Sign in to follow this  
Scubby

I am so pumped for the World Cup (miserable beggars ignore)

It is just starting to hit home to me how much I loved the 2013 RLWC. This upcoming tournament has the potential to be even better. Of course I am pumped about England (even without a bloody mug) but stuff to warm the hearts of all RL fans must be live games from PNG (so excited for the Wales game), double header in Perth and the NZ, Tonga, Samoa group will be awesome.

I simply cannot wait for it all to start. Kid in a sweet shop kinda stuff!

I hope that is okay with everybody? Bloke excited about RL tournament thread.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Ok by me . I need a wall chart to pin up in my room like footy world cups in my youth .. I agree about 2013 , going to games was a fantastic experience 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

The Kiwi, Samoan and Tongan war dances, the fijians singing, The papuans going nuts for their world cup, all the pomp and ceremony, the big kiwis, the aussie machine, the early morning kick offs and beers before lunch, the hope and then eventual capitulation of England i can't wait.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bring it on!! I love watching the Lebanons and the USAs, all those "fringe" nations 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Can't wait will love every second ( until England crash and burn ). 

If things go to form, England could play PNG in Melbourne in the quarter-finals.  What chance of a PNG win then?

Me too. Love the World Cup . There have been some VERY exiting finishes in previous competitions and I expect there to be some more this time round.

Perhaps posters on here could start making suggestions in regard to sorting out tv coverage, buying programmes and finding pubs for watching matches in, etc ?

Will there be a regular RLWC highlights roundup show on the BBC at all?

I’ve not got Premier and can’t take time off work to watch Australia vs England.

Other than those two elements, I am really looking forward to it.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

We don't yet know how much Freesports will show on delay, but they do have some live matches scheduled.

The BBC appear to be doing ten highlights shows across the tournament, in addition to the full matches they broadcast: https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/2017worldcup 

Edited by Futtocks
  • Thanks 3

Looking forward to it but a strange contrast to last time when I had tickets for many games already. Still, just about time for a lottery win before it starts...

I am so excited, not just for the main event but the build up. We will even have huge crowds for warm up games... 2008 was a delight, 2013 was incredible and 2017 will be majestic.

looking forward to:

- even more strong teams, with Fiji, Tonga and Samoa being capable of shaking up the big 3;

- PNG and th rest of the Pacific Islands going World Cup billy; 

- England putting on a show to shake the southern nations to the core, building on the Samoa game;

- established stars like Hayne and Taumolo reminding us how lucky we are to watch the greatest game; and

- stars I have never heard of steeping into the spotlight... 

Edited by Exiled Wiganer
  • Like 2

Great thread - totally agree 

Booked all the fridays off work when there are matches and intend to watch just about every game 

Love watching the South Sea Island teams leathering each other

Just hope Australia do the decent thing and let someone else win

I’ve been a bit ambivalent to the sport this year; still watched it of course but been more interested in the likes of Toulouse and Toronto than SL at times. Can’t wait for the World Cup though... let’s hope the Aussies and Kiwis grasp it and turn it into a massive event as the PNG guys will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Scubby said:

(even without a bloody mug)

Miserable begger. White mug, red paint, paint brush. Job done. :tongue:

• Like 1

It will be a great series of well contested matches. 

I am lucky, I follow the greatest game.

bring on the w.c.

cant bloody wait !

37 minutes ago, Dreadnoughts back please said:

Is there any easy way to see UK kick off times? I may need to start altering my sleeping pattern now in readiness.

Bookmark this page: https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/

For more detail on match-day, use this for live scores and line-ups: http://www.flashscore.com/rugby-league/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1