Sign in to follow this  
The Baron Mk11

It's in The Blood

11 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Good Man, or should that be men?

Just got back from Oldham library after a most lovely evening watching "its in the blood" Big congratulations to all involved in this fantastic production. Funny,heart warming,wonderful stories and the odd lump in the throat moment. At the end we spoke to some of our wonderful ex players,real gentlemen, we are so lucky to have them in our game.Great evening. What would rugby league be like without Oldham and Rochdale?.

• Like 1

They had past players and video footage of Oldham v Rochdale games obviously some good footage of sheddings which brought a lump to the throat. It was funny with a bit of sadness thrown in.The stories told by the past players were fantastic,I could have listened all night.

• Like 1

It was a great night. The stories were fascinating. There was a good mix of stories about both clubs. The ex hornets players who took part were superb. Malcolm Price, who was a top class player and international from both clubs was excellent, relating tales of his time at both clubs. Great story of his signing on for Oldham!

Both Kevin & Terry Flanagan were there and again the re-enactment of the club trying to sign him with the negotiating skills of Bill his father (another ex player) was a classic.

Tony Pratt from Hornets is 70 now. He looks like he could still play!

There are some seats left yet for Friday - if you haven't been you need to get along.

11 hours ago, clifford said:

Thats good, couldn't make it

Get there on Friday Clifford, you will have a very enjoyable experience.

24 minutes ago, clifford said:

What time is it 

The Friday performance kicks off at 4.30pm at the Mahdlo Centre. Hope you can make it Clifford, if you can, make yourself known to me, I wear a bl**dy big sheepskin coat in my role as Director, it will be nice to put a face to the name.

9 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

The Friday performance kicks off at 4.30pm at the Mahdlo Centre. Hope you can make it Clifford, if you can, make yourself known to me, I wear a bl**dy big sheepskin coat in my role as Director, it will be nice to put a face to the name.

You looked a right  bobby dazzler in that sheepskin coat.Me and my son thought your character was hilarious. The whole night was fantastic.

The Tony Pratt story of the Hornets secretary getting his wife to move the time of their wedding so he could play in the afternoon was amazing. Then having to come back off their honeymoon to play in the replay midweek. Can you imagine that happening today ? 

I remember the replay he came back for. We'd done really well to draw 10-10 at Wakefield but back at Hornets they ran riot and battered us. That Wakefield team that eventually made it to the " water splash " final was one of the best teams I ever saw.

15 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

You looked a right  bobby dazzler in that sheepskin coat.Me and my son thought your character was hilarious. The whole night was fantastic.

Should have made yourself known Moorside, I went round the crowd after asking  "is Moorside here LOL" but no one answerd.

Glad everyone enjoyed the play, its been very enjoyable being on stage with these guys, quite funny at times, these big strapping fear nought rugby players trembling at the knees before a performance ha ha, but they were all brilliant.  I've had to smile to myself as I watch their confidence increase and my own diminish, who'd be a bl**dy actor.

Really enjoyed it last night even though it highlights how far Oldham has fallen in RL standing and the town itself.

Baron were you the guy playing the Chairman?

Me and my Dad was sat at the end of the row next to you.

Hopefully a sequel could be done sometime (80's/90s players perhaps)?

Can't believe Tony Pratt is 70!

Should have made yourself known Moorside, I went round the crowd after asking  "is Moorside here LOL" but no one answerd.

We should meet up next time we're at the chip fat arena,sorry spotland.Law cup if it gets played.

Glad everyone enjoyed the play, its been very enjoyable being on stage with these guys, quite funny at times, these big strapping fear nought rugby players trembling at the knees before a performance ha ha, but they were all brilliant.  I've had to smile to myself as I watch their confidence increase and my own diminish, who'd be a bl**dy actor.

You were all brilliant.

On 10/27/2017 at 12:29 PM, Whitworth Yed said:

Really enjoyed it last night even though it highlights how far Oldham has fallen in RL standing and the town itself.

Baron were you the guy playing the Chairman?

Me and my Dad was sat at the end of the row next to you.

Hopefully a sequel could be done sometime (80's/90s players perhaps)?

Can't believe Tony Pratt is 70!

Yes, unfortunately, that bl**dy coat was like a walking sauna ha ha.

On 10/27/2017 at 9:23 PM, moorside roughyed said:

We should meet up next time we're at the chip fat arena,sorry spotland.Law cup if it gets played.

No problem, we will have a pint together.

1 hour ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Yes, unfortunately, that bl**dy coat was like a walking sauna ha ha.

No problem, we will have a pint together.

Looking forward to it mate.