Sign in to follow this  
TMF

Presentations

Is there anybody out there who is dissapointed, like me, that Barrow got no recognition at all at the recent Championship and L1 presentation night last Monday?  Just one player put forward and of course our coach. I think even Cresta was a bit put out, not for himself, for the team,  but as he said himself on the latest League One Show, winning the Ipro Cup wasn't even mentioned. 

I'm really beginning to wonder if the RL still hold it against us for what happened a few years ago. Am I being paranoid? Not my personality, but look at this seasons fixture list, look at what we have achieved. Winning a trophy, only L1 team to reach the last 16 of CC, finishing second in the league, and of course a good chance of promotion. Not to mention all the work going on in the background with the kids, under 16's and academy work. 

Sorry, it's a rant I know, but I really am annoyed. Is it any wonder that after a while some people think what's the point? I'm just asking, am I the only one surprised? I would like to congratulate those who did win awards but it does seem to be that we are under the radar. If I was Cresta, I would pin all the awards up on the team board before the next game.

• Like 2

I was surprised when Cresta missed out. He has easily been the most successful coach consistently. 4 times nominated but not winning once?

I think the award is from nominations from    The other head coaches so in this case it's not the RFL's fault.

I thought Joe might have won, I know he is massively respected by all the other players.

just a plug for the Bears, we were nominated for project of the year. We had huge raps in the nomination for our Bears 5's. It was pointed out that as a result we have had literally hundreds of people of all ages and genders playing rugby all summer. That of course is a massive tick in the box for Sport England and participation numbers. But we lost out to York who had a twitter campaign to advertise one match. When asked about it the guy accepting the award said it was a result of a throw away remark in a pub and they decided to have a bit of fun with it and it worked very well. He was asked if they would develop it for the future " no, it was a one off just a bit of a craic but  it was only about advertising the Toronto game"

How is that comparable to having dozens of people throwing a ball about every week  at 3 different venues?.... It was politics because we won it with a different project two years ago.

• Like 2

Nobody sees who The coaches vote for so imo could easily be fixed?  Unless they print who they vote for! What if it's a draw? There are an equal number of teams, so who decides on the winner ? 

Just playing devils advocate here.

I can see why Forster ended up with it. First year as a coach, lost all preseason games and turned it around to finish 2nd in the league after the regular season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, millomite said:

Just playing devils advocate here.

I can see why Forster ended up with it. First year as a coach, lost all preseason games and turned it around to finish 2nd in the league after the regular season.

Yeah to be fair Carl did a great job in his 1st year wheras Cresta has done what everybody expected him to do (hopefully ;-) )

Barrow finished second.

Super 8's aint over till someone wins the final. Still two rounds to go. Hope we don't finish second, lol.

18 hours ago, TMF said:

Super 8's aint over till someone wins the final. Still two rounds to go. Hope we don't finish second, lol.

Super 8’s are over. We’re now into the “play off “ section of the comedy structure league. 

My own personal opinion and not that of Barrow Raiders is that its a joke. You play all year to gain a home advantage in the playoffs and your season boils down to one game at a time due to the ridiculous structure. It should be top two go up and top 4 or 8 playoff. 

No wonder people are showing their frustration by staying away. The sooner we get out of this league or the RFL stop asking Championship teams how the lower league should be structured the better.

HOME AND AWAY WITH LESS TEAMS  IS THE ONLY FUTURE FOR LOWER LEAGUES. 

• Like 1

Technically, yes the super 8's are over, sorry. So why aren't we promoted? Second after the regular season, second after the 8's. SOSS is right. This is crazy. I've said it before but anything can go against you in one match. If that happens, we could lose massive support next year as it really will be a case of 'What's the point?' Not that it's going to.

34 minutes ago, TMF said:

Technically, yes the super 8's are over, sorry. So why aren't we promoted? Second after the regular season, second after the 8's. SOSS is right. This is crazy. I've said it before but anything can go against you in one match. If that happens, we could lose massive support next year as it really will be a case of 'What's the point?' Not that it's going to.

Youse where 3rd after regular season

more importantly playing everyone home and away would have made it a more level playing field  FOR ALL CLUBS than the fixture lottery we ended up with !!!!

Edited by morty
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, donald said:

That was a quirk of the skewed format. The super 8's was one of the checks and balances which like the system or not it did allow the cream to float to the top

Yes we did finish 3rd behind Whitehaven but never had the chance to play neither them nor TWP at home the league is a joke

4 hours ago, donald said:

Just now, richie keay said:

Yes we did finish 3rd behind Whitehaven but never had the chance to play neither them nor TWP at home the league is a joke

Correct marra 30 game home and away games would have been the simple option think that format you lot would have prob finished 2nd as you had harder away games no doubting that

Well, we did finish third, so we don't deserve to go up. Simple as. As the RL have decided nothing is going to change next season, I wish all clubs in RL1 good luck next season. donald, lets not talk about keeping thing simple, that's too much for the RL to contemplate.

• Like 1