Sign in to follow this  
Batley Bob

New heritage website

Not too impressed with it as yet and it's done by Buffalo same as the main website, so I will hold my breath.

I shall keep my eyes on it.

thought it were me rog,, all i get is submit  this and submit that,  lol.  events page looks good thou,says its going to be wonderfull/  when they have some..

4 hours ago, RogerT said:

Not too impressed with it as yet and it's done by Buffalo same as the main website, so I will hold my breath.

I shall keep my eyes on it.

Think of it as that old box in the loft where your old Auntie holds all the family photos in (am l revealing too much of my family history here?) It is meant to be contributed to by everyone with an interest in our club. Every time you revisit, it should have more items in it, some of which will be of interest, some not!! It is not to be a complete archive from the beginning!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Think of it as that old box in the loft where your old Auntie holds all the family photos in (am l revealing too much of my family history here?) It is meant to be contributed to by everyone with an interest in our club. Every time you revisit, it should have more items in it, some of which will be of interest, some not!! It is not to be a complete archive from the beginning!

so how do we see whats in the site dd after 6 months, i love some a that old black and white stuff,or is it a work in progress and we have to wait for the finished article.i reckon bb will have a lot in his loft..:sclerosis:

• Like 1

Hi DD and silverback, yes I understand it that way and yes I will be revisiting again and again, just not too impressed yet due to this being launched a few months ago and only just surfacing.

I have nothing at all to contribute no photo's, stories that I not already told.

In the end it's a move in the right direction.

there are other things that Kevin would like to get moving but needs volunteers to do it.

Without wishing to be pedantic, I'm not sure that one piece of information on the site is accurate. Paul Harrison is listed as the club's 'record try-scoring forward'. However, during his initial spell at the club he played exclusively at centre. Have the tries he scored during his time as a three quarter been included in his try tally as a forward? 

2 hours ago, Tony F said:

Without wishing to be pedantic, I'm not sure that one piece of information on the site is accurate. Paul Harrison is listed as the club's 'record try-scoring forward'. However, during his initial spell at the club he played exclusively at centre. Have the tries he scored during his time as a three quarter been included in his try tally as a forward? 

Would agree TonyF. When we at BISSA were getting info regards the painting ,he confirmed he wasn't the record try scoring forward as some of the tries were scored from centre position.So that info on the new site is incorrect.

On 15/09/2017 at 8:46 PM, colinb said:

On 15/09/2017 at 6:40 PM, Tony F said:

Would agree TonyF. When we at BISSA were getting info regards the painting ,he confirmed he wasn't the record try scoring forward as some of the tries were scored from centre position.So that info on the new site is incorrect.

All pretty confusing really, because in this history of the club written by Paul Harrison for the BBC website in 2011, he does in fact claim to be Batley's top try-scoring forward....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/domesday/dblock/GB-424000-423000/page/21

The official club website also gives Paul as Batley's top try-scoring forward.

http://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/history/

Clarification from the club on whether or not Paul is top try-scoring forward would be great, and if he isn't, who then does actually hold the record?

1 hour ago, msub2175 said:

All pretty confusing really, because in this history of the club written by Paul Harrison for the BBC website in 2011, he does in fact claim to be Batley's top try-scoring forward....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/domesday/dblock/GB-424000-423000/page/21

The official club website also gives Paul as Batley's top try-scoring forward.

http://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/history/

Clarification from the club on whether or not Paul is top try-scoring forward would be great, and if he isn't, who then does actually hold the record?

When the records were bring compiled as to who would be acknowledged on the painting,  Paul Harrison was amongst those ,but Paul himself commented that some of his tries were from the centre positon and he was unsure it should be acknowledged.  Wonder if Laurie Gailey records will shed any light on this. Will get in touch with Andrew Grailey .

Surely something interesting to savour from the 1994 promotion tie with Doncaster or our Wigan game with a very thunderous attendance

Paul Geary may be top try scoring forward......I'll ask his missus next time I see her in Cleck. Tank Walker was record try scored for a prop onbthe entire game for quite a long time.