Sign in to follow this  
Futtocks

Adam Hills - any ideas?

Recommended Posts

This Tweet just popped up. Anyone know what it's about?

@adamhillscomedy  56 minutes ago
Something exciting happening tomorrow. Can't say too much but here's a clue.

DKRrc2zXcAEVFAh.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Hills is the new Warrington coach?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

This Tweet just popped up. Anyone know what it's about?

@adamhillscomedy  56 minutes ago
Something exciting happening tomorrow. Can't say too much but here's a clue.

DKRrc2zXcAEVFAh.jpg

It wasn't played under the rules of rugby league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

It wasn't played under the rules of rugby league.

Fighting talk :-)

I think it's fairly well established that the first rules change didn't happen until 9 December, but still,  broken-time payments were allowed and they were playing each other in a league competition. Both had been outlawed by the RFU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

It wasn't played under the rules of rugby league.

If we are going to be pedantic.

It was Northern Union rules.  They just happened to be identical to rugby union.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Tweet: @adamhillscomedy  12 hours ago
I'm helping @WWCLSFoundation launch UK's 1st Disability Rugby League team tomorrow at Halliwell Jones Stadium. 9.30am. I'm even gonna play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Another Tweet: @adamhillscomedy  12 hours ago
I'm helping @WWCLSFoundation launch UK's 1st Disability Rugby League team tomorrow at Halliwell Jones Stadium. 9.30am. I'm even gonna play.

Blimey, how much disability do they need? :ph34r:

Good stuff though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Adam Hills, Josh Widdicombe and Alex Brooker will be Warringtons front row next year?

I think Ann Widdicombe would be an improvement. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

This Tweet just popped up. Anyone know what it's about?

@adamhillscomedy  56 minutes ago
Something exciting happening tomorrow. Can't say too much but here's a clue.

DKRrc2zXcAEVFAh.jpg

 

3 hours ago, JonM said:

Fighting talk :-)

I think it's fairly well established that the first rules change didn't happen until 9 December, but still,  broken-time payments were allowed and they were playing each other in a league competition. Both had been outlawed by the RFU.

3 hours ago, Bob8 said:

If we are going to be pedantic.

It was Northern Union rules.  They just happened to be identical to rugby union.

 

Right, enough.

The first games were not played under any rules, they were played under Rugby Union LAWS.

Broken Time Payments were not and never were part of the Laws of the Game.

Broken Time Payments came under the RULES of the governing body, completely different from the LAWS of the game.

 

 

Edited by Padge
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Excellent initiative

Agreed. There are some nice videos of the launch on the Wire facebook page today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its another good community initiative, wish them all the success with it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Another Tweet: @adamhillscomedy  12 hours ago
I'm helping @WWCLSFoundation launch UK's 1st Disability Rugby League team tomorrow at Halliwell Jones Stadium. 9.30am. I'm even gonna play.

Adam probably doesn't know yet but rugby league has been played by disabled people for quite some time in the form of wheelchair rugby league. There is a national league an a fair number or teams playing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gogledd said:

Adam probably doesn't know yet but rugby league has been played by disabled people for quite some time in the form of wheelchair rugby league. There is a national league an a fair number or teams playing it

Considering his track record as both a RL fan and a broadcaster on disability sports, I'd assume he knows about wheelchair RL. This is (as far as I can tell) non-wheelchair RL for disabled athletes.

The rules are the same as top level rugby league but have been modified to make the game safer for disabled bodied and younger players;

9 a side although in some cases 13 are used.
Scoring is the same as usual, 4 points for a try and 2 for a conversion.
Red shorts players play touch in both attack and defence.
Black shorts players play standard tackle rules.
Knock ons are counted as a tackle.
No scrums.
Able bodied players can participate but no more than 2 are allowed on the field at any time, they cannot score tries, kick goals or kick in general play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Considering his track record as both a RL fan and a broadcaster on disability sports, I'd assume he knows about wheelchair RL. This is (as far as I can tell) non-wheelchair RL for disabled athletes.

The rules are the same as top level rugby league but have been modified to make the game safer for disabled bodied and younger players;

9 a side although in some cases 13 are used.
Scoring is the same as usual, 4 points for a try and 2 for a conversion.
Red shorts players play touch in both attack and defence.
Black shorts players play standard tackle rules.
Knock ons are counted as a tackle.
No scrums.
Able bodied players can participate but no more than 2 are allowed on the field at any time, they cannot score tries, kick goals or kick in general play.

Its a great idea and hopefully it will get broadcast on the Last Leg - and hopefully he will get into wheelchair RL as well, that a brilliant game for disabled and non-disabled people too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gogledd said:

Its a great idea and hopefully it will get broadcast on the Last Leg - and hopefully he will get into wheelchair RL as well, that a brilliant game for disabled and non-disabled people too.

I believe there's a new series of The Last Leg coming soon. Let's hope he gives it a mention. If he does take part, as he Tweeted, maybe there'll be some embarrassing footage to show. :D 

Edited by Futtocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Padge said:

 

 

Right, enough.

The first games were not played under any rules, they were played under Rugby Union LAWS.

Broken Time Payments were not and never were part of the Laws of the Game.

Broken Time Payments came under the RULES of the governing body, completely different from the LAWS of the game.

 

 

One rests ones case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tongs ya bas said:

One rests ones case

Consider it to well and truly have its feet up.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2017 at 4:27 PM, Futtocks said:

I believe there's a new series of The Last Leg coming soon. Let's hope he gives it a mention. If he does take part, as he Tweeted, maybe there'll be some embarrassing footage to show. :D 

First thing on the new series of The Last Leg tonight was a mention and a quick clip about the new club. Brief, but welcome publicity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, longboard said:

Adam Hills?

Past his peak.

Judging by the clip, he's lost all his pace. :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2017 at 2:46 PM, gogledd said:

Its a great idea and hopefully it will get broadcast on the Last Leg - and hopefully he will get into wheelchair RL as well, that a brilliant game for disabled and non-disabled people too.

 

Wheelchair RL is absolutely brutal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



100 Days That Shook Rugby League

League Express - Every Monday

Rugby League World - Oct 2017