Sign in to follow this  
glemiln

Onwards to 2018

FB  D. Kay / M. Greenwood   W. R. Massam   C. E. Hurst  C. L.Galbraith  W. R.Lepori   

HB. L.Palfrey / H. Reardon    SH. D. Yates / B. Brickhill (& other in positions)

P.  L. Mitchell / L. Hatton      H. R. Maneely / B.Moores       P. M.Hadden  / B.Turner

SR. D.Allen      SR. T. Adamson     LF. L.Adamson / G.Middlehurst

More signings to follow - hopefully one or two of those pacy, powerful Pacific Islanders at the World Cup!

5 hours ago, mickhornet said:

Jonno has left unfortunately,New signings being announced this week

It must have been a quiet day on Sky sports news, news of Jonno  even made it on there.

On 20/10/2017 at 6:46 PM, Big Doug said:

In some ways I like Tyson. If he could just keep it under control he his not a bad player. A very hard man I think. Good luck to him at Swinton.

Its yet another player leaving our nearest and dearest. Bring on the Law Cup.

That's if it gets played mate.

FB  D. Kay / M. Greenwood   W. R. Massam   C. E. Hurst  C. L.Galbraith  W. R.Lepori   

HB. L.Palfrey / H. Reardon    SH. D. Yates / B. Brickhill       Utility back. A. Gaskell

P.  L. Mitchell / L. Hatton      H. R. Maneely / B.Moores / D. Gregory      P. M.Hadden  / B.Turner

SR. D.Allen/ A. Hema      SR. T. Adamson     LF. L.Adamson / G.Middlehurst

Three young prospects added to make a 23 squad, so far.

8 hours ago, glemiln said:

http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/match_centre/fixtures

Batley at home to start 4/2 with 5 at home in first 7 inc.Toronto 23/3 - the first of 3 "Friday Night Lights" fixtures (another USA influence).

Last three rounds before Super 8's: Leigh (H), Toronto (21/7)  & Halifax both away.

A tough campaign ahead.

I understand a Friday night game, but why are we kicking off against London Bronco's at 19.45 on a Sunday?????

APOLOGIES I've read it wrong its on a Friday........must get some new glasses.

Edited by The Baron Mk11

Likely to be hot (30C or more)(and humid in late July in Toronto.  Also ignore the timings on the RL list of fixtures.  The time difference will be 5 hours so 9.30pm UK time.  They have simpl,y used this weeks timings and because clocks dont go back until this coming weekend in North America, for one week only the current time difference is 4 hours.

Can just about understand playing Toronto on a Friday night but why London. Going to be very few come North on a Friday. Also not even asking members about their views.

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:18 AM, moorside roughyed said:

That's if it gets played mate.

Any reason to think that it might not be played ?

HB. L.Palfrey / H. Reardon    SH. D. Yates / B. Brickhill       Utility back. A. Gaskell

P.  L. Mitchell / L. Hatton      H. R. Maneely / B.Moores / D. Gregory      P. M.Hadden  / B.Turner/ J.Taira

SR. D.Allen/ A. Hema      SR. T. Adamson     LF. L.Adamson / G.Middlehurst

Perhaps some backs cover needed?

Looking like quite a decent squad and lots of injury cover something we, the Roughyheds, didn't have last season.

What's happened to Josh Crowley? Has he taken his bat and ball home again?

Can I wish you all the very best next year in the championship and I look forward to beating you in the Law Cup!!!!!!!

On 12/12/2017 at 5:53 AM, jroyales said:

Looking like quite a decent squad and lots of injury cover something we, the Roughyheds, didn't have last season.

What's happened to Josh Crowley? Has he taken his bat and ball home again?

Can I wish you all the very best next year in the championship and I look forward to beating you in the Law Cup!!!!!!!

And all the best for a great season for you lot, after the law cup!  Would be great to have us reunited in the same division in  years time and there is only one way I would want to see that happen.

Just noticed that Callum Mulkeen is another new squad member, I believe wing/centre and former Irish international.

Some history:

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/273873-callum-mulkeen-the-latest-all-gold-to-commit-future-to-the-club/

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/gloucestershirewarriors/news/callum-mulkeen-signs-for-aussie-team-1532231.html

Here's to great season's festivities and of course a great Hornets 2018 season.