be good if CH could release a signing/resigning of our own.Preferably through our own social media instead of getting info off other clubs.?

Best lines in the Nealo piece

"“A few of the lads got together and decided we wanted to stick with each other — and stick with Oldham,” revealed prop-forward Neal"

“I’m sure others will sign soon and that fans will see a few familiar faces back at the club in pursuit of our target to get back up to the Championship as quickly as we can.”

That's what we love to hear from players, that they are committed to the team and supporters. Great stuff.

Archived