Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

23rd Sept : Super 8s : Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors K.O. 3.15 pm Sky TV

Discuss the Super 8s game between Wakefield Trinity and Wigan Warriors here.

Edited by Old Frightful

30 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Not going to happen!

Eh?

I know Wigan run the RFL but surely they can't do summat as obvious as give themselves a bye on Saturday.

What will Sky show instead...a repeat of Salford's victory against Saints?

• Like 2

Now that would be sweet. 

Goodness knows how this will go - up to last Sunday I thought I had a sense of how good we are, but now v uncertain. Will be closer than the London bus game, though.

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Eh?

I know Wigan run the RFL but surely they can't do summat as obvious as give themselves a bye on Saturday.

What will Sky show instead...a repeat of Salford's victory against Saints?

Don't be ridiculous, you silly sausage. Wigan cannot give themselves a bye, they will have paid Wakefield a considerable sum to give it to them instead.

• Like 1

Seeing as Saints are now in form they will probably win at Salford. The Cas 19 has been announced and they are missing half a team.  Hull FC to win that one.

If both those predictions come true then Wakefield v Wigan will be a dead rubber. 

30 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Seeing as Saints are now in form they will probably win at Salford. The Cas 19 has been announced and they are missing half a team.  Hull FC to win that one.

If both those predictions come true then Wakefield v Wigan will be a dead rubber. 

Not necessarily.

Granted it would take a Wigan win by 65 + Saints' winning margin to overtake them in the league table but we've seen a 62 point winning margin between Wakey and Wigan at Belle Vue only last season so anything's possible.

So you can always live in hope...oh, just a minute...about that winning margin...:blink: :ph34r:

On 20/09/2017 at 8:37 PM, Old Frightful said:

Not necessarily.

Granted it would take a Wigan win by 65 + Saints' winning margin to overtake them in the league table but we've seen a 62 point winning margin between Wakey and Wigan at Belle Vue only last season so anything's possible.

So you can always live in hope...oh, just a minute...about that winning margin...:blink: :ph34r:

I think you have to win by 91 unless Hull lose. 

Seems that, OF, my predictions came through.

How Wigan react after that shambles last week will be interesting. Wakey will be full of it following their stadium news.  

35 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Dead rubber... lol.

It would be interesting to see how funny everybody would have found it had Wigan put in the same kind of performance that cas did tonight in similar circumstances.

This forum would have exploded.

7 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

What's the joke?

Saints get an extra week before their holidays and these 2 teams are losers - I think. It would take an on form Peter Kay to hang a routine on it though. 

• Haha 1

Whatever format we play in be it top 4, 5, or 8, this has turned out to a game that the competing teams were reliant on others to make this game meaningful as they now cannot make the semifinals, it is a dead rubber for the reason alone that they have not won enough games and collected enough points in their previous 29 games to make the game matter to either, it has nothing to do with as some detractors of the 8's will have us believe.

9 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

It would be interesting to see how funny everybody would have found it had Wigan put in the same kind of performance that cas did tonight in similar circumstances.

This forum would have exploded.

Wigan did put that kind of performance in against a very similar cas side to tonight's.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

Wigan did put that kind of performance in against a very similar cas side to tonight's.

I suggest you wander off to see if you can find your tin helmet.

• Like 1

C'mon wakie.been brilliant all season,deserved a top four finish despite being probably the lowest paid team in superleague.Been brilliant this year and Chester take a bow. No love lost being a cas fan but I for one have enjoyed watching wakie this season:clapping::clapping::clapping:. Up the Trin.

• Thanks 1