Sign in to follow this  
Hvy wg

Thomas Bosc retires.

Padge    2,302

Great player, all the best to him for whatever he has lined up for the future.

Scubby    5,041

That is a real shame, he deserve to go out on a high.

He scored one of my favourite tries in the SL era with a double chip over the top (maybe against London)? Would love to see it again but can't find it.

Always fair and reliable and in his prime one of the best halves France have produced.

• Like 1

Hvy wg    1,318

Perfect utility player. Started at wing, switched at 6, fullback, hooker, loose forward and filled the gaps at centre!

It was also his demise. He was never used as a real 6.

Futtocks    5,867

Sad that such a proud ambassador for the French game bows out at the end of such a shameful season for his club.

Southerner80    126
7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Sad that such a proud ambassador for the French game bows out at the end of such a shameful season for his club.

Agreed. Bosc was a Great player. It's been a bad year for Catalans. Hopefully he can be part of the recovery in terms of coaching. 

10 hours ago, Scubby said:

He scored one of my favourite tries in the SL era with a double chip over the top (maybe against London)? Would love to see it again but can't find it.

Always fair and reliable and in his prime one of the best halves France have produced.

Absolutely agree, Scubby.  My favourite SL try of all time.

Hvy wg    1,318
11 hours ago, Scubby said:

Well my friends you are quite lucky!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Merci beaucoup, hvy wg!

• Like 1

Scubby    5,041
36 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Many thanks Hvy Wg. This try in itself highlights what a top class operator he was in his prime. One of my favourite French players I have seen.

I would still take him to the World Cup this year. His experience will be invaluable - even from the bench. Maybe he fancies a swansong?

Edited by Scubby

Hvy wg    1,318
20 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Many thanks Hvy Wg. This try in itself highlights what a top class operator he was in his prime. One of my favourite French players I have seen.

I would still take him to the World Cup this year. His experience will be invaluable - even from the bench. Maybe he fancies a swansong?

You're welcome mate.

I guess he does fancy a swansong but he said himself that he had times this year where he couldn't get up in the morning due to injuries. He played 10 games with his hernia and neurological symptoms running down his leg so I guess he won't be up for the World Cup...

gogledd    671

What a great player he has been for Catalan Dragons. I hope he has a long and happy retirement. Thank you Tomas

Tongs ya bas    619

What a fine player and sportsman. I have always enjoyed his performances. I hope he finds a role in rugby league in the future. Thanks Thomas

Just Browny    2,547

A favourite player of mine and a very classy one. 

How funny it is to watch that video and see the Catalan team playing innovative rugby and visibly enjoying it. These days they look like a bunch of blokes on death row even when they are winning.

• Like 1

Scubby    5,041
3 hours ago, Just Browny said:

A favourite player of mine and a very classy one. 

How funny it is to watch that video and see the Catalan team playing innovative rugby and visibly enjoying it. These days they look like a bunch of blokes on death row even when they are winning.

The days when Saturday games in Perpignan were actually enjoyable. It's like a different world.