Sign in to follow this  
foggieraider13

EGM

It does appear (if the rumours flying around are true) that there are major financial issues at the club. With hopefully 2 big home matches over the next 2 weeks imagine difference it would make if everyone who normally goes to the games could take 1 extra/new supporter with them. 

If not already taken I will offer to sponsor the match ball.

• Like 2

there was a small article in the RL press regarding possible potential investors interested in the club ???? Anyone know any more on this?

What article was that morty and when is this EGM?

Cheers SJD. After the final, hopefully. I refuse to believe the rumours, but, if we are struggling a bit can anybody be surprised after the debacle of a season the RL foisted on us. Nothing to do with the board, just sheer incompetence/lack of interest from Red hall.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2017 at 9:56 PM, foggieraider13 said:

It does appear (if the rumours flying around are true) that there are major financial issues at the club. With hopefully 2 big home matches over the next 2 weeks imagine difference it would make if everyone who normally goes to the games could take 1 extra/new supporter with them. 

If not already taken I will offer to sponsor the match ball.

Many thanks for this. Could you get into the shop and make payment for this asap. 

The matchball sponsorship include a meal for 2 ppl in the boardroom before the game. This starts at 1.15pm. 

Any problems call the shop on 824454 or me on 07710417827

thanks

pete

We'll have to take a mate as the gate is split. Fair enough. COYR.

• Like 1

It is 7pm.

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the above named Company will be held at The Raiders Bar on the Wednesday 4th October 2017 at 7.00 p.m. to discuss the following –

I take it only the main gate will be open to get in the ground for tonights meeting ? Mines a pint of guiness please :-)

44 minutes ago, morty said:

I take it only the main gate will be open to get in the ground for tonights meeting ? Mines a pint of guiness please :-)

I would think it would be the doors into the Raiders bar on Clive St?

4 minutes ago, Sempur said:

I would think it would be the doors into the Raiders bar on Clive St?

cheers mate

Nothing really bad, in short we had some short term debts building up mid season and the picture wasn't looking too rosy. We had to borrow around £60k short term, we now have paid off around half of this and are hoping to pay the rest off over the next few months. 

We are looking at some other ways of raising additional income over the coming season and ideas of how to raise still more are welcome.

I get the feeling that it would have been a very different meeting had we not won on Sunday.

That was my condensed opinion of the meeting.

Regards Penno

This is what i got sent about last night.

Got 12k prize money for sunday, Haven got 10k tho
 Made 35k in cup run                     Blackpool cost us money
Debts not bad. Need to average 1200 fans next year to stay afloat, 2 haven guys close to joining, italian international signed.

What I heard on the Blackpool trip was that it cost us £2k to play but we did win the prize money which was more than costs, but the exact figure for the prize money was available last night. At least that is how I heard it.

Regards Penno

47 minutes ago, Penno said:

What I heard on the Blackpool trip was that it cost us £2k to play but we did win the prize money which was more than costs, but the exact figure for the prize money was available last night. At least that is how I heard it.

Regards Penno

I thought that myself when i got told it cost us, i knew we paid to enter but obviously with winning it should have made a little bit of profit atleast. Heard a rumour that the ipro cup has been scrapped for next season, shame if it has with the structure of the challenge cup making it nearly impossible for a league 1 team to get a big cup day. 

The overall financial position has never been good for a lot of years and when I was financial director some directors made substantial loans and 3 properties owned by the company were sold. This was very serious at the time but it's all history now and happened over 15 years ago.

Last night it was mentioned that we have not had a Financial Director for quite some time but hopefully one will be appointed soon. I'm sure the financial situation will improve by the start of the 2018 season with careful budgeting and general pruning of expenditure.

As was mentioned last night we obviously don't know how many games will be played or the level of Craven Park gates,

Here's hoping.

Hi guys, thanks for all the posts and info so, can we summarise?

We are £30000 in debt which we hope to pay off shortly?

We actually made money, overall,  on the IPRO cup win?

I know the IPRO cup has been scrapped.

In my estimation, if we got £12000 prize money for Sunday plus again in my estimate, with splitting the gate (with an estimation of~£11 per paying person, as the club have said in the past) and profits from refreshments, raffles, etc, we should of cleared about £17000, making a profit of approx £29000 on this game?

We still don't know how many games we will be playing next year?

All questions garnered from above comments except my assumptions on the Whitehaven game? Are these questions valid or can someone tell me why not and why? Bit difficult to get a true picture here and sorry I couldn't make the meeting.