Sign in to follow this  
millomite

Ideas to boost the attendance at the final

Some ideas that are easily implemented in the short space of time left

Get on the Bay, BBC Radio Cumbria, Twitter, Facebook etc and flood people with it.

Through the players who are community reps, get them into the schools this week. Free entry for U16s with a paying adult, not just under 5s.

Get a megaphone and driving around Barrow announcing the game.

Offer Barrow AFC season ticket holders entry for a tenner

Some kind of easy to organise funfair style competition on Portland walk on Saturday morning/afternoon offering prizes for the game. Something like hook a duck. Prizes such as a free beer, free pie,  half price entry, a shirt, free upgrade to the grandstand. Obviously you would have a high number of upgrades available etc and just a couple of shirts etc. But this would help both advertise the game at prime time in the town centre, as well as incentivise people who might not necessarily go to go.

How about an incentive to get local amateur players through the gate? The percentage of amateur players who actually go to Craven Park must be tiny. I can only speak for lads I know but most say £15 is too expensive to watch Barrow rack up a huge score against what's been pretty poor opposition most weeks

3 hours ago, shawy13 said:

How about an incentive to get local amateur players through the gate? The percentage of amateur players who actually go to Craven Park must be tiny. I can only speak for lads I know but most say £15 is too expensive to watch Barrow rack up a huge score against what's been pretty poor opposition most weeks

Good point mate and as for the RL....enough said. In actual fact, any junior playing for a local team is affiliated and gets in the ground for £1 so why not make it the same for open age. Why? Well, it would boost the crowd, enhancing the atmosphere and lats face it, the bar takings as well. Plus they might bring a girlfriend/mate. 

See guys/gals, with a little bit of thought anything is possible. I love millomite's enthusiasm, and his ideas about the under 16's and the season ticket holders. We don't need a megaphone though bud. Just stick Murph on the back of a pick-up. 

More ideas please, not just for this game. For the future, whatever league we are in. Like I said in an earlier post that asked for marketing ideas, why are we not bench marking what other clubs are doing? Are you listening board?

Although I have been retired for 2 years now, it was my understanding that there could be no incentives, discounts, free tickets etc for a shared gate like this match is. However, this may have changed since then, in which case I stand corrected!

John Spoor

Good point John and I think you are probably right but my past posts are about the future, not just Sunday.

John is correct. Because this is a shared gate both clubs would have to agree.

However both clubs have agreed that U16's that are affiliated with an amateur club, ie, with their pass card will be given free entry.

As for all these other ideas. They're great, and have been already thought of, what we need is people to implement them.

next year for instance, someone says "If the club gets 100 posters made, i'll distribute them and stick them up!"

or, 'I'll go to training twice a week, record Cresta on my phone, and email it to the Bay, Radio Cumbria, cando etc'

or if someone wants to drive round barrow with a megaphone I say do it. But it needs someone to take ownership of each job.

its a tough balancing act between marketing things we want to do and those we can afford to do.

We put extra focus on the FB posts for the super 8's offering a prize for sharing it, that worked really well for us. Super 8's gates went up. The final poster to date has been seen by 40,000 ppl in 2 days by offering a VIP prize.

8 minutes ago, shawy13 said:

I'm still banned if you were wondering why it's not been seen by 40001 😂

was a pic of you in ya Saints thong again that someones took offense to?

• Haha 1

Pete, don't feel anybody, well at least me,  is having a go at you. You do a great job, unaided. It's expanding on an idea. That's why i'm calling for suggestions, support, different thinking. Wouldn't you rather sit in a room with people trying to help you rather than feeling the world is against you, on your own, and I wouldn't blame you. Being a Commercial Manager is a hell of a responsibility, I just feel the club is missing a trick here.

If you say those ideas have already been thought of and we need people to implement them, then why hasn't the club put it out there and ask for that? My personal feeling is we are lagging way behind what other clubs are doing, especially expansionist clubs. And before you say, ok, what would you do, iv'e already said, benchmark. Go and look at what other clubs are doing, visit them, read their web sites and forums, talk to their supporters, talk to their Commercial Managers. Most of all, get the supporters of this great club and their ideas behind you. The RL family genuinely wants to help each other. If you stand still in this modern world, you go backwards.

I know we have a supporters trust and they are doing great things to raise money, and i've contributed. The recent Canada appeal was tremendous but nobody knows who these people are. Perhaps it needs to be more structured and maybe more inclusive. WHEN we go up this season we may have two trips to France and one to Canada, maybe more knowing our cup luck. What do we do then?

Ideas on a postcard please to P.Murphy ( just kiddin ).

29 minutes ago, TMF said:

Pete, don't feel anybody, well at least me,  is having a go at you. You do a great job, unaided. It's expanding on an idea. That's why i'm calling for suggestions, support, different thinking. Wouldn't you rather sit in a room with people trying to help you rather than feeling the world is against you, on your own, and I wouldn't blame you. Being a Commercial Manager is a hell of a responsibility, I just feel the club is missing a trick here.

If you say those ideas have already been thought of and we need people to implement them, then why hasn't the club put it out there and ask for that? My personal feeling is we are lagging way behind what other clubs are doing, especially expansionist clubs. And before you say, ok, what would you do, iv'e already said, benchmark. Go and look at what other clubs are doing, visit them, read their web sites and forums, talk to their supporters, talk to their Commercial Managers. Most of all, get the supporters of this great club and their ideas behind you. The RL family genuinely wants to help each other. If you stand still in this modern world, you go backwards.

I know we have a supporters trust and they are doing great things to raise money, and i've contributed. The recent Canada appeal was tremendous but nobody knows who these people are. Perhaps it needs to be more structured and maybe more inclusive. WHEN we go up this season we may have two trips to France and one to Canada, maybe more knowing our cup luck. What do we do then?

Ideas on a postcard please to P.Murphy ( just kiddin ).

ok. I don't agree with every point but lets have a meeting of forum people who want to help. what day/evening time would suit?

Great Pete, thanks for the reply but it isn't about me. I can come any day or night, and I will,  but it's about getting everyone involved, forum people as you say. I think an appeal, on whatever media, for supporters wanting to help raise funds for the club is the way to go. CP or any pub you want. You organise and name the date/venue and i'll be there and, hopefully, a couple more. Incremental steps my friend, incremental steps.

• Like 1

I'll be there too Pete, hopefully by the end of it you'll end up with a few extra pairs of hands to help out! 

• Like 2

ok so lets meet Tuesday evening next week, once the dust has settled on the GF, then we'll know where we are.

So we'll say 6.30pm Lewthwaite Suite. A meeting of people who want to help in a practical way to move the club forward.

• Like 1

Brilliant Pete. Thanks. Have to admire your willingness to take this on board so quickly That's you, me and joe 142, if he can. Others please if possible, Supporters Trust?  Hopefully it will just be a meeting of like minded people, a chat if you like, to, as Pete says, a practical way to move this great club forward.

I know a lot of people agree with the idea of raising money for the club but would be too shy or embarrassed to attend a meeting not knowing anyone, so, bring a mate with you, lol. Oh, and some ideas too. Pete has said the drinks cabinet is open.

You coming millomite?

9 hours ago, TMF said:

You coming millomite?

Sadly not mate. I'm the Mossop who didn't get the rugby skills of my dad and Nathan ( I got the looks and brains 😂😂) so I focused on the other Mossop pastime of shooting.

Busiest time of year for me, out before and after work every day training my dogs for the gundog competition season which starts this coming Monday so time is at a premium (Driving to near Bishop Auckland at 5am on Sunday to go training and then leaving early enough to get back for the game)

I'd love to help but don't have the time. I do have lots of ideas though and will always try to help if I can

• Like 1

Should get well over 2500 on Sunday theres 4 official buses coming down 2 from kells and theres 1 private bus that I know of plus people driving down be a lot of haven fans to swell the gate gonna be a good day.

16 minutes ago, donald said:

Should get well over 2500 on Sunday theres 4 official buses coming down 2 from kells and theres 1 private bus that I know of plus people driving down be a lot of haven fans to swell the gate gonna be a good day.

Excellent mate should be a great atmosphere

• Like 1

Hopefully, Haven will match the 500 we took to their ground. If you know anybody who hasn't experienced the atmosphere and Craven Park rocking with 2000+ in the ground, bring them down.

We will have a lot more than 500 i would say near 1000 there is a lot of interest down our way and u will get a lot of old glory hunters supporting both teams so i would say that gate will be over 2,500 

Lol, hope you're right, and you will all be welcome marrar.

Oh boy. Every bus of away fans always go into the Ambrose, just outside the ground, which supplies free sausage and chips, but you need to get in early. But if you are talking hundred's, wow. We have a Whetherspoons on the main drag in, Abbey Rd, not far from the ground, giving the usual cheep and cheerful but good fare. A hundred yards up the road is The Duke Of Edinburgh, bit more pricey but great meals and bar. Or, head for the Premier Inn at The Dock Museum, good Sunday carvery and you can see the ground from there. Next to the ground there is also the Killone Club. They do a pint and cheeseburger for £3.50. Plus, we have a good snackbar in the ground on the popular side opposite the grandstand serving chips, pies, burgers etc. How hungry are you?