Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Northerner

Try of the Season

It's been a cracking year for tries this season, both individual brilliance and creative teamwork.

The one from the kick off from Cas v Warrington stands out in my mind. Not only was the try itself brilliant. I remember it as the match that made me sit up and think they were a force to be reckoned with. 

Any favourites?

2 minutes ago, Converted Northerner said:

It's been a cracking year for tries this season, both individual brilliance and creative teamwork.

The one from the kick off from Cas v Warrington stands out in my mind. Not only was the try itself brilliant. I remember it as the match that made me sit up and think they were a force to be reckoned with. 

Any favourites?

That's spooky.

I presume you mean Warrington v Cas, I watched the Youtube highlights this morning as it was my favourite SL try of 2017.

Ironically, Zak Hardaker was instrumental in Gale scoring from the kick off. That try blew me (and Wire!) away.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

9 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

That's spooky.

I presume you mean Warrington v Cas, I watched the Youtube highlights this morning as it was my favourite SL try of 2017.

Ironically, Zak Hardaker was instrumental in Gale scoring from the kick off. That try blew me (and Wire!) away.

Yes, sorry wrong way round! 

It's my personal favourite because it was like nothing else I'd ever seen! Although you could pick a few tries from that night as like you said Wire were played off the park. 

Junior Moors to Luke Gale then kick to Greg Minikin Cas v Leeds.

Rah Rah Emissary:  Our Bigotry will blot out the sun.

Legio XIII:                  Then we shall play in the shade.

Huddersfield scored an absolute belter and I can't for the life of me remember who it was against! (Salford maybe?)

Anyway, if I find it I'll post is that was the try of the season for me

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.