England's warm up game? Will we get to see it?

Scubby

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Basically it's a rep team made up of players who play in state leagues other than QLD and NSW.

Who would that be, a team of Pub players.

That will be a challenge for a "tier one" Test team, hardly worth bothering IMO

Wouldn't France play them?

Weren't The Gatton Hawks or Coogee Crocodiles available.....

England, set up to fail every series....

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

2 minutes ago, Allora said:

That will be a challenge for a "tier one" Test team, hardly worth bothering IMO

Wouldn't France play them?

Weren't The Gatton Hawks or Coogee Crocodiles available.....

England, set up to fail every series....

Perhaps all England need is a training run against park players. Some guys have already played 35 games this year.

Just now, Scubby said:

Perhaps all England need is a training run against park players. Some guys have already played 35 games this year.

Yes a decent training run out seems a good idea.  Injuries are the risk?  It's occurred to me Bennett has packed his squad with forwards knowing it will get tough as tourament progresses. 

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

If you can learn more from Park players that may go out of their way to put a shot on a Test player rather than play an established Test team or even playing against each other in training runs within the England Squad so be it.

I can not see any sense in it at all.

Just now, Charlie RL said:

Yes a decent training run out seems a good idea.  Injuries are the risk?  It's occurred to me Bennett has packed his squad with forwards knowing it will get tough as tourament progresses. 

Packing a squad with forwards for a war of attrition but leaving the outside backs threadbare and relying on players having to play out of position or Forwards covering the Backs seems like a game plan that will almost certainly fail at Test level IMO

1 minute ago, Allora said:

If you can learn more from Park players that may go out of their way to put a shot on a Test player rather than play an established Test team or even play within the England Squad so be it.

I can not see any sense in it at all.

You do understand top teams have opposed training sessions? This is just a step up from that. Keeping players healthy after a mammoth season (which started in late January for many players) is the number one priority.

Just now, Scubby said:

You do understand top teams have opposed training sessions? This is just a step up from that. Keeping players healthy after a mammoth season (which started in late January for many players) is the number one priority.

I understand.

I have been in and around this game for a long time.

I also understand England have one of the worst lead ups to this World Cup, an absent Head Coach, a team that is unbalanced and has more than a few strange decisions and it does not bode well to do better than the Semis IMO 

Just now, Allora said:

I understand.

I have been in and around this game for a long time.

I also understand England have one of the worst lead ups to this World Cup, an absent Head Coach, a team that is unbalanced and has more than a few strange decisions and it does not bode well to do better than the Semis IMO 

Believe me we have had a lot worse. We did come over and comfortably beat Samoa in Sydney with players just stepping off the plane in May. That Samoa side was as strong as will play in the World Cup IMO (Milford, Kasiano etc.)

Just now, Scubby said:

Believe me we have had a lot worse. We did come over and comfortably beat Samoa in Sydney with players just stepping off the plane in May. That Samoa side was as strong as will play in the World Cup IMO (Milford, Kasiano etc.)

Kasiano has been on the decline for a few years, was he ever a top shelf player?  Milford is living off his highlights reel.

If England cannot put away the Pacific Island Nations comfortably then they are going to struggle this WC

Australia comfortably beat PNG and Fiji today in a warm up game without many of their key players, in a canter.

England are playing a team that does not have any known players in their ranks and most do not even know what the team is or represents?

Hardly good prep to meet Australia in the opener.

Kasiano has been on the decline for a few years, was he ever a top shelf player?  Milford is living off his highlights reel.

If England cannot put away the Pacific Island Nations comfortably then they are going to struggle this WC

Australia comfortably beat PNG and Fiji today in a warm up game without many of their key players, in a canter.

England are playing a team that does not have any known players in their ranks and most do not even know what the team is or represents?

Hardly good prep to meet Australia in the opener.

What! There are two Australian teams? I thought this game was the opener.

rldfsignature.jpg

I get a feeling if I had mentioned 2 other players it would have received pretty much the same response from you. I'm looking forward to the World Cup and I think England will do okay.

Just now, Scubby said:

I get a feeling if I had mentioned 2 other players it would have received pretty much the same response from you. I'm looking forward to the World Cup and I think England will do okay.

I hope England do ok, I really do. I can not see it with the teams that has picked and the Coach in charge or the rubbish lead up to this WC.

I would not have Kasiano at my club even a few years ago when he came of the bench to trundle up the field for a short while.

Milford is on a Kings Ransom and shows up about as much as Shaun Johnson does but is not as good.

Which other players would you have mentioned, someone better than the two you named?

6 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

I back Bennett to get what he wants out of the warm up and respect his squad pick.  Some hiccups along the way but WB knows his business.  

That's a credit to you Charlie.

In last years four Nations he pretty well humiliated several players as not being good enough or able to stick to a game plan.

He barely gave the Media any time and when he did he disappointed most English Fans.

Many Australians read his interviews like this..

I wanted the Australian Coaching Job and missed out to Meninga so I took on the next best thing on offer to try and stick it to Australia like I did in 2008 with the Kiwis.

Unfortunately I do not have the Cattle like I have had in my past victories at Club and Test level so I will say as little as  I can and ride it out till the boot hits me.

Archived