Sign in to follow this  
vic

derby game

9 minutes ago, Derwent said:

On another note, I hope that after the final whistle today the Town faithful show their appreciation to Craig Calvert and Scott McAvoy who are playing their final Derby match. I know they've played their career in the wrong colour shirts but they have been fantastic servants to the local game and I wish them well for the future.

👏👏 couldn't agree more marra

• Like 1

Whatever the result today we should all give our appreciation to the Board of Directors and Players for sticking with the Club in what as been a very difficult season . We all can go on a bit on this forum but as the season ends ( and some will say thank God) , i can assure you in a months time Sundays will be dull and boring and i will long for the season to start again . No matter what goes on we would all miss our Sunday rugby if it wasn`t there . UP THE TOWN . 

• Like 1

I along with many others have given Calvert some terrible stick over the years much of it his own making, but it was all good fun and I for one will applaud him today if he comes over to the popular side. I just hope him and Newton score hat tricks. :scare:

1 minute ago, unicorn106 said:

I along with many others have given Calvert some terrible stick over the years much of it his own making, but it was all good fun and I for one will applaud him today if he comes over to the popular side. I just hope him and Newton score hat tricks. :scare:

Seriously though you have to applaud players like Calvert who stuck with one club through thick and thin, I'm sure at his peak he would have had better offers from elsewhere.

Ritson

Hambley

Rasool

Mossop

Fell

Forber

Howarth

Coward

Prior

Scholey

Moore

Maudling

Fitzsimmons

Subs - Rooke, Mewse, Lister, Byrne

3 wingers on the bench, great stuff....

15 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Ritson

Hambley

Rasool

Mossop

Fell

Forber

Howarth

Coward

Prior

Scholey

Moore

Maudling

Fitzsimmons

Subs - Rooke, Mewse, Lister, Byrne

3 wingers on the bench, great stuff....

The pack are going to have to play the full 80 minutes at this rate. No Curwen or Doran and 4backs on the bench! Jeez:-S 

This is really embarrassing.  There is one thing where players lose but have put the effort in but there doesn't seem to be any fight in the Town team at all.  I haven't joined the debate about our coach but I have to say that today should be final straw for him.  All season we have put up with many substitutions that have baffled us but today we have put out probably the only 17 we have left.  I can't wait to hear our coach's comments after the match!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Indeed I think we are all very interested in what happens / is explained next 

Edited by DavidM

Embarrassing would be a compliment. Shockingly woeful is how I would describe that. And to think the only reason that 17 was so weak is because of that clown of a coach. 

Every point against us today would be worth it to see that man walk.

I'll criticise our quality but I rarely go near our commitment , but for the first time it looked like for the last hour there wasn't any . To ship a point a minute is a disgrace . It tells us how far we've fallen that the same blokes we turned over time n time and seemed clueless looked like Brisbane Broncos coming at us there . To just run at  the line and score is unacceptable  at pro level . And in a derby match where local pride if nothing else  is at stake 

Edited by DavidM

Gents.....stop being so negative. He can start the rebuild next year don't you think. 

We wanted rid some time ago but he is still here.

hopefully no longer will we have to suffer this ###### anymore.  All the best for the future mr Clarke. 

Just came away from DP having suffered a 50 point defeat against our nearest and dearest and I don't feel gutted.....WTF ? Credit to the Town faithful who stayed to the very end and were still getting behind the team.

• Like 2

all credit to Whitehaven I'm afraid... out classed us easily. They are a good team !! 

I can't see anything being any different for Town next year. The club have no money for new better players. 

We really missed Callum and Doran today. There seemed a handful of players today that tried but as a team it doesn't work. Too small a pack. 

Nice to see see some former players walk on the pitch at half time... wish some had put a town shirt on for us and played second half. 

Clarks radio interview was as pointless as ever. 

Hopefully the jampots have done us a favour. GET OUT OF OUR CLUB CLARKE!!!!!!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Edited by town4me
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be too disheartened by today u have some real good players young ritson is class he saved three trys today and I like maudling if u get some size in the pack u would be ok I think everyone goes through bad patches non more than haven it will come good 

• Like 1