Sign in to follow this  
Campeze

Moving the Club forward with your help

We met at 6.30pm today in the Lewthwaite Suite some good ideas brought up, but we’re gonna really struggle to put these ideas to any benefit without more people’s help and support in a physical form. 

We need people to help. Or this will be a fruitless exercise. 

So there’s another meeting to move on with this 6.30pm in Lewthwaite Suite on Tuesday 10th Oct. 30-45mins max  

please don’t think you can’t get involved in this, you absolutely can. 

See you next Tuesday. 

• Like 3

Hi Pete, sorry I couldn't make it last night as i've got the Theresa May bug and can't make it, or next week as, hopefully, i'm going on holiday. Just to help anybody who is interested, could you tell us what some of those good ideas were? Hopefully it might make more people get involved and maybe offer solutions and more ideas, even if it's just on this site. Glad people turned up and good for them. Good luck mate. Gonna need it next season.

• Like 1

18th man shirt - Fans pay £50 to have their name included in the design of the jersey like a watermark- be great to see all supporters with it on at games and could come pre printed with "Raiders 18th Man/Woman" on the back.

Workington run a '200 club' where they sell tickets for £20 at the start of the season, a number gets picked out every week and the winner gets a free ticket or hospitality or whatever prize it is that week.

Edited by Raider94

Two brilliant ideas.

6 minutes ago, SJD said:

The 200 club is a belter, I'm up for that one

Try better than that haven have had a 300 club for last 2 seasons with the size of barrow you should be trying for a 400 club

Reminder. Meeting tonight for those interested in helping the club to move forward with practical help. 

Please show your support. 

6.30pm. Lewthwaite Suite. 

I am a long ways away, but my 2 cents worth as an interested bystander - I think there needs to be a bit of culture change in order to attract new demographics. The RL base is very traditional from what I have observed, and that base is shrinking and persnickety.  Someone needs to brainstorm on how to attract more women, more families and more diverse age and race demographics. 

Somehow, and I am not proposing that I know how, the home games need to be more "event like".  I know that is a tall order given that Barrow is not a big place.  All the suggestions above by others were meritorious but I think more nibbling away at the edges.  Maybe it will be small steps, but I think somehow someone needs to be thinking "big" to help really impact this great team.

And when in doubt, a scotch pie gun cannot hurt....:lol:

Hope it was a good meeting.

On the subject of ladies Captain Survival, you've just prodded my brain somewhat.

Why don't the club attempt a 'ladies' day, emulating what we see at race meetings across the country. Section of a section of the popular side, reserve it for women with big hats and fancy dresses, have bottles of prosecco etc.

33 minutes ago, millomite said:

On the subject of ladies Captain Survival, you've just prodded my brain somewhat.

Why don't the club attempt a 'ladies' day, emulating what we see at race meetings across the country. Section of a section of the popular side, reserve it for women with big hats and fancy dresses, have bottles of prosecco etc.

Done ladies days at haven 2 or 3 times this season made a lot of coin out of it .

1 hour ago, millomite said:

Ladies day in Barrow???

"come to the rugby and eff and Jeff like a trooper whilst wearing a big hat" 

1 hour ago, donald said:

Done ladies days at haven 2 or 3 times this season made a lot of coin out of it .

What did it involve Donald if you don't mind me asking?

6 minutes ago, millomite said:

Not 100% sure just know they were sell outs and they filled the club bar when it finished . Some of the  directors had to do bar duty on them days in the clubhouse. Think there was also a women's prosecco bar in the 2 home games against barrow. 

35 minutes ago, millomite said:

some clubs have players volunteering to wait on ladies tables , they hold a bidding auction for each table at the start of the evening to bid for their prefered waiter ! 

We did a ladies day last year.

We had a couple of lads that werent playing serving drinks. They were bare chested and wore dickie bows. They were a big hit with the ladies. 

We had a manicure, Hopi Ear Candles and an Indian head massage stalls.

We did it in conjunction with a local baby charity. It went down extremely well as the charity promoted it too.

another good and productive meeting last night, in term of ideas. But to move forward than just the ideas stage the club needs physical and actual support in running these ideas and projects.

Paul Roberts from Chandlers is going to host a Pizza eating competition, PLAYERS v FANS. details to follow.

The idea of names on the back of the shirt is both a good one and obv one that's been done before (twice in my tenure) however the time scale is such that it isn't possible to do now for next year. however it will be on the 2019 kit.

The idea of the 200/300/400 club is a great one and one that will come to fruition. However it needs someone to run it and get it off the ground. I and the club will help in the promotion of it, but the best way to sell it is for someone to take on the project, use the club resources to network it, and start it off.

For a ONCE A YEAR PAYMENT of £20 each person will get a number from 1-200. This will always be their number. this number and their name will be displayed on a large board on the front of the Raiders Bar for all to see. starting on the 1st week of the season there will be a draw and someone each week till the end of the season will win a prize. A family ticket to the next game, signed ball, signed shirt, framed team photo, VIP game day out, meal for two in the boardroom, inclusion into training and video sessions, free drinks at the game, free away trip for 2, etc etc.

What this needs to get going is someone to initially help the club sell the 200 and then each week to make the draw and facilitate the winner.

So my number is 07710417827 and my email address is pete@murphstar.co.uk if anyone is interested in helping to run and maintain this project then please get in touch.

We also need to put in place before the end of the year someone to organise the putting up and distribution of our matchday posters. the club will pay for and deal with the design and print, and we need someone responsible for putting them up round the town.

get in touch. More news to follow.

Good luck on all these ideas.  As I know the club needs to raise income I am sure they will all benefit.  Ladies day, introduce a friend to rugby day, meet and greet day, etc all can be beneficial.  I don't believe they really speak to the cultural change I think might be necessary in order to really affect crowd sizes in the long term and growing the support base but I also don't know what may be possible in Barrow on a macro marketing basis.

Do you track concession revenue per capita per game and other similar stats?  Might it be more beneficial to just pack the rafters with free ticket holders who eat  and drink a lot? Or kids enter free, etc.

I can distribute posters around Askam, kirkby,  Broughton area Pete if you think it will help mate.