Sign in to follow this  
Bearman

Leigh v Toronto

Absolutely

Looking forward to the return of Rowley to his old stamping ground - I rather think Jukes will be looking at that already if he is still there - Cunningham will be looking at it as well

As for DB  -- I think it will be on the must win list

The championship may well be my favourite league next year

I was thinking I missed an announcement when I first saw your thread title Bearman, and then slooowwwllly it clued into me that you were referring to next season.   In anticipation of winter hibernation my thought processes are already slowing down! :D

I think both Championship and L1 are going to be very exciting next year and will cause this forum to grow so large it will explode! 

Edited by Captain Survival

Come on Sky - give us at least one televised Championship game a week next year! You know it makes sense.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Come on Sky - give us at least one televised Championship game a week next year! You know it makes sense.

Would boost its profile and standing no end , and they deserve it , it's a good spectacle 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I believe all TWP will be available next year. Toronto has already done a deal with Sky.

Could you imagine the boost for RL if they did show the Championship with teams from Toronto, Toulouse and London. It would really help to shatter the Northern game myth.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ojx said:

I believe all TWP will be available next year. Toronto has already done a deal with Sky.

Beyond that though with deeper exposure across the board

I also think it's a great shame that Barra and Haven isn't getting coverage , that's a real battle with high stakes . Rugby league below the elite deserves more coverage , even it's a tries show like SL full time . The loss of a magazine show is a pity as that provided something of an outlet , now it's all very concentrated 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 4

Let's face it, the overwhelming trend on this board is that 1.the Championship is currently hard done by as regards TV coverage, and 2.the 2018 championship really looks interesting.

I think Sky would get very healthy viewing figures for a weekly game from the second tier.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Let's face it, the overwhelming trend on this board is that 1.the Championship is currently hard done by as regards TV coverage, and 2.the 2018 championship really looks interesting.

I think Sky would get very healthy viewing figures for a weekly game from the second tier.

And it might break the fallacy they perpetuate that SL equals RL . It doesn't . There's lots of vibrancy and good stuff through the system , and the exposure would do it the world of good in many ways as well , as much of it struggles on in the shadows 

• Like 3

Read Phil Caplan's piece in 40/20 magazine that explains the reasoning for the broadcasters when choosing which sports and games to screen. I believe that they know what they are doing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Read Phil Caplan's piece in 40/20 magazine that explains the reasoning for the broadcasters when choosing which sports and games to screen. I believe that they know what they are doing.

I've not read it but yes it's hard to believe Sky would sit on their Championship rights if it really was the goldmine people on here think it is.

Having said that if Premier really are showing all the Toronto games next year then it's great value at £10 a month. I subscribed this year but found my interest waning with the one sided L1 games. I'll definitely be tuning in to TO v Leigh, TO v London and of course, TO v TO. 

• Like 2

Again, reading the article, there are no guarantees as yet regarding any matches on Premier, with the NRL ones seemingly in danger of being lost to "other platforms".

It's going to be a game where the crowd could be as entertaining as the game! Hope there are plenty of mics and no time delay ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanaBull said:

It's going to be a game where the crowd could be as entertaining as the game! Hope there are plenty of mics and no time delay ;)

At Leigh or Toronto?😎

On 9/30/2017 at 1:38 PM, paulwalker71 said:

I don't think you need much of crystal ball to predict that they'll meet at the Summer Bash as well 

It's them or Toulouse for the TO derby.  But Leigh vs. Leigh 2.0+ will be a great gamel! I'll be selling myself cheap to the wife's demands once the fixtures are announced next year to make  those games lol.

1 minute ago, Krzzystuff said:

It's them or Toulouse for the TO derby.  But Leigh vs. Leigh 2.0+ will be a great gamel! I'll be selling myself cheap to the wife's demands once the fixtures are announced next year to make  those games lol.

Bring an interpreter or download the urban dictionary app. 

Were the players that we signed from them "rejects" or did we poach them? Will there be a lot off bif from Leigh when we meet with any feelings that relegation could have been avoided had these players not signed on with us?

33 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Were the players that we signed from them "rejects" or did we poach them? Will there be a lot off bif from Leigh when we meet with any feelings that relegation could have been avoided had these players not signed on with us?

Most Leigh fans are huge fans or Toronto. 

The former Leigh coach and players going there gives them a special emotional bond to the place.  That they will be going for the same Super League place also increases the kindred spirit and I imagine the atmosphere at the game in Leigh will be one of fraternity with supporters cheering on both teams.

Edited by Bob8
  • Haha 1

On 30/09/2017 at 6:29 PM, ojx said:

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/contracts

Toronto Wolfpack Matches

Premier Sports has rights to broadcast all these games home & away.
This deal will include matches at Championship level should they get promoted.
However should Toronto reach "Middle 8s" or Super League level, Premier will no longer be able to televise Toronto games because their games would then fall under the Super League contract with Sky Sports. Sky would then only show Toronto games if they picked to do so on a weekly match to match basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1