33 minutes ago, IAmASeatonRanger said:

are we going to b struggling for a team again in 2018 with players going and not signing anyone until we have a coach. is it time to worry about the club

Nope

25 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

Found it.

BBC radio Cumbria sport tweeted squad news due 7 am  tomorrow so keep the faith .......

Hopefully a bit of uplifting news

Edited by wonky

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

seatonranger ? seaton is 13 miles north east of you asser marra .

Standby for an influx of them mate

its all gone Pete Tongue down at DP, what the hell is going on and who is in charge / responsible of these latest out goings? Where is the influx of players coming from - if they are from the local amateur ranks how long will it take to bring them up to C1 level - if they are travellers or imports how much will they cost. What will any potential coach think of the current situation?

Simply the players are responsible for the latest out goings , it's their career , it's their choice, we may not agree we may not like their choice but they will have their reasons. I hope if there are some genuine underlying problems that affect the playing side then departing players have communicated them on a professional manner to allow the custodians to analyse and improve the club for a better future. 

In 15-20 years time there may well be a young offspring Phillips,Ritson,Stack or Walker trying to forge a pro career and there needs to be a club to provide that pathway. 

Good luck to all the departing players,maybe too much has gone on and a break is next at this time ,thanks for the entertainment and hopefully we see you again the colours of Workington Town. 

• Like 2

Players come and go all the time in sport. There’s more signings and re-signings already in the bag to announce and players yet to come in. A new coach to be announced shortly. Hopefully whoever is appointed will  have great contacts in the game for a wider player pool to approach 

Its Mid October. All the talk of things going wrong is plain daft. If players want to leave the club for whatever reason you cannot shackle them to the Derwent Park railings. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, GMcKeating said:

Players come and go all the time in sport. There’s more signings and re-signings already in the bag to announce and players yet to come in. A new coach to be announced shortly. Hopefully whoever is appointed will  have great contacts in the game for a wider player pool to approach 

Its Mid October. All the talk of things going wrong is plain daft. If players want to leave the club for whatever reason you cannot shackle them to the Derwent Park railings. 

How's about just tying them Gary? I can get some rope like...

What an off season it's been so far though it's been more exciting than our last playing season ha

• Haha 1

Mr McKeating I don't consider myself daft, just a concerned life time paying supprter who hasn't got the benefit of your recent experience, insight and knowlege of the club.

Me Town Blue I said all the talk and never mentioned you. It’s wrong to change my statement that says ‘all the talk’ into one that’s taken as me calling you personally daft which I wouldn’t do and haven’t done 

10 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

How many have we signed on maybe 5? Another 20 needed? Thats a lot of 7am announcements!

And how many months until the season starts? Plenty time for 20 signings to be made, stop worrying. We all know what happened last year regarding signings. We didn’t trust the club but they proved us wrong by having a full squad for the first game of league 1. I have faith that we will have a full team again this year, give the BOD time and space to let them do this! We all need to get behind the club and support how we can.

Hambley and Singleton announced as signing on by BBC Cumbria sport on twitter 

2 hours ago, scott said:

Hambley and Singleton announced as signing on by BBC Cumbria sport on twitter 

Perrys a big signing for us. Was outstanding last year. Joes a top quality finisher, if he can work on his defence then he will be a great player for us next year 

Edited by wonky

20 minutes ago, GMcKeating said:

2 year deals as well

Thats Good as We need to see more of these 2 yr deals. This player merry go round every year does nothing for continuity or rebuilding.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Singleton has to be in the centre

Maybe Forster tried that but no luck this time ...