2018 Kits

New Kr

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a bunch of drips to me....

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

I really like it, reminds me of the 1985 'savoy tires' shirt. It was live launched last night at the 'party on the pitch' and I have to say the commercial department at the club did a great job with the launch. Everything at the club seems slicker and more professional than it ever has done before. Relegation was a slap in the face. But the club as a whole from the fans through to the players and staff used it as an opportunity to galvanise around. Not sure I'd want to repeat the experience in a hurry, but I would tentatively suggest it did us a power of good. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

New away shirt for Cas, very classy

Best Cas shirt I've seen in a while.  Decent time to launch it too, plenty of earlier sales.

Hope the home one follows a similar design  (with reversed colours obviously).

4 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Love the classic kits.

How come the old classic kits are so much better than the new ones?  Football clubs have gone back to more traditional kits and branding without the "craziness" of some of the designs in the 1980s. Maybe time for RL to follow suit.

7 hours ago, ojx said:

How come the old classic kits are so much better than the new ones?  Football clubs have gone back to more traditional kits and branding without the "craziness" of some of the designs in the 1980s. Maybe time for RL to follow suit.

I think professional sports clubs are caught in a quandary between mixing it up kit wise to encourage people to buy one each year versus having an instantly recognisable ‘brand’ so keeping certain traditional themes and colour schemes.

I guess when I grew up there were more radical designs, but I’ve always preferred the classic kits of yesteryear.

What year did the first sponsorship name/logo appear on a British RL club's shirt?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saw a new ad in Facebook recently for some vintage internationsl RL jerseys. Lots of patintial here if produced well.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived