Sign in to follow this  
weighman

Barrow v Whitehaven

Many congratulations from your friends at the Eagles.

Look forward to meeting up with you all next season, it's been too long!

• Like 1

Hells bells that was tense! Nip and tuck all game with not a lot in it at all, couldn't pick a mom out of that game. Excellent attendance with a good turnout from up the coast.

I felt that overall Raiders were the better team but it was close. I thought it was going to be Golden Point with 15 mins to go. Great gate as well. Gates of 4000 were usual in the 60s

Very nervous & tense listening too that, got the result in the end, hard luck Haven & thanks for traveling down in numbers.

Great day for Barrow.......now build on this please.

It was always going to be a tough, close game but boy it was a lot tougher than I could have imagined.  Full credit to all 34 blokes who went out there and gave it everything, yes Barrow got the result but I couldn't have complained had Haven won, it was a memorable final in front of a very good crowd, well done both clubs and the big winner has to be rugby in Cumbria, it's not as dead as the doom mongers would have us believe.  

• Like 6

Hard luck Haven,the crowd turned up in numbers which is great.People in Cumbria do love their rugby league and this proves it.Congratulations Raiders,it sounds like you really had to graft.Good luck in the championship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done to Cresta and the lads. A hard - earned and well-deserved victory to cap a superb season. 

Always good to add yet another piece of silverware to the trophy cabinet. 

Whitehaven's unenviable cup jinx continues, but I'm sure they'll be right up there challenging with Bradford, Oldham, York etc next season. 

• Like 2

That was tense .... nothing between the teams and both wanted it in difficult conditions. The betting fraternity got it spot on as Haven were +4.

Big shout for the Haven supporters they were excellent.

• Like 1

I just, i just, i just don't know what to say. I'm just starting to calm down. Superb is the superlative I think. The crowd, the tense atmosphere, the occasion, the result, the relief. Where do you start? And the banter with the Haven fans who travelled in their hundreds before, during and after the game was tremendous. Imagine how we would of felt if we got beat on one game deciding a whole season?  Crazy. I'll leave it there for now and comment on next season in the coming months but if the RL don't sort out RL1, well, i'll leave it to you to fill in the blanks.

• Like 2

Well done Barrow, thought you were the best team last season so well deserved and hope you can go up and stay up, we'll just have to beat our bogey side in the Championship when we finally get there 😉

Hard luck Haven, brilliantbshowing after playing 108mins last week against us.

Cracking crowd as well

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TMF said:

I just, i just, i just don't know what to say. I'm just starting to calm down. Superb is the superlative I think. The crowd, the tense atmosphere, the occasion, the result, the relief. Where do you start? And the banter with the Haven fans who travelled in their hundreds before, during and after the game was tremendous. Imagine how we would of felt if we got beat on one game deciding a whole season?  Crazy. I'll leave it there for now and comment on next season in the coming months but if the RL don't sort out RL1, well, i'll leave it to you to fill in the blanks.

Spot on .

There are some great clubs left in league 1 fighting a ridiculous playing format.

• Like 1

george, nail, head, hit, on, but what, what the hell do we do? Do the BOD's in each club not talk to each other? Do they not go to Red Hall and say this is s..t and if you don't listen to us, some clubs could go out of existence? I'm in the fortunate position tonight of watching my team today being promoted. Ironically, does that make it easier for us next season? Time will tell.  

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, TMF said:

george, nail, head, hit, on, but what, what the hell do we do? Do the BOD's in each club not talk to each other? Do they not go to Red Hall and say this is s..t and if you don't listen to us, some clubs could go out of existence? I'm in the fortunate position tonight of watching my team today being promoted. Ironically, does that make it easier for us next season? Time will tell.  

You raiders just party , hopefully we will join you in a year.

• Like 1

34 magnificent athletes gave their all today ( well technically yesterday but as I have just got home its still Sunday to me)

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

We will probably lose a few players over the winter. If we do, I really want to wish them well. The squad has done us proud this past couple of years in League 1.

Edited by Bearman
Spelling
  • Like 1

Apologies didn't wait around for presentation / explanation.

Banner says League 1 Shield winners but didn't Hunslet win that?

So what was the Cup?

"Asking for a mate"

image.png

First of all it was great see such numbers at Craven Park,a tremendous following from Haven and the Barrow people came out to cheer on their side.

The game as was expected a close tough encounter which either side could have won,the Raiders just shading it for having the bravery to cut loose a couple of times and set Shane Toal free.What was more impressive for me was the Raiders goaline defence which in effect won them the tie.

Commiserations to Haven who tried all they could to win the tie,it was a shame that there had to be a loser.

Last but not least,congratulations to Cresta and his staff and team on the season.

It has had some very memorable moments and the Raiders deserve their promotion,I just hope now that somebody will back them next season and cut the yo-yo string.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations Barrow, looking forward to seeing another traditional RL club with good away support at Fev next season.

• Like 3

Good luck for next season i dont think any haven fan would disagree that you've been the more consistent of the 2 teams over the season and deserve promotion. Now the hard bit the championship is a lot stronger now than it was 3 or 4 years ago when you where last in it. I was thinking the other day if we got promoted there would realistically only be only 3 or 4 teams we could expect to beat. Think there will be some changes for 2019 maybe no relegation next season hopefully we'll join youse in championship in 2019

• Like 3

Thanks to all Haven supporters for their comments here. I agree with you donald, no 80/70 point wins next year. Good. To the Board, Haven must be no1 on the list for next season friendlies, especially with no IPRO Cup. That'll shake us up for the coming season, lol.

41 minutes ago, TMF said:

Thanks to all Haven supporters for their comments here. I agree with you donald, no 80/70 point wins next year. Good. To the Board, Haven must be no1 on the list for next season friendlies, especially with no IPRO Cup. That'll shake us up for the coming season, lol.

Good shout that

Just got back to Switzerland after a great weekend: certainly worth missing Lyon-Villeurbanne XIII's first game of the season!

Sunday put a big smile on my face that will be there all winter. The match had everything, tension, drama and plenty of skill in tough conditions. Both teams were up for it and the crowd of over 3,000 made the most noise I've heard at Barrow for a long time. We even had a streaker.

Congratulations to Cresta and all the lads for rounding off a great season in real style. Barrow are back where they belong. It was great to listen to all the school kids talking about the match this morning on the train to Ulverston. They were buzzing and if the next generation is hooked then we're going to be just fine. My only regret was that my wife's visa didn't arrive in time, so she couldn't come with me.

I must pay tribute to the Haven fans who were brilliant before, during and after the match. They really got behind their lads. Hopefully they can join us in the Championship in 2019.

Nice one.

• Like 2