Playoffs

I'd like a Cas-Hull final but haven't seen enough of SL this year to know.

I caught a bit of last night and Cas have been left inside difficult situation by topping the league so early on. They might find it hard to get back to full pelt next week. Form isn't so easy to switch on and turn off.

I just hope it's not Saints Leeds again!

Cas vs Hull.

Cas having rested a few bruised folk last night will have a bit too much in the locker for Saints who've done remarkably well to get in the Top 4; they'll be a real danger next season.

I think Hull will have a bit too much for Leeds; proven themselves in the big knockout games over the past two years so think they'll overpower Leeds as per the CCSF.

It'll be great for the sport to have a new name on the trophy.

13 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It's going to be Saints-Leeds I reckon highlighting the flawed nature of the Super 8s format.

I think having playoffs after 23 rounds is the way to do it. The Super 8s gives too many opportunities to teams who haven't done great in the regular season. Saying that the top 3 has stayed the same

im going Cas V leeds

7 minutes ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

I think having playoffs after 23 rounds is the way to do it. The Super 8s gives too many opportunities to teams who haven't done great in the regular season. Saying that the top 3 has stayed the same

im going Cas V leeds

If Cas don't make the final then it'll be a travesty. 

I always liked how the top team had to lose multiple games to not make the final. This system means one bad performance and they'll be out.

2 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Cas vs Hull.

Cas having rested a few bruised folk last night will have a bit too much in the locker for Saints who've done remarkably well to get in the Top 4; they'll be a real danger next season.

I think Hull will have a bit too much for Leeds; proven themselves in the big knockout games over the past two years so think they'll overpower Leeds as per the CCSF.

It'll be great for the sport to have a new name on the trophy.

would be nice to have new name on a major trophy but if Hull win that will mean them x3 of the x4 major trophies of the last two years.  That seems boring in some eye's as in same team same old... type of thing.

Hull seemed to have managed the season well this year and are my betting favorites to win it. Maybe other teams will learn to manage it as well as them going forward...

4 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It's going to be Saints-Leeds I reckon highlighting the flawed nature of the Super 8s format.

I still think the best final for the game would've been Cas-Salford which might've caught the public sporting imagination of Manchester and the Salford based media.

Agree And that for me is a turn off....I have thought for a while saints will sneak into gf....

Play offs should be after regular Season of 23-26 games.

No 8s.

3 hours ago, redjonn said:

would be nice to have new name on a major trophy but if Hull win that will mean them x3 of the x4 major trophies of the last two years.  That seems boring in some eye's as in same team same old... type of thing.

Hull seemed to have managed the season well this year and are my betting favorites to win it. Maybe other teams will learn to manage it as well as them going forward...

I never thought I would see the day that people are bored of Hull winning everything. :)

A Hull v Cas final would be great. 

2 hours ago, Charlie RL said:

Cas v Leeds 

although Cas weakened squad v Hull may upset momentum against improving Saints? 

That's exactly what I think.   If I was a gambler I would have got on saints after they sacked Cunningham.  They have Barba and are in form. I hope Cas win here, but it may be a game too far.... Cas were on another level In May but it's September now.... Pressure is on.

i think that saints will beat cas and go on to win the grand final 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Saints - Leeds... We haven't seen that one in a while, it will appeal to every RL fan in the country and abroad. I don't think SL is ready for a new first-time champion yet. :D

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Archived