Sign in to follow this  
southstand loiner

rugby league fairs and auction

there will be a auction held in Ossett  near Wakefield on the 29th of October and with luck I have been able to now attach a file giving details of the event and a lot listing .

I know the date is a bit late in the year but we felt it wrong to use what would have been our preferred date of the 15th of October when we found out that the hunslet fair was to be held on Saturday the 24th of October and is a good day out on its own so 2 fair in 2 days would be a bit much and I for one always attend the hunslet fair .

the fair in ossett with have both the auction and a number of stalls including one with some good books that don't come up for sale very often . the hunslet faie will not have a auction but is well worth attending as its a good event and a chance to meet up with like minded collectors

AUCTION CAT .1.pdf

Edited by southstand loiner
attached file was incorrect in details

quick note to say there was an error in the attached file which I have now replaced with the correct details .

many thanks for pointing it out 

On 05/10/2017 at 1:48 AM, southstand loiner said:

there will be a auction held in Ossett  near Wakefield on the 29th of October and with luck I have been able to now attach a file giving details of the event and a lot listing .

I know the date is a bit late in the year but we felt it wrong to use what would have been our preferred date of the 15th of October when we found out that the hunslet fair was to be held on Saturday the 24th of October and is a good day out on its own so 2 fair in 2 days would be a bit much and I for one always attend the hunslet fair .

the fair in ossett with have both the auction and a number of stalls including one with some good books that don't come up for sale very often . the hunslet faie will not have a auction but is well worth attending as its a good event and a chance to meet up with like minded collectors

AUCTION CAT .1.pdf

Shame there was only really one stall there today, but I guess it's more about the auction.

Any chance at all of posting the results of this Auction ???? or maybe update the Catalouge above to add the prices fetched against each item ???

Thanks

On 05/11/2017 at 11:50 AM, Roughyedz said:

Any chance at all of posting the results of this Auction ???? or maybe update the Catalouge above to add the prices fetched against each item ???

Thanks

Thats a NO then ???????????????

see that the 1942 Final went straight on E Bay how much did it go for at the auction ? ...............but i think its like flogging a dead horse as i didnt even receive any acknoledgement for the bids i put in .......... ah well never mind, this world we live in now is for everyone with a car .............. so if you didnt go its just hard luck seems to be the story, not a very good way to attract new fans of the hobby really and certainly not a good way to maximise your price achieved at an auction in the future

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-1942-RUGBY-LEAGUE-CUP-FINAL-HALIFAX-V-LEEDS-ODSAL-BRADFORD-6TH-JUNE-19/253250962955?hash=item3af6ef060b:g:mBEAAOSwW6BaBJsy

Edited by Roughyedz

to be fair i doubt it was automated auction so adding prices realised manually will take ages. It would be nice but i guess the organiser doesn't have the time.

also, not sure what that ebayer is smoking but £199 for something that's been through the dish washer is a joke!! I sold a folded version for £225 and ive seen one other go for £360 a few months back. As a filler that's worth a tenner and I'm being generous!

I just don;t think there's a wider audience anymore, the casual collectors have disappeared so it's now limited to a few serious collectors and the odd chancer wanting gold but paying coppers.

and, i think a few are selling up / cashing in.

9 hours ago, DJ69 said:

to be fair i doubt it was automated auction so adding prices realised manually will take ages. It would be nice but i guess the organiser doesn't have the time.

also, not sure what that ebayer is smoking but £199 for something that's been through the dish washer is a joke!! I sold a folded version for £225 and ive seen one other go for £360 a few months back. As a filler that's worth a tenner and I'm being generous!

I just don;t think there's a wider audience anymore, the casual collectors have disappeared so it's now limited to a few serious collectors and the odd chancer wanting gold but paying coppers.

and, i think a few are selling up / cashing in.

Spot on ..........Tell me about it .......lol ......... The ones run by Richard Bailey were great and i do know that it was his son with help of others that launched the above 2 do's ....... anyone on here actually go ???? I used to go to Richards when i had my own transport but sadly dont have that any more