England WC shirt farce

Mattrhino

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Embarrassing for the national team. BLK appear a joke of a supplier.

Agree with the bold, Im still not convinced the RFL are to blame, you simply wouldn't expect to from an 'established' company

I know this is the 21st century but this thread seems to have turned into an excuse for certain posters to stare at rugby players' bottoms.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, philipw said:

They're the ones from the ERL instagram feed, so you would think so, but just noticed Hall is wearing no5, so can't be 

And the badge on the shirt is different. They were from Samoa!

Crazy.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

That's the thing though, they are dealing with a company in the North East who kept the contract on when BLK went bust.

BLK are now back but the clowns in the North east are still looking after England.

To be fair to the RFL they are speaking to Blades, errea and Canterbury about the new deal so BLK should be gone soon. 

By errea, I assume you mean BSK? Or direct with errea in Italy?

The fun times regarding World Cup kit supliers just keeps on coming.

"As of late Friday afternoon, there were no jerseys for Scotland's Danny Brough and the United States' Mark Offerdahl to wear – and it it took two very creative and elaborate solutions to get them in front of the cameras at 10am two days later. In the case of Scotland, Set Of Six played a small part by virtue of my recent dealings with jersey manufacturers. I found a mobile number for Tyron Brant, CEO of Bravehearts suppliers BLK, at the bottom of an email trail. RLWC staffer and former Herald scribe Brad Walter called him and – get this – a one-off Scotland jersey was made from scratch in Suva on Saturday and couriered immediately to Brisbane."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/rugby-league-world-cup/set-of-six-wayne-bennett-says-womens-game-needs-urgent-attention-to-fend-off-afl-20171022-gz5u53.html

23 minutes ago, Scubby said:

The fun times regarding World Cup kit supliers just keeps on coming.

"As of late Friday afternoon, there were no jerseys for Scotland's Danny Brough and the United States' Mark Offerdahl to wear – and it it took two very creative and elaborate solutions to get them in front of the cameras at 10am two days later. In the case of Scotland, Set Of Six played a small part by virtue of my recent dealings with jersey manufacturers. I found a mobile number for Tyron Brant, CEO of Bravehearts suppliers BLK, at the bottom of an email trail. RLWC staffer and former Herald scribe Brad Walter called him and – get this – a one-off Scotland jersey was made from scratch in Suva on Saturday and couriered immediately to Brisbane."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/rugby-league-world-cup/set-of-six-wayne-bennett-says-womens-game-needs-urgent-attention-to-fend-off-afl-20171022-gz5u53.html

I wonder if this is why Scotland wore some kind of training shirt on Friday.

Lovell now got a full range ... give it 3 weeks it'll be half price!

IMG_4756.PNG

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

34 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

Good job Wales and Ireland chose professional suppliers then isn't it ?

Scotland approached us prior to the World Cup via one of our club customers asking for a deal with errea. Prior to setting up a meeting they responded saying they were sticking with BLK UK as assurances had been made they had sorted their act out. 

Obviously not that well! 

It does seem strange that you can buy Scotland fans shirts here in Edinburgh and the players havent even got theirs!

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Aren't the RFL sending out patches to cover the Kingstone Press sponsorship on club shirts? Are they still an England sponsor or will we walk out on Friday with a patch on the national shirt?

22538558_1533950263308959_12874401663386

This would suggest they are. A post from October 18.

Archived