Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

21st Sept : Super 8s : Salford Red Devils v St Helens K.O. 8pm Sky TV

I've never begged before, but I am begging now. Please, Salford! Please beat Saints tomorrow. :clapping:

• Like 3

A good tight game would be good enough for me and the re-branding idea is hit on the head by Blease and Koukash after the match once and for all.  Koukash may be losing money now, but he'll lose even more if he moves the Club to Manchester.

18 minutes ago, John Boriston said:

A good tight game would be good enough for me and the re-branding idea is hit on the head by Blease and Koukash after the match once and for all.  Koukash may be losing money now, but he'll lose even more if he moves the Club to Manchester.

Will he leave Salford entirely and start a NA franchise in 2019?

Don't know all the details but they had a stellar year in SL, good run in CC and yet they have extremely low attendance.  Seems to me he takes that personally so the prospect of having 2 to 3 times the crowds at league 1 level might  make him try his luck at a new franchise from the ground up. he had nothing but praise for Perez and the Wolfpack when we played in the CC.

Time will tell.

Edited by Krzzystuff

Salford have nothing to play for so i expect the saints to take it with a handsome points differential. 60-10 perhaps?

1 hour ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

I'll be placing a substantial bet on Saints to win.  That should do the trick. ;)

For the good of the game I shall do the same. Saints don't stand a chance now. 

A Salford win would be fantastic. Not only does it mean I can go to Cas on Friday and just enjoy the game without having to be too concerned about the result. But it also keeps Wakefield's hopes alive, and I would love to see them slip into 4th.

I can't see it though. Maybe there's a scenario where, after looking very unlikely to make it for weeks, Saints might get a bit tight now that it's all in their own hands. And if Salford have the attitude that there is nothing to lose and they just want to put on one more show and finish the year in style, then who knows? But I would expect Saints by 20+.

Wakey fan here.

Im praying for a Salford win tomorrow. Really hope they can come up with the goods and sign off their season with a win and prolong ours till Saturday and possibly giving my club a good shot at silverware. What a dream that would be. 

Selfish maybe but come on Salford!

2 minutes ago, John Boriston said:

Salford have tweeted that Koukash is to make a major announcement at 6.30 tonight.

Hopefully it will be positive.

He's taking part in the Montreal or NY Franchise and he flying is horses out with him.

Mike drop!!!

Koukash announced that the name will remain the same for next season and a new crest will be unveiled soon. I hope this gives the team as much of a boost as it will the fans. If just one result is to go my way in the whole of this weekend I hope it's this one. When it comes to SL I have just 2 wishes - Salford win and St. Helens lose. I can't see St. Helens blowing it but I will be a very, very happy man if Salford win this one.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Koukash announced that the name will remain the same for next season and a new crest will be unveiled soon. I hope this gives the team as much of a boost as it will the fans. If just one result is to go my way in the whole of this weekend I hope it's this one. When it comes to SL I have just 2 wishes - Salford win and St. Helens lose. I can't see St. Helens blowing it but I will be a very, very happy man if Salford win this one.

Me too! Deliriously so!

Hope to get back from Birmingham in time to get to the game,  can't see anything but a Saints win. Glad the rebranding is now just  a stupid idea.

I'm just hoping Salford fans turn up to watch in decent numbers! Maybe MK plans to uplift the team and take it across the Atlantic in 2019. The NY Red Devils has a ring to it.  

Please, please, please,,please please, please, please, please, please, please,please please, please, please, please, please, please,please please, please, please, please, please, please,please please, please, please, please, PLEASE, a Salford WIN!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RayCee said:

I'm just hoping Salford fans turn up to watch in decent numbers!

Lets just stick to keeping the positive vibes for the match result.  The chance of a Salford victory is pretty slim but still more likely than a sudden upturn in Salford support.

2 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Lets just stick to keeping the positive vibes for the match result.  The chance of a Salford victory is pretty slim but still more likely than a sudden upturn in Salford support.

I was being positive, at least it was an optimistic desire. Clearly you see it as a negative. Positives vibes. I really am hoping they turn up in numbers for the last game.

Edited by RayCee

2 hours ago, RayCee said:

I was being positive, at least it was an optimistic desire. Clearly you see it as a negative. Positives vibes. I really am hoping they turn up in numbers for the last game.

I really meant the input of positive vibes in a Uri Geller sort of way.

• Thanks 1

On 20/09/2017 at 11:15 AM, tonyXIII said:

I've never begged before, but I am begging now. Please, Salford! Please beat Saints tomorrow. :clapping:

16 points start to win Tony.  Say 2 Hail Marys, 1 Our Father and it could come true!

• Haha 1