snapski

Wigans lost £600k for last season

Nice turnover figure - over 7m. With that coming in, the capital assets, and owner's wealth, we will be fine n dandy. 

Reading the details highlights how much we spend on player development. Long may that continue. It certainly looked to be a good thing when we were beating Cas' juniors the other day to win the comp. Sadly, we still await a congratulatory text. :(

• Like 3

What was the score with the considerable drop in sponsorship? Didn't somebody mention recently about a sponsor going bust?

Who ever voted to leave central park should hang their head in shame.

Wigan rl used to be top dog ,now they don't own their own kennel.

Wigan football going down the tubes fast.

What is maurice doing these days? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Wigan football going down the tubes fast.

What is maurice doing these days? 

Don't worry, Castleford are here to save us all.

15 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Inclined to agree with you.

Selling a freehold property to go and rent another long-term with no plans to buy is about as stupid as it gets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Don't worry, Castleford are here to save us all.

Aww bless. You can't stop thinking about us.

Just now, snapski said:

Aww bless. You can't stop thinking about us.

I'm trying to see if I can fathom out how you manage to only post in threads that mention Cas.

If I mention the word Castleford, you appear like a little vengeful imp.

1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

I'm trying to see if I can fathom out how you manage to only post in threads that mention Cas.

If I mention the word Castleford, you appear like a little vengeful imp.

Except he started a thread on Wigan (without mentioning Cas).....

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Nice turnover figure - over 7m. With that coming in, the capital assets, and owner's wealth, we will be fine n dandy. 

Reading the details highlights how much we spend on player development. Long may that continue. It certainly looked to be a good thing when we were beating Cas' juniors the other day to win the comp. Sadly, we still await a congratulatory text. :(

Congrats on that. Didn't London beat Wigan in the U19s a while back? Always the same handful of clubs developing our best young players.:wink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Except he started a thread on Wigan (without mentioning Cas).....

One does never know the secrets if another person's heart, though it would not be the largest stretch in the world to suspect a somewhat mischievous "mind" behind that dig. 

I can understand him getting a bit giddy, though. We had the same from Giants' fans a while ago when they won the LLS. It is, I suppose, a form of flattery. The key to being one season wonders is to enjoy that season while it's going on, rather than stirring. 

Edited by Exiled Wiganer

1 hour ago, Desert Skipper said:

Interesting that turnover is slightly less than Warrington for the same period.   Which of the sponsors went bust?

Yeah it's not impressive tbh, a club of Wigans supposed standing and history should be turning over in excess of £10 million 

That would put Wigan 4th in terms of turnover right? I thought they'd be higher. Anyone any idea what the numbers are for Saints or Hull?

1. Leeds

2. Catalans

3. Warrington

4. Wigan

3 hours ago, damp squib said:

That would put Wigan 4th in terms of turnover right? I thought they'd be higher. Anyone any idea what the numbers are for Saints or Hull?

1. Leeds

2. Catalans

3. Warrington

4. Wigan

I think Saints are similar to Wire and Wigan.

What is Catalans turnover?

Well if I were Wigan, I'd put it out there that if it is returned by next Monday, no questions will be asked. :tongue:

Edited by RayCee

5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Yeah it's not impressive tbh, a club of Wigans supposed standing and history should be turning over in excess of £10 million 

It's an interesting one - I think their turnover is around £3m less than Leeds' and pretty much the same as Warrington's. So is this the cost of not owning your stadium? 

Wigan have c4k more per week than Warrington, for the same turnover, they have less than Leeds and a lot less turnover. 

Whilst Wigan's turnover is decent compared to other RL clubs, it is interesting to see who would have more opportunity for growth - them or the likes of Wire and Saints. Wigan's move into the Sydney market will be interesting to monitor.

1 hour ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Thanks Jim.  

I hope you are okd enough to have wet dreams about us.

I am, but if I need any clean up tips, I definitely know which supporters to ask, don't I?

11 hours ago, DoubleD said:

How do you come to that conclusion?

Why not £20 Million, or £30 Million?

17 hours ago, absentee thoughtlord said:

Inclined to agree with you.

Selling a freehold property to go and rent another long-term with no plans to buy is about as stupid as it gets.

Agree. As a southerner growing up under Wigan Dominance in the 90s I still don't get why they would choose to not have their own ground. To share with a football team in what is the football teams ground is not good enough and financially makes no sense...400k a year to rent!

They could always reverse the operation of the DW turnstiles at half time, only removing them when 80 minutes is up.

• Like 2