Sign in to follow this  
BBR

Catalan v Widnes

According to sky sports website this fixture is not being shown live. Surely an error given that all other Catalan home games have been on. Given how much rides on this game, would have thought it would be a decent watch for viewing figures too, especially if the wakey v Wigan game is a dead rubber

when saints beat salford on thursday the wigan v wakefield game will be a dead rubber as the top four will be settled 

1 hour ago, Viking Warrior said:

when saints beat salford on thursday the wigan v wakefield game will be a dead rubber as the top four will be settled 

When Cas beat Hull , Wigan can sill finish 4th with a win .

27 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

No chance of Catalan winning. Widnes by 20-30 points.

How so? It's in France and a key game...despite missing alot of players I see this one being very close and Cats just getting the win.

21 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

How so? It's in France and a key game...despite missing alot of players I see this one being very close and Cats just getting the win.

Have you seen Catalan play since McNamara took over? I see no chance of them winning this game or beating Leigh, or even getting close in either match TBH. Cakewalk for Widnes in this one.

• Thanks 1

Why are all four games not being played at the same time? This happens in all the football leagues and the union leagues. Then there are no allegations of collusion with teams who play at a different time.

23 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Have you seen Catalan play since McNamara took over? I see no chance of them winning this game or beating Leigh, or even getting close in either match TBH. Cakewalk for Widnes in this one.

Strange as it may seem, Catalans are up to 50% success v 33% under LF.  Drew last time out.  I've seen no bookies odds on the game published yet, so not so cut and dried.

I think Cats will win too; not sure why but I expected the likes of Walsh and Inu to actually turn up to support the likes of Bousquet for this game. Cats by 10.

6 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Strange as it may seem, Catalans are up to 50% success v 33% under LF.  Drew last time out.  I've seen no bookies odds on the game published yet, so not so cut and dried.

Shame most of those games were against championship teams. As much as I'd love Cats to win is have to go for Widnes. 

3 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Shame most of those games were against championship teams. As much as I'd love Cats to win is have to go for Widnes. 

Winning is a habit they aren't used to!  I think Widnes beat them by a couple of tries at their place then a draw at the GB.  

The game will be won, dependant on two things imo.  1. Down the middle.  Widnes have some decent forwards but that might play straight into the Cats hands, with Bird being back.  Mellor is quick, but who, in Cats, can shut him down?  They're all as fast as I am now!  2. Good kicking game - Lloyd White will probably be out.  Could be Walshes day.

Reasonably sunny in Perpignan, 24/25 degrees over the weekend.  Intriguing match, and I don't think it's so clear cut.  Will be interesting to see how the money's going on.

On 9/18/2017 at 8:22 AM, BBR said:

According to sky sports website this fixture is not being shown live. Surely an error given that all other Catalan home games have been on. Given how much rides on this game, would have thought it would be a decent watch for viewing figures too, especially if the wakey v Wigan game is a dead rubber

Dead rubber? Surely not. We don't have them any more.

I wonder whether Catalan can summon up a glimmer of passion for this vital game.

40 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I think Cats will win too; not sure why but I expected the likes of Walsh and Inu to actually turn up to support the likes of Bousquet for this game. Cats by 10.

That's my thinking. Alot of the Anzacs will raise their game here And that will be enough to come up win the win by 4 point's. 

Just to throw a question/thought into the equation, as someone mentioned have we seen Cats perform under Steve Mac, well I don't know but it looks to me that the player's are not interested in playing for him such has their performances have appeared, now I may be being a little callous in this situation but would relegation not make their contracts null and void thus releasing them?

Anyway, any win for Widnes will do by any number of points, or a big margin win for the Cats will do, providing Leigh beat London and handsomely they could secure a home tie in the MPG against either.

4 minutes ago, GaryO said:

Just to throw a question/thought into the equation, as someone mentioned have we seen Cats perform under Steve Mac, well I don't know but it looks to me that the player's are not interested in playing for him such has their performances have appeared, now I may be being a little callous in this situation but would relegation not make their contracts null and void thus releasing them?

Anyway, any win for Widnes will do by any number of points, or a big margin win for the Cats will do, providing Leigh beat London and handsomely they could secure a home tie in the MPG against either.

More to it than the coach Gary.

Just depends what written in their contracts, same as any other.

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

More to it than the coach Gary.

Just depends what written in their contracts, same as any other.

I appreciate that LD, but I would imagine that most players worthy of SL selection would have a relegation clause inserted, if not them personally then certainly their agents would/should be insisting.

On the other hand, l may be way off the mark. 

11 minutes ago, GaryO said:

I appreciate that LD, but I would imagine that most players worthy of SL selection would have a relegation clause inserted, if not them personally then certainly their agents would/should be insisting.

On the other hand, l may be way off the mark. 

We don't know.  Some agents have scruples, some not so.  Bird signed a big contract for 4 years, last year.  He's 34 in February, with 3 to go.  

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Winning is a habit they aren't used to!  I think Widnes beat them by a couple of tries at their place then a draw at the GB.  

The game will be won, dependant on two things imo.  1. Down the middle.  Widnes have some decent forwards but that might play straight into the Cats hands, with Bird being back.  Mellor is quick, but who, in Cats, can shut him down?  They're all as fast as I am now!  2. Good kicking game - Lloyd White will probably be out.  Could be Walshes day.

Reasonably sunny in Perpignan, 24/25 degrees over the weekend.  Intriguing match, and I don't think it's so clear cut.  Will be interesting to see how the money's going on.

Bird isnt back until they play us 

2 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

this is what I'm worried about too.....