Toby Adamson

JimbobRam

1 hour ago, YOUNG UN said:

Is he Lancashire based? That's maybe why. Can't see that the money would be any better. Just hope for his sake his contract isn't based on any win bonus or he he could come up well short;)

Yes he lives on the wrong side of the Pennines, apparently he's only about 15/20 mins away from Rochdale's ground, traveling over the M62 was getting too much,plus Rochdale offered him alot more than we did.

10 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Yes he lives on the wrong side of the Pennines, apparently he's only about 15/20 mins away from Rochdale's ground, traveling over the M62 was getting too much,plus Rochdale offered him alot more than we did.

If you cannot compete with Hornet's financially, be afraid..........be very afraid !

In all seriousness, travelling and training facilities will have played a major part in his decision,

When I lived in England, the M62 was a glorified car park.

Regarding a career backward step, unless something financially miraculous happens at

either club, we will both be fighting for mid-table security at best and if all the rumours

become true regarding a re-organisation, who knows what division both clubs will be in

next year, let alone who we will be playing. Good luck for next year and let's try to ruffle

the feathers of some of the more fancied clubs.

Travelling to Catalans? Stay at La Villa Céline

Contact us for a special Rugby accommodation package here

signature.jpg

I'm sorry to lose Toby but think it was inevitable. Travelling is a burden for many and the M62 isn't an attractive prospect after a day's work. Add to that a large increase in contract money and (I hear) rejoining his brother there, and his decision is perfectly understandable.

I don't think that we ever saw the best of Toby as he was hindered with bad injuries during the last two seasons. I believe that he will become one of the best forwards in the Championship provided that he can stay relatively injury free in the future.

I wish him all the best.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, JimbobRam said:

Really can't see Rochdale offering much more, surely we've got s higher budget then Rochdale ?

Shame to lose Toby as he was great for us, be a big loss

No idea about the respective budgets if I’m honest but anyone who was at the forum will have heard Mark Sawyer inform us that we ain’t exactly rolling in it and we’re some 30-40K off the sort of playing budget we really needed.  

Unless we’ve won the lottery I fully expect more bad news before next season !   We just ain’t a club with money to spend.  Unfortunately ?

3 hours ago, Popeye Doyle said:

If you cannot compete with Hornet's financially, be afraid..........be very afraid !

In all seriousness, travelling and training facilities will have played a major part in his decision,

When I lived in England, the M62 was a glorified car park.

Regarding a career backward step, unless something financially miraculous happens at

either club, we will both be fighting for mid-table security at best and if all the rumours

become true regarding a re-organisation, who knows what division both clubs will be in

next year, let alone who we will be playing. Good luck for next year and let's try to ruffle

the feathers of some of the more fancied clubs.

Spot on. If I had to drive across the M62 a few times a week I’d happily play for Chorley Borough!!

2 hours ago, NickD said:

No idea about the respective budgets if I’m honest but anyone who was at the forum will have heard Mark Sawyer inform us that we ain’t exactly rolling in it and we’re some 30-40K off the sort of playing budget we really needed.  

Unless we’ve won the lottery I fully expect more bad news before next season !   We just ain’t a club with money to spend.  Unfortunately ?

Maybe Nick, but you must have noted that very few of the Championship clubs have announced any signings as of yet. As MS stated at this meeting, and I keep banging on about, the salary cap calculations and assessments this year are far more stringent: not only does every club need its projected budget approving but also each and every contract has also to be approved. None of the six "poorer" clubs have announced significant signings and many have said that they will be pressing on with securing the bulk of their existing squads. Belt-tightening all round I predict.

As far as Rochdale are concerned, as a member-owned club they won't be throwing any money about and it is worth noting that they have also announced that 11 of their players have been released.

And do remember that we have retained the majority of our key players already - no real need for gloom and doom just yet.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe Nick, but you must have noted that very few of the Championship clubs have announced any signings as of yet. As MS stated at this meeting, and I keep banging on about, the salary cap calculations and assessments this year are far more stringent: not only does every club need its projected budget approving but also each and every contract has also to be approved. None of the six "poorer" clubs have announced significant signings and many have said that they will be pressing on with securing the bulk of their existing squads. Belt-tightening all round I predict.

As far as Rochdale are concerned, as a member-owned club they won't be throwing any money about and it is worth noting that they have also announced that 11 of their players have been released.

And do remember that we have retained the majority of our key players already - no real need for gloom and doom just yet.

Thanks BSJ.  No doom and gloom here just trying to bring some realism to the conversation.   MS stated clearly that we were way short of what was needed to secure the sort of squad most of us speccies want and I’m guessing Toby won’t be the only one going.  I’m fairly confident that we can avoid the relegation scrap but I’m guessing it will be a tough task to get anything above 8th.  Would deco like to keep Sykes too. 

You had fifty odd players this season so you can afford to lose a few!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Yes we did and Ned started getting rid of the dead wood and trouble causers, you taking one of them?same next year so from all rams fans we thank you ?

Eeerm.  I may be wrong, probably am, but our mate Crookes might well have been on the winning side in all 5 derbies last season.  Maybe he wasn’t so bad after all?

45 minutes ago, NickD said:

Eeerm.  I may be wrong, probably am, but our mate Crookes might well have been on the winning side in all 5 derbies last season.  Maybe he wasn’t so bad after all?

On the other hand he was also involved in those disastrous early season losses. If we'd been playing the dogs every match mind, we'd have been just fine, and GM would have been coach of the year.;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

On the other hand he was also involved in those disastrous early season losses. If we'd been playing the dogs every match mind, we'd have been just fine, and GM would have been coach of the year.;)

I've still got a hole in my ar.se

So that means Morrison is still not a good coach ;)

5 hours ago, NickD said:

Not sure,I think he played in the first game, Ned's first game in charge, wasn't he injured (allegedly) for the cup game and summer bash?

16 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

You had fifty odd players this season so you can afford to lose a few!

Are you sure PM?

I've told you a million times not to over-exaggerate.

Regarding Crookes being a liability, didn't his replacement Mr. Hallett see red at least once since taking the huff over the valley? On the whole I think we've been happy with his fiscipline amd ability. Regarding the Adamson situation and the difficulty in ALL clubs declaring signings; with the arrival of Toronto and their signing of anything that moves coupled with Leigh, London and Toulouse, any side outside those 4 are all going to struggle this time in attracting players, so to say this or that player is taking a risk or a backward step could be very misleading. The bottom 6 (Batley, Dewsbury, Sheffield, Swinton, Rochdale and Barrow) will all be dipping in the same pot, and depending on who gets the best recipe out of it, those 6 spots could go any way. Batley for instance couldn't keep up the momentum of 2016, struggled to rebuild 2017 and are doing it again this season, so trying to predict positions this time is an impossibility.

Archived