I really like it, reminds me of the 1985 'savoy tires' shirt. It was live launched last night at the 'party on the pitch' and I have to say the commercial department at the club did a great job with the launch. Everything at the club seems slicker and more professional than it ever has done before. Relegation was a slap in the face. But the club as a whole from the fans through to the players and staff used it as an opportunity to galvanise around. Not sure I'd want to repeat the experience in a hurry, but I would tentatively suggest it did us a power of good. 

• Like 4

I’ve heard that Wakefield’s 2018 kit will be a play on this one from late 70s and early in the 80s

EBA41F1D-0E5E-4CA1-ABB1-A4D0653521EC.jpeg

Edited by OMEGA
  • Like 1

North Wales Crusaders 2018 - home shirt

Cru 2018.png

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

New away shirt for Cas, very classy

Best Cas shirt I've seen in a while.  Decent time to launch it too, plenty of earlier sales.

Hope the home one follows a similar design  (with reversed colours obviously).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Carney looks ginormous and well scary

Looks like he's trying for a poo!

4 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Love the classic kits.

How come the old classic kits are so much better than the new ones?  Football clubs have gone back to more traditional kits and branding without the "craziness" of some of the designs in the 1980s. Maybe time for RL to follow suit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ojx said:

How come the old classic kits are so much better than the new ones?  Football clubs have gone back to more traditional kits and branding without the "craziness" of some of the designs in the 1980s. Maybe time for RL to follow suit.

I think professional sports clubs are caught in a quandary between mixing it up kit wise to encourage people to buy one each year versus having an instantly recognisable ‘brand’ so keeping certain traditional themes and colour schemes.

I guess when I grew up there were more radical designs, but I’ve always preferred the classic kits of yesteryear.

What year did the first sponsorship name/logo appear on a British RL club's shirt?