Irish Saint

No sponsor on Australian shirt?

Okay with the World Cup on the horizon although I wont  be supporting them I am looking for an Australian shirt.  I notice the training and replica shirts have no sponsors name on them. In last years four nations Australia were also bereft of a sponsor.

Are Australia not being sponsored? If not I'll make do with the training shirt.

39578.jpg

Thanks for that Graham i was just going to get the above at £35.

FWIW IMO absence of a sponsor these days shows no-one is interested even the allegedly terminally ill wallabies are sponsored.

Edited by Irish Saint

Maybe a sign of age Irish Saint, but I grow increasingly reticent to advertise companies and organisations on my person. If they actually paid me to it might be a different matter. Until then I'd rather it was a clean, attractive unspoiled design.

• Like 2

I'm with you on this, Graham. I can't stand advertisement in any form and I refuse to be a walking billboard. Replicas should be without the sponsors logo, which tend to be bigger and more disruptive with each passing year.

I do like the design and colors of the 2nd jersey.

• Like 1

Agree completely. If I'm the one doing the advertising then why am I paying for the shirt?

• Like 1

You may prefer this top then:

59c2394e393a9_IrishSaintTop.jpg.4aa7e6b5c6b1d9b58267dd9ea5ebad8b.jpg

Still plenty of room for more advertising, logos etc :O

Edited by Graham

Now now Graham remember this is Rugby League it should be a local sponsor that means nothing to the rest of the world.

Only the Warriors with Vodafone, Cowboys with Toyota and Broncos with Ladbrokes ring a bell.

Good old Joe Jordan in his A C Milan days.

I see I am not going to sway anyone's opinion however like it or not probably every other team will be sponsored check out the international  thread even the PNG ladies team have a sponsor.

I wonder if any of this is to do because Sydney didn't bid for the competition.

Get one of these then. It'll be a great conversation starter. People will say, "Love your shirt, who is it?" then they'll say, "Wow, I didn't even know PNG had a women's team."

21557684_699710873560233_455002766661768

Just found this one too. Glenmore Park (Penrith area) Brumbies in NSWWRL

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

It looks like one of the trainers / coaches ate both Sam Kasiano and Greg Eastwood before the photo shoot... And he was probably saving George Rose for desserts.

Maybe just me, but I don't like sponsors on international shirts. What happened to Gillette btw? Why don't they sponsor England anymore? 

They sponsored England for 12 years. I'm guessing they thought they'd had all the benefits they would get from such a link up and decided that was it.

I wonder who sponsors them now...england-world-cup-replica-jersey-2017-p2451-15425_medium.jpg.ea7eb8976a6c45d0a2bc59cf715493b3.jpg