Ten points, 4 league wins, half the dream team and the man of steel - time to say stop !

The evidence is stark, bordering on outrageous, and some people talk about a game this coming Saturday !

We want to promote this great game of ours, and we potentially throw away the achievements of the greatest team in many a year, all based on the result of this game on Saturday.

Cas are well and truly the best team by far this season, and as League Champions, they have now beaten the runners-up 4 times this season - yes 4 times !

As a Rhinos fan, I hold my head in shame at what the structure of the game has become. On Saturday, I yet again, will be washing my hair, or at least participating in something more meaningful.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AiredaleMike said:

The evidence is stark, bordering on outrageous, and some people talk about a game this coming Saturday !

We want to promote this great game of ours, and we potentially throw away the achievements of the greatest team in many a year, all based on the result of this game on Saturday.

Cas are well and truly the best team by far this season, and as League Champions, they have now beaten the runners-up 4 times this season - yes 4 times !

As a Rhinos fan, I hold my head in shame at what the structure of the game has become. On Saturday, I yet again, will be washing my hair, or at least participating in something more meaningful.

The rules at the start , I agree with the sentiment , but 

5 minutes ago, AiredaleMike said:

But they're not Champions-yet.

11 minutes ago, AiredaleMike said:

Well the 70k plus in attendance will enjoy the event and the 1000's watching at home and down the pub. But you wash your hair if it makes you feel better ?

Is it that time of year again? 

Don't forget to come back again next October to remind us for the 21st year in a row about how little you care. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

2 hours ago, AiredaleMike said:

I get your sentiment however if Cas are as good as we think they will win for a 5th time v Leeds this year.

The GF is good Imo. Just the structure before it needs work.

11 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

Is it that time of year again? 

Don't forget to come back again next October to remind us for the 21st year in a row about how little you care. 

4 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

We haven't seen Mike for a while.

:laugh:

Ullman only mentioned him last week on the coach to Headingley. In spite of the fact we both knew who we were talking about, it took a while until one of us remembered his name.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

JoneslessBishop - I took great pride in my team winning the League and Cup in 2015 - but the Sky Trophy meant nothing to me - it helps to be consistent !

I look forward to sharing banter with other Rhinos fans after Saturday - in the unlikely event of a Leeds win, and asking them if they hand on heart, truly believe that the Rhinos are true champions ! Unfortunately the, response is likely to be somewhat sad I feel.

Let's all hope that Cas win then.

GUBRATS - Have you tried explaining the 'rules' of the Spanish Constitution to the Catalans ? As we know perhaps not all rules are good rules, or even healthy ones.

1 hour ago, AiredaleMike said:

I look forward to sharing banter with other Rhinos fans after Saturday - in the unlikely event of a Leeds win, and asking them if they hand on heart, truly believe that the Rhinos are true champions ! Unfortunately the, response is likely to be somewhat sad I feel.

I bet they can't wait !!

OK,  different sport/different competition etc but if say Mark Cavendish won the Tour de France because he won the final stage on the Champs Elysees despite being two hours down on time to the Yellow Jersey, then eyebrows might be raised.

Yes, I accept the different sport/competition counter argument but where the LLS is clearly 'better' as regards wins, points scored/ difference etc then some might wonder. If the LLS isn't clearly 'better' then this argument fades a bit.

What I'm saying I suppose is yes the GF winners are the Champions but depending on the stats from the season I can't necessarily see them as the best team. I'm thinking of the Bradford- St Helens Season from 20 years ago.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

didn't see storm complain last sunday- gf- bring it on

I was thinking the same , you never here that there and plenty of league leaders come unstuck. Improving the competitiveness so more teams can make the GF is more the key , as in the NRL .

1 hour ago, AiredaleMike said:

I look forward to sharing banter with other Rhinos fans after Saturday

Image result for boring man

"Go on Mike, tell us all about it again..."

I enjoy the play offs just not keen on super 8 surely 23 rounds and then play offs is enough games . Instead of flogging our players also teams just end up with bloated squad sizes . Less games could reduce squad sizes which then could help spread the player pool 

Chief Crazy Eagle

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

:laugh:

Ullman only mentioned him last week on the coach to Headingley. In spite of the fact we both knew who we were talking about, it took a while until one of us remembered his name.

Probably time to post the reason for that conversation.

Free go on the hook-a-duck at Hull Fair between 6pm and 8pm this Saturday for anybody who can tell me which year these programme notes are from. 

SAM_1863.thumb.JPG.6e2db20d709190365c751ef7110ce762.JPG

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

It might only be me but I can only see a photobucket message mate. :sad:

Archived