22nd/23rd/24th Sept : Super 8s - The Qualifiers Match thread

Discuss all this weekend's Super 8s Qualifiers games here.

Friday 22nd Sept :

London Broncos v Leigh Centurians K.O. 8pm

Saturday 23rd Sept :

Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers K.O. 3pm

Catalans Dragons v Widnes Vikings K.O. 5.15pm UK/6.15pm Local Sky TV

Sunday 24th Sept :

Halifax v Featherstone Rovers K.O. 3pm

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

As i have intimated on another couple of threads, this game should have the same kick off time as Catalan and Widnes, depending on the result involving London v Leigh, it will give Widnes an advantage in knowing what they need to do should the game be close.

I would love to know the reason why this game is scheduled for a 20:00 kick off on a Friday Night, perhaps one of our Bronco's friends could enlighten me.

PS, have they ever had this day and kick off time previously?

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

13 minutes ago, GaryO said:

As i have intimated on another couple of threads, this game should have the same kick off time as Catalan and Widnes, depending on the result involving London v Leigh, it will give Widnes an advantage in knowing what they need to do should the game be close.

I would love to know the reason why this game is scheduled for a 20:00 kick off on a Friday Night, perhaps one of our Bronco's friends could enlighten me.

PS, have they ever had this day and kick off time previously?

Played Toronto Wolfpack on Friday 17th March with an 8pm kick off and that's the only other time this season.

http://www.flashscore.com/team/london-broncos/ObVFeT5C/results/

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

58 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Played Toronto Wolfpack on Friday 17th March with an 8pm kick off and that's the only other time this season.

http://www.flashscore.com/team/london-broncos/ObVFeT5C/results/

Thanks Rob, any idea though why it can't  be played on Saturday?

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

1 hour ago, Fabou said:

4 home wins

I will settle for 2, and I hope that London and Catalan would not be included,

God bless me for saying that, I am now going to say three Hail Mary's and an Our Father for forgiveness.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's not their ground. Ealing Trailfinders RU 1st team are playing on the Sunday afternoon and I think another of the Ealing RU teams are playing on the Saturday.

Ah so, a full time professional team has to give way to a team of amatuers and not even a first choice team at that, its no wonder The Bronco's profile is so low in the capital, how can we hope as a sport to be taken seriously when we are so far down the pecking order? Shambles.

31 minutes ago, GaryO said:

Ah so, a full time professional team has to give way to a team of amatuers and not even a first choice team at that, its no wonder The Bronco's profile is so low in the capital, how can we hope as a sport to be taken seriously when we are so far down the pecking order? Shambles.

It will be nothing to do with giving way this is what happens when you release fixtures 2 weeks before they are due to start. 

55 minutes ago, GaryO said:

To be fair they aren't the only team that don't own their own ground (and the short notice certainly doesn't help). I remember there was a protracted debate/dispute about when a Leigh/fev game was going to be played one weekend as there was a Swinton game to fit in the same weekend and a wedding booked at the LSV too.

Broncos played against Warrington on the same day that Ealing Trailfinders played Cornish Pirates so there is no reason the two games couldn't be played on the same day.  It's an artificial pitch so multiple games are not an issue.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

London Broncos v Leigh Centurians  -All Leigh have to do is follow the Widnes template and run their forwards up and down the middle of the park. Points difference matters in getting home advantage so Leigh by 20 :sad:

Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers - Warringion to give Tony Smith a proper send off - and win by 12

Catalans Dragons v Widnes Vikings - The RFL, The Rugby League Media and pompous keyboard klatterers all want a win for this diverse catalans outfit so  - Come on Widnes - Chemics by 2 and the LSV away in the MPG should hold no fears.

Halifax v Featherstone Rovers - Toss a coin here Fax by 2

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

London v Leigh - Leigh to win a game where London have nothing at stake as will finish 6th no matter what. Why schedule a London home game on a Friday Night?  

Wire v HKR - another meaningless game. Warrington finish top and HKR second anyway as Wires points difference is about 100 points better than the Robins. HKR to put the reserves out again?

Cats v Widnes - the only game with that much at stake despite being the last game. Who ever loses will likely not be playing SL next year! Low on quality but who cares as it will be exciting and emotional....

Fax v Fev -Battle of the fittest!  A game fighting for an extra 50K. Both clubs down on numbers and the PT players have been bashed about physically virtually every week. Will likely be a poor quality game due to this. 

2 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Wire v HKR - another meaningless game.

Which competition in world sport doesn't have some of these? There will always be some. However, this year there have been precious few in the Qualifiers nor the Super 8's for that matter. Well done the organisers. 

Leigh, Wire, Halifax and I really can't call the other one. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

14 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Which competition in world sport doesn't have some of these? There will always be some. However, this year there have been precious few in the Qualifiers nor the Super 8's for that matter. Well done the organisers. 

Leigh, Wire, Halifax and I really can't call the other one. 

Yep the sport has wrestled with itself for yrs to get to the point were almost all games matter & finally achieves it and some are still moaning. 

Might as well just mirror football and be done with it

3 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

London v Leigh - Leigh to win a game where London have nothing at stake as will finish 6th no matter what. Why schedule a London home game on a Friday Night? 

Because we don't own the ground and someone thinks scheduling all the key games with a weeks notice for the qualifiers is a good idea.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

8 hours ago, Southern Reiver said:

Because we don't own the ground and someone thinks scheduling all the key games with a weeks notice for the qualifiers is a good idea.

It was 8 weeks ago the fixtures were announced before the start of the RU season, it is not as though it is the Trailfinders Union clubs first team with the sceduled game is it, are you telling me that the clubs could not have worked together or are the Bronco's just considered a rent paying lodger that is the way they seem to be treated to me.

My understanding was that both clubs would get an extra day before the mpg should they have made it, shocker for our fans making the journey. 

London to win this one, we are decimated with season ending injuries losing Patterson Browne and Langi last week, anymore and we will have to forfeit the mpg as we have 17 left

It was 8 weeks ago the fixtures were announced before the start of the RU season, it is not as though it is the Trailfinders Union clubs first team with the sceduled game is it, are you telling me that the clubs could not have worked together or are the Bronco's just considered a rent paying lodger that is the way they seem to be treated to me.

It's irrelevant whether the RU season had started or not. Their fixtures had been announced a couple of months before we'd decide on our end to the season. So when they came out trailfinders was available. We then get our fixtures sorted and obviously the grounds been booked. Are you suggesting the RU team should be forced to move. 

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

It's irrelevant whether the RU season had started or not. Their fixtures had been announced a couple of months before we'd decide on our end to the season. So when they came out trailfinders was available. We then get our fixtures sorted and obviously the grounds been booked. Are you suggesting the RU team should be forced to move. 

I am saying that discussions could have taken place, they may well have, and if it was deemed that it more important for the Trailfinders seconds, vets or pensioners team take preferance, then that puts into perspective the attitude to RL in tgat part of yhe world.

7 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Agreed. Also, can the naysayers here explain how we in London can get our own ground in a city where building land can cost over £2 million an acre!

It would have been/will be very interesting if the Bronco's gain promotion, I would suggest staying at the Trailfinders would put a stop to that.

Even to the most fervant expansionist, they could not want a club that is representative of the Premier RL competition in this country playing out of the Trailfinders, now that would be meat and drink to the RL detractors in the media, wouldn't it?

It would have been/will be very interesting if the Bronco's gain promotion, I would suggest staying at the Trailfinders would put a stop to that.

Even to the most fervant expansionist, they could not want a club that is representative of the Premier RL competition in this country playing out of the Trailfinders, now that would be meat and drink to the RL detractors in the media, wouldn't it?

I don't think that Trailfinders is suitable for SL (it's fine for Championship) but I don't think that Belle Vue has been for years either, if you're that worried about "RL detractors in the media".

Anyway, where should the Broncos be playing, in your opinion?

Wheldon Road has not changed since 1970. So we either have franchising and ground standards or we don't bother about it. I notice that Toronto have no covered stands, so ground issues may be an issue sooner rather than later. Trailfinders is a poorer view for spectators than New River and would take millions to make a decent SL ground.

Archived