Sign in to follow this  
Heckler

Wakefield to stay at Belle Vue

Recommended Posts

They will stay there until the council either build them a new ground or carter wins the euro millions

 

Their not will to accept an alternative 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be amazed and surprise if the stadium is completed before the 2020 season.

They will probably still have to move out for the 2019 season,while the development is going on.

This news will at least keep the rfl happy and will now let Trinity use the stadium next season in the condition it's in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the Challenge Cup game earlier in the season, a few Trinity fans were adamant that they would be playing at The Tetley's Stadium next season. A lot of ###### has been spoken over the years from that lot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long will this stadium saga run for?nothing seems to come to fruition. They will string it along and eek it out for all its worth.Look at what's happened to clubs that have become nomadic,look what happened to us.They definitely wouldn't want that.Is it true that they were going to use your place?.If it is that's a shame, the money from ground rental, food and drink sales would've come in handy for the club.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

How long will this stadium saga run for?nothing seems to come to fruition. They will string it along and eek it out for all its worth.Look at what's happened to clubs that have become nomadic,look what happened to us.They definitely wouldn't want that.Is it true that they were going to use your place?.If it is that's a shame, the money from ground rental, food and drink sales would've come in handy for the club.

I am to be honest, getting a little fed up with us being used as a bargaining chip by the Wildcats. I doubt they ever had any intention of ground sharing. I watched Trinity in the Neil Fox era (I was poached by Dewsbury in 1965), so I have a soft spot for them, but I think it's time for them to put up or shut up with regard to the Tetleys stadium. The bottom line is that Wakefield Council (like most) can barely fund public services, so they aren't going to be chucking money at a project which will benefit two or three thousand trinity die hards any day soon. That leaves them with the sugar daddy option, but if a club with Bradford's support can't find a half decent backer, Trinity certainly aren't going to attract one. I can only assume they are trying to hold on until the new Glasshoughton Five towns Stadium  is built. (is that still in progress ?)

Edited by grumpyoldram
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well maybe Wakefields solution is staring us in the face

 

Move to odsal

Become

Wakeford bullcats and every body is happy

Bull's back in super league

Wakefield have a new home (I know it's only transplanting one shi'thole for another"

RFL get a guaranteed income from rent

 

Winner winner chicken dinner

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I am to be honest, getting a little fed up with us being used as a bargaining chip by the Wildcats. I doubt they ever had any intention of ground sharing. I watched Trinity in the Neil Fox era (I was poached by Dewsbury in 1965), so I have a soft spot for them, but I think it's time for them to put up or shut up with regard to the Tetleys stadium. The bottom line is that Wakefield Council (like most) can barely fund public services, so they aren't going to be chucking money at a project which will benefit two or three thousand trinity die hards any day soon. That leaves them with the sugar daddy option, but if a club with Bradford's support can't find a half decent backer, Trinity certainly aren't going to attract one. I can only assume they are trying to hold on until the new Glasshoughton Five towns Stadium  is built. (is that still in progress ?)

If that was the situation with my club I'd be a little brassed off.Your right it's not right for a club to be used as a bargaining chip. As you quite rightly said they need to "put up or shut up".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

If that was the situation with my club I'd be a little brassed off.Your right it's not right for a club to be used as a bargaining chip. As you quite rightly said they need to "put up or shut up".

I was thinking more

Shut up & sell up lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What frustrates me is that Belle View (Ironic name) is not fit for purpose as far as SL goes. Oldham had to move grounds for the Championship this year. Could they have said plans were in place for ground improvements to bring Whitebank up to Championship standard so they could stay there? No because the RFL would have dismissed them yet Wakefield year after year get away with playing in a sub standard ground (for the comp they are in) Just another failing by the governing body i'm afraid.

Edited by Phil Stone
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately the RFL stinks of double standards. Whitebank is now under the stewardship of avro FC,an amateur soccer club in Oldham. The ground now looks a million times better as being a fully amateur club avro could apply for grants etc.We no longer have any say in what happens there.We are now officially homeless again. The RFL did give Oldham time to upgrade whitebank but because we have one bloke with no money running it and no one wants to have anything to do with him.We are what you might call knackered.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also become irritated by the Wakefield saga but I am sure that MS isn't taken in by anyone and knows what he is doing. For example the pre-season friendly against them was down to this relationship: we kept all of the gate money so will have made a few bob before the season started. In addition, if I understand correctly, there is a good chance that they will be hiring our training facilities (as will Bradford City) which, once more, adds to the club's income.

Money talks in this game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

 if I understand correctly, there is a good chance that they will be hiring our training facilities (as will Bradford City) which, once more, adds to the club's income.

Money talks in this game.

They currently train at Fev so I wonder if they will get a better deal with you? It just shows how badly run the sport is where SL teams have to go to Championship clubs to train because they have the better facilities

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I have also become irritated by the Wakefield saga but I am sure that MS isn't taken in by anyone and knows what he is doing. For example the pre-season friendly against them was down to this relationship: we kept all of the gate money so will have made a few bob before the season started. In addition, if I understand correctly, there is a good chance that they will be hiring our training facilities (as will Bradford City) which, once more, adds to the club's income.

Money talks in this game.

Good points BSJ - can't argue with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it comes off for them this time , but they have endless false dawn's , wakey fans must have had enough.

Doesn't seem quite clear where the money is coming from. From what I've read the council will take out a loan also a lease on the ground , that wakey don't own anymore. Then get a developer to pay back the loan , the one who messed everyone about over Newmarket. The grounds lease holder also owns the land around the ground that will be redeveloped along with the ground. That's alot of plates to keep spinning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2017 at 9:41 AM, grumpyoldram said:

 I can only assume they are trying to hold on until the new Glasshoughton Five towns Stadium  is built. (is that still in progress ?)

Looks like they are hoping to move in by 2020. Delayed by 3/4 years, seems the ground depends on selling the retail space first , which is a struggle . I wouldn't put any money on this one ever getting going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



100 Days That Shook Rugby League

League Express - Every Monday

Rugby League World - Oct 2017