What game are you most excited for next year.

Krzzystuff

Since next season we get to play home and away we will get a chance to see every team at the Den at least once soo.....whats your fancy?

My big ones are below:

• The TO derby  (Toronto vs. Toulouse)  - expect them to be core top 4 competition
  • Leigh Centurions vs. Leigh Centurions  - If Leigh get relegated the prospect of unwanted players and coach giving it to Centurions as the Wolfpack should make for some great bif!! 

Any expats licking their lips at the Wolfpack giving former adversaries a good ol'Canuck can of whoop ass?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

London Broncos were my team back home in the days of Tulsen Tollett, Martin Offiah and the man with the greatest RL name of all, Steele Retchless. So for nostalgic reasons I'm really looking forward to that one. So's my daughter, who was 7 years old when she went to the CC final vs Leeds in 99, and is now a massive TWP fan at 25!

3 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

London Broncos were my team back home in the days of Tulsen Tollett, Martin Offiah and the man with the greatest RL name of all, Steele Retchless. So for nostalgic reasons I'm really looking forward to that one. So's my daughter, who was 7 years old when she went to the CC final vs Leeds in 99, and is now a massive TWP fan at 25!

How does it feel to have RL back in your life out of the blue? I imagine you never expected to see a game in Canada.

Hope you an you daughter enjoy many years of Saturdays at the Den!

10 minutes ago, ojx said:

Looking forward to the visit of Fev & Fax, especially if they bring some fans.

I think Hunslet led the way this year, bringing a small contingent and jumping in to the festivities.

By far they were the biggest away group and they definitely enjoyed themselves.

15 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

How does it feel to have RL back in your life out of the blue? I imagine you never expected to see a game in Canada.

Hope you an you daughter enjoy many years of Saturdays at the Den!

It's still a bit surreal, tbh. We used to be season ticket holders at the Broncos, so it was a wrench to give that up. I was watching a SL game on SportsnetWorld a while back when I saw some player moves scrolling across the bottom of the screen and seeing 'Toronto' there. That was the first I'd heard of it and I was delighted. Daughter now has her cubicle at work decorated with 8x10 Wolfpack pictures!

Batley is the one I'm waiting for...close enough to my birthplace of Shipley for me to adopt them as my 3rd team after TWP and the Kneets...plus one of their supporters is bringing me a club shirt...

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

Batley is the one I'm waiting for...close enough to my birthplace of Shipley for me to adopt them as my 3rd team after TWP and the Kneets...plus one of their supporters is bringing me a club shirt...

Think they can bring a case of Baulmers cider over as well??? :giveheart:

not to worry, i could be all wet..has happened before. I'll ask my cousin up in Windermere, he's clued up when it comes to all things beer. Gonna be visiting him in a week or so, he'd better have organized a P**S up!

Surely the most exciting game will be the one that gets them into SL. it could be the million pound game. Or it could be one before that, somewhere in the qualifying 8's. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

14 hours ago, RayCee said:

Surely the most exciting game will be the one that gets them into SL. it could be the million pound game. Or it could be one before that, somewhere in the qualifying 8's. 

Yes that would definitely be the most exciting game but i'm asking what people are personally looking forward to and why. 

Hopefully we can get promoted at a home game and I can be there. The Den would go nuts if that happens!

It's going to be Halifax for me; there were some cracking derbies between Bradford Northern and Halifax back in the day so I'm looking forward to mixing it again.  Batley, Dewsbury and Featherstone to a lesser extent and I like how London are rebuilding under Henderson so that should be good too.  Toulouse will be a good trip for both and you never know it could be a fortnight roadtrip for TWP if Catalans come a cropper.

The Championship will be great value entertainment next year, just hope we see more matches on Sky or Sportsnet.

It's official we will be hosting Leigh at the Den!

Were the players that we signed from them "rejects" or did we poach them? Will there be a lot off bif from Leigh when we meet with any feelings that relegation could have been avoided had these players not signed on with us?

14 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

It's official we will be hosting Leigh at the Den!

Were the players that we signed from them "rejects" or did we poach them? Will there be a lot off bif from Leigh when we meet with any feelings that relegation could have been avoided had these players not signed on with us?

Leigh is definitely the game I am looking forward to the most now. Will they be our biggest challengers next year? Or could it be Toulouse? For Leigh it may depend on how many players they can hold on to. 

Does anyone know when the fixtures are usually published?

From what I've gathered on these forums we will know a week before the first game because the RFL is crud and blah blah blah.

We won't be having any home games until May at the earliest because well, it's Canada and the Den is fully exposed to the elements.

i think that Toulouse will be the biggest test for us but London now have some bif with us about Ackers and they did really well this year. Just in general i'm looking for ward to the competitiveness of next year!!!

Archived